Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rushmore stereo help

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2016, 10:05 AM
2deuceguy
Road Captain
Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Tailwind
When u guys are talking about the LL, just want to make sure that ur talking about the same settings.
When u say the LL was set at 11:45, are u talking gains or HPF?
The gains should be damn close to the 12 o'clock position with the BT Label/Logo pointing up.
As for the HPF settings, those will have lines on them that the arrows should point to.
Agree with Bert in that u should be running full pass on your amp with the LL set properly. And if u do want a touch more of the low freqs in, u can ever so slightly adjust the LL HPF to do so. And when I say ever so slightly I'm talking a hair at a time as they are very sensitive and bad sound can happen fast.
Dynamat & FAST baffles will also warm things up if ur using the BT Fairing Brackets.

T
It's been a while so I'll have to look at the line levelers again but o believe it's the two gains on the end that I adjusted.

Old 10-18-2016, 10:38 AM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by cjwanner2000
It's been a while so I'll have to look at the line levelers again but o believe it's the two gains on the end that I adjusted.
Yes the gain setting are on the end of the LL. I was thinking you were talking about the HPF. Thanks for bringing that up T! Either way changing the Gains also changes the HPF voltage. Maybe tesnevo can help you get them set back to default.

Old 10-18-2016, 01:21 PM
tesnevo
Club Member
Received 95 Likes on 79 Posts

See, like I said help was on the way!!

Old 10-18-2016, 03:22 PM
Fatherwayne
Road Captain
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

When u guys are talking about the LL, just want to make sure that ur talking about the same settings.
When u say the LL was set at 11:45, are u talking gains or HPF?
The gains should be damn close to the 12 o'clock position with the BT Label/Logo pointing up.
As for the HPF settings, those will have lines on them that the arrows should point to.
Agree with Bert in that u should be running full pass on your amp with the LL set properly. And if u do want a touch more of the low freqs in, u can ever so slightly adjust the LL HPF to do so. And when I say ever so slightly I'm talking a hair at a time as they are very sensitive and bad sound can happen fast.
Dynamat & FAST baffles will also warm things up if ur using the BT Fairing Brackets.

T
Hey T, What's a fast baffle?

Old 10-18-2016, 03:30 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatherwayne
It's an additional little detail u can use to warm up a speaker just a tad. It's 2 foam rings and also a cap that u install around the speaker cage and magnet.

T

Attached Thumbnails Rushmore stereo help-photo646.jpg   Rushmore stereo help-photo302.jpg  
Old 10-18-2016, 03:35 PM
2deuceguy
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Fatherwayne
I was thinking the same thing but didn't wanna sound like an idiot lol

Old 10-18-2016, 03:40 PM
2deuceguy
Road Captain

Originally Posted by tesnevo
See, like I said help was on the way!!
Now to get home early enough to try all this out. This oil ain't gonna get itself out of the ground

Old 10-18-2016, 08:28 PM
Fatherwayne
Road Captain

It's an additional little detail u can use to warm up a speaker just a tad. It's 2 foam rings and also a cap that u install around the speaker cage and magnet.

T
Thanks buddy. And thanks for the pics. Is that something I buy (if so, where? ) or something I build?

Old 10-18-2016, 08:30 PM
Fatherwayne
Road Captain

Originally Posted by cjwanner2000
I was thinking the same thing but didn't wanna sound like an idiot lol
No stupid questions here. I've been all over these forums and I just learned something new thanks to Tailwind!
-Wayne

Old 10-18-2016, 08:31 PM
2deuceguy
Road Captain

Ok switched the amp back to flat. The gains were set pretty much dead on 24.49 before I touched the line levelers, so I set everything to run the test tone. Fired the bike up and then adjusted the line levelers gains back to 24.49 on each side. I took a picture of the gains as they came and where they are at now looks identical. I pulled the test tone and hooked the speakers back up. Put the fairing back, fired the bike up and turned it up. It seems to sound quite a bit better. There's a lot more lows and mids it seems. I shut it off and left the stereo playing. There is still more bass without it running but doesn't seem to be as much of a difference. I'll need to get it out on the road to tell for sure though.
Now for the software update. I got it downloaded to my laptop but it won't transfer to a thumb drive. Not sure what to do there

Last edited by 2deuceguy; 10-18-2016 at 08:39 PM.

Quick Reply: Rushmore stereo help