Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

looking for advice

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2016, 06:49 PM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 515 Likes on 453 Posts
Default looking for advice

i want to mount speakers to my Fat Boy Lo on either a mustash bar, highway bars or some type of floor board extension. who makes good speakers at a decent budget price and which way mounted do you think would sound the best. i just don't want to screw up the look of the bike. here is what i'm working with. all advice apreciated

Attached Thumbnails looking for advice-20160508_133212.jpeg   looking for advice-20160508_133243.jpeg  
Old 09-20-2016, 05:33 AM
yooperhog
Stellar HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by Freak Show
i want to mount speakers to my Fat Boy Lo on either a mustash bar, highway bars or some type of floor board extension. who makes good speakers at a decent budget price and which way mounted do you think would sound the best. i just don't want to screw up the look of the bike. here is what i'm working with. all advice apreciated
where would you mount an amplifier? without one you will likely hear nothing at hiway speed

Old 09-20-2016, 05:41 AM
FLSTC-Dave
Road Captain
Received 379 Likes on 201 Posts

The wind sounds so much better on your nice ride man. It's just my humble opinion like many others but I don't think it could be done without detracting from the beauty of your bike. But it's your ride and you do what you want too her. I hope someone can better help you with suggestions

The following 2 users liked this post by FLSTC-Dave:
Freak Show (09-20-2016), texasbigdawg (02-19-2017)
Old 09-20-2016, 08:07 AM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by yooperhog
where would you mount an amplifier? without one you will likely hear nothing at hiway speed
was thinking of doing highway bars, mounting the speaker's on top of them, then in the middle of the bar where it hooks up to the frame, hanging a small tool bag and putting the amp and the wires in there. then putting the remote in the corner of my bars by the left riser. but i want black speakers. i have seen systems by Boss that are'nt to bad but i see mixed reviews. So maybe something by Boom audio instead. Want something that has a radio and can with bluetooth and use my mp3 player

Old 09-20-2016, 08:28 AM
yooperhog
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Freak Show
was thinking of doing highway bars, mounting the speaker's on top of them, then in the middle of the bar where it hooks up to the frame, hanging a small tool bag and putting the amp and the wires in there. then putting the remote in the corner of my bars by the left riser. but i want black speakers. i have seen systems by Boss that are'nt to bad but i see mixed reviews. So maybe something by Boom audio instead. Want something that has a radio and can with bluetooth and use my mp3 player
some amps have a bluetooth port built into them. i think you need to purchase their receiver to make it plug and play. i believe the cerwin vega amps are so equipped. i also believe gannicus(a senior guru here) posted a usb style adapter that plugs directly into amp. keep reading the threads. the more you learn the better your outcome will be

Old 09-20-2016, 09:15 AM
Zip77
Former Sponsor
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Freak. Id recommend a little of both. We are on the verge of perfecting a setup for non fairing bikes. Shoot me a msg. I will let ya know what we are working on.

Old 09-20-2016, 09:22 AM
yooperhog
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Zip77
Freak. Id recommend a little of both. We are on the verge of perfecting a setup for non fairing bikes. Shoot me a msg. I will let ya know what we are working on.
love to see what you have in the works too

Old 09-20-2016, 09:27 AM
floridapoolboy
Road Master
Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

I went down this road after I traded my Streetglide for a Heritage. I really missed my tunes, so I did a lot of research and experimentation. The best option for me was a pair of J&M MHAS speakers mounted by the handlebar grips. These were loud enough to be heard at highway speed, waterproof, and easily controlled by my thumb. After awhile I wanted more and mounted a fairing, amp and Hertz speakers, no comparison!

Old 09-20-2016, 10:03 AM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member

here is the idea i'm going for

Attached Thumbnails looking for advice-4405-0240c_boom_cans_close.jpg   looking for advice-crash-bar-speaker-5.jpg   looking for advice-s-l300.jpg  
Old 09-20-2016, 05:10 PM
Zip77
Former Sponsor
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Freak show thats pretty much what we have been working on. The key is trying to find the the best can and speaker matchup. Right now the most troublesome issue is, we are trying to do pro audio with our system and finding the right size cans for the horns. But as far as just putting in a 5.25 speaker in the cans we have that pretty much 100% down. But we are trying to find something that you can truly hear at 80mph.

Quick Reply: looking for advice