Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New! BT2360 & Hertz Pro Speaker Kit for 2015 up RG

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2016, 09:34 PM
Ndfastln
Road Master
Received 157 Likes on 133 Posts

I haven't dug into it just yet, its completely stock so far except for audio. I've been collecting parts, and will start on it soon.

The lowers:

Old 10-26-2016, 09:40 PM
Ndfastln
Road Master

Originally Posted by haze324
ND... That's perfect!! My internet kept going out it sucks here but I was trying to write that most of the Area 51 stuff, I would say its best for "extreme" builds - speakers in the bags, multiple amps, etc. I've been putting a lot of thought into stuff that would crossover well for the average rider. I'm also talking install techniques, creative wiring, gains, EQ -- stuff that doesn't come in a box. But what I really enjoy is what you are describing. I may have something for you, gimme a day or so and I'll shoot you a PM.
Sweet!! I'll be like a kid at Christmas waiting!!

Old 10-26-2016, 11:33 PM
Fatherwayne
Road Captain
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Ndfastln
I haven't dug into it just yet, its completely stock so far except for audio. I've been collecting parts, and will start on it soon.

The lowers:

Thanks for the pic. So how much modding did you have to do to get that 7.1 to fit in the lower? Did it just drop in?

Old 10-27-2016, 09:33 AM
Ndfastln
Road Master

Originally Posted by Fatherwayne
Thanks for the pic. So how much modding did you have to do to get that 7.1 to fit in the lower? Did it just drop in?
It wouldn't fit in the recessed area but fits snug just outside of the recess with spacers, longer screws and a little foam for a gasket.

Old 10-27-2016, 05:39 PM
psdj52
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Trying to bring this thread back to the subject listed....Lol....Wanted opinions on this setup Biketronics is offering. I have a 2016 Road Glide Special, I know Biketronics is a great company and has a lot of supporters here (rightfully so) with all the great reviews I have read. I am just looking for a fairing (2 speaker) system. I know some may say a little pricey, but I rather pay now and be (fingers crossed) done then go through a bunch of different trials only to get to this point. I guess my only concern about the Hertz or any of the higher end products is will they last. Not being water proof and all. Not that I ride in down pours, but want to make sure they can get a little wet (like washing and cleaning the bike or those rain storms we all have to ride through) and not worry the cones will dry out or damage the speakers. I will wait to hear the responses.

Old 10-27-2016, 06:11 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

No such thing as waterproof electrical stuff. Cover it with a scotch guarded / camp dry product and ride on. Use common sences when spraying a garden hose directly into the grills, or not.

As for the package, it's not the Hertz 1650.3 System so no telling how the conglomerate products will come together.

Dive in and let us know how it goes!!!! Mike and gang at BT usually do a very good job at end user demands so I bet it does pretty good.

T

Old 10-27-2016, 08:05 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by Tailwind
No such thing as waterproof electrical stuff. Cover it with a scotch guarded / camp dry product and ride on. Use common sences when spraying a garden hose directly into the grills, or not.

As for the package, it's not the Hertz 1650.3 System so no telling how the conglomerate products will come together.

Dive in and let us know how it goes!!!! Mike and gang at BT usually do a very good job at end user demands so I bet it does pretty good.

T
^^^
I agree with T. This is not Biketronics first rodeo with the Hertz speakers. I purchased their Hertz speakers years ago and never had a problem with rain or the speakers getting wet. Very durable speakers!! I'd say Biketronics has done their homework as always and this new two speaker system will be very good for those fortunate enough to afford it. Those new speakers are about as high end as it gets for our sleds!!

Old 10-27-2016, 08:30 PM
CVOJOE
Road Captain
Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts

IMO...what BT has done is went outside their "Box" to provide Late model Roadglide owners with a high level alternative to their other offerings for 15 and up Roadglides

Knowing BT, I bet this system sounds BADASS

Of course my opinion and $5 will get you a small coffee at Starbucks

Old 10-27-2016, 08:44 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 273 Likes on 185 Posts

The ml1650 is the best Hertz midbass they can buy individually. I bet they would have went with ml165 ,but since not available individually this was the best route. Also the neo magnet provided a minimal mounting depth. Surely an amazing package.

Old 10-27-2016, 10:43 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by psdj52
Trying to bring this thread back to the subject listed....Lol....Wanted opinions on this setup Biketronics is offering. I have a 2016 Road Glide Special, I know Biketronics is a great company and has a lot of supporters here (rightfully so) with all the great reviews I have read. I am just looking for a fairing (2 speaker) system. I know some may say a little pricey, but I rather pay now and be (fingers crossed) done then go through a bunch of different trials only to get to this point. I guess my only concern about the Hertz or any of the higher end products is will they last. Not being water proof and all. Not that I ride in down pours, but want to make sure they can get a little wet (like washing and cleaning the bike or those rain storms we all have to ride through) and not worry the cones will dry out or damage the speakers. I will wait to hear the responses.
Yes, Biketronics is a great company and this new RG package looks like a winner. It may seem pricey but to do it right the first time with a plug & play kit is certainly worth a try. BT also has a 30-day satisfaction guarantee. Hard to beat that!

This Hertz solid cone woofer is probably less susceptible to water damage than a coax speaker. Some coax speaker can leak water around the tweeter stalk and cause internal damage. As T mentioned a water repellent grill cloth is a very good idea. I use in all my speakers. As for the tweeter it's a BT part and warranted for life. I say go for it and let us know how it works out!!!