Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I want a more powerful setup

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2016, 07:15 AM
tesnevo
Club Member
Received 95 Likes on 79 Posts
Default I want a more powerful setup

So here goes phase 4 of the audio upgrades, thanks to you guys!!!
I'm wanting to go to a more powerful amp (currently arc 600.4) and 4 speakers that can handle more power. (Currently 2 focals krc165 in the tour package JL audio zr650 csi in the fairing)
I want more power and louder.
Yes it sounds great and clear now but I want more out of this.
Head unit will stay (2014 FLHTKSE With 6.5 CVO UNIT) along with the btll.
Is there a bigger amp option with these speakers or should I just do bigger amp and new speakers?

Last edited by tesnevo; 10-02-2016 at 07:17 AM.
Old 10-02-2016, 08:41 AM
yooperhog
Stellar HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 161 Posts

add 6x9s in the lids?

Old 10-02-2016, 09:53 AM
tesnevo
Club Member

Originally Posted by yooperhog
add 6x9s in the lids?
I contemplated that route but really hate to lose bag space when we're on trips.

Old 10-02-2016, 09:56 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by tesnevo
So here goes phase 4 of the audio upgrades, thanks to you guys!!!
I'm wanting to go to a more powerful amp (currently arc 600.4) and 4 speakers that can handle more power. (Currently 2 focals krc165 in the tour package JL audio zr650 csi in the fairing)
I want more power and louder.
Yes it sounds great and clear now but I want more out of this.
Head unit will stay (2014 FLHTKSE With 6.5 CVO UNIT) along with the btll.
Is there a bigger amp option with these speakers or should I just do bigger amp and new speakers?
Don't need a bigger amp. The Arc 600.4 is one of the most efficient amps out there for our bikes. Just doesn't do well with the 89db JL ZR's. You need some higher sensitivity speakers in your fairing if your looking for more loudness with the 600.4. It's all about the speakers matching the amp bro!!

Old 10-02-2016, 10:07 AM
tesnevo
Club Member

Originally Posted by Gannicus
Don't need a bigger amp. The Arc 600.4 is one of the most efficient amps out there for our bikes. Just doesn't do well with the 89db JL ZR's. You need some higher sensitivity speakers in your fairing if your looking for more loudness with the 600.4. It's all about the speakers matching the amp bro!!
Should I go back to the focal krc 165 in the fairing or different?

Old 10-02-2016, 12:04 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

Higher sensitivity speakers will get you more volume from that amp but chances are you will lose low end. If you keep those JL's bridge the Arc 600.4 to then and add a small amp bridged to power your rear. The NVX mini fits well on the BT bracket and is only a 150.00 investment. Or you could do a combination of pa speakers and horns up front of the arc and some bass friendly speakers bridged off the NVX in the back. I'd start with a small second amp and see if the additional power is enough.

Old 10-02-2016, 12:53 PM
tesnevo
Club Member

Would you think this would overall sound better (relatively speaking) than just adding the focal back up front? I'm all for more power to the speakers I currently have in there

Old 10-02-2016, 06:53 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by haze324
Higher sensitivity speakers will get you more volume from that amp but chances are you will lose low end. If you keep those JL's bridge the Arc 600.4 to then and add a small amp bridged to power your rear. The NVX mini fits well on the BT bracket and is only a 150.00 investment. Or you could do a combination of pa speakers and horns up front of the arc and some bass friendly speakers bridged off the NVX in the back. I'd start with a small second amp and see if the additional power is enough.
^^^^^
That!!

As Haze said. Bridge the 600.4 to the ZR's and add the NVX for the rear. That will get you more power to the ZR's Or go with higher sensitivity speakers and horns up front. Those ZR's sound good in the lids too!! Ask me how I know.

Old 10-03-2016, 06:40 AM
tesnevo
Club Member

Originally Posted by Gannicus
^^^^^
That!!

As Haze said. Bridge the 600.4 to the ZR's and add the NVX for the rear. That will get you more power to the ZR's Or go with higher sensitivity speakers and horns up front. Those ZR's sound good in the lids too!! Ask me how I know.
lol, yea I know you love those JL's.
thats whatvi will do then. Probably mount the NVX in the trunk. Not much room left in the fairing with the huge JL crossovers, line leveled and the arc amp.
since I'm going to trunk mount the amp should I go with something a little better than the NVX? I don't mind an amp taking a little more room but not much more. I was thinking of the kenwood kac-m3004. I installed thin in a buddy's bike running a set of hertz and it's an amazing amp

Last edited by tesnevo; 10-03-2016 at 06:44 AM.
Old 10-03-2016, 08:20 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by tesnevo
lol, yea I know you love those JL's.
thats whatvi will do then. Probably mount the NVX in the trunk. Not much room left in the fairing with the huge JL crossovers, line leveled and the arc amp.
since I'm going to trunk mount the amp should I go with something a little better than the NVX? I don't mind an amp taking a little more room but not much more. I was thinking of the kenwood kac-m3004. I installed thin in a buddy's bike running a set of hertz and it's an amazing amp
Ha! This is what I know. The Kenwood is 150 watts bridged and cost $199 Bucks. and it's much larger than the NVX. The NVX is 175 watts bridged and cost $149 bucks. IMO you get more bang for the buck with the NVX but as always. it's a matter of preference. if you like the Kenwood better I'd go with it.

Quick Reply: I want a more powerful setup