Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sony MEX100 - finding albums question

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2016, 07:13 PM
Bunker
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 494 Likes on 314 Posts
Default Sony MEX100 - finding albums question

So do I have to go through EACH album to get to where I want or is there a faster way to find what I'm looking for?

I have 200+ albums on this USB drive and it's taking forever to find stuff.

I've also noticed that it's not in alphabetical order... is there a way for me to index these alphabetically or adding a number in front of each folder if alphabetically isn't an option?

Old 09-14-2016, 07:34 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 273 Likes on 185 Posts

Use drive sort ( gogole it a windows program) to index the drive. On my Kenwood I can just keep advancing with left hand control or if I really want to advance I just use the search music. Have no clue on the Sony.

Old 09-14-2016, 08:59 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by slyedog
Use drive sort ( gogole it a windows program) to index the drive. On my Kenwood I can just keep advancing with left hand control or if I really want to advance I just use the search music. Have no clue on the Sony.
Sony doesn't have that feature. He's gonna have to go through each album. If you're going to store 200+ albums on a USB stick Bunker I would suggest you get the Kenwood. As Slye said. Hit the search function and you're right where you want to be. Kenwood 998 has more features than the Sony.

Old 09-15-2016, 06:32 AM
Bunker
Stellar HDF Member

oomph now I fond out AFTER the damn thing is installed :/

the DriveSort is just AWESOME!!! That gets me at least in order.

There is some sort of search function that I missed on the Sony, I'll test it again tonight and see.

I may just buy a bunch of 8GB flash drive with just a couple albums on each. Kind of a pita but DAMN it sounds good

Old 09-15-2016, 06:38 AM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by Bunker
oomph now I fond out AFTER the damn thing is installed :/

the DriveSort is just AWESOME!!! That gets me at least in order.

There is some sort of search function that I missed on the Sony, I'll test it again tonight and see.

I may just buy a bunch of 8GB flash drive with just a couple albums on each. Kind of a pita but DAMN it sounds good
Sure hope u didn't sell ur Boom HU!!!! I can find any damn tune possible in a nano-second, even the bagpipe remix!!!!!

Luv,
T

Old 09-15-2016, 09:46 AM
Bunker
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Tailwind
Sure hope u didn't sell ur Boom HU!!!! I can find any damn tune possible in a nano-second, even the bagpipe remix!!!!!

Luv,
T
Yup, it's gone! It's in a guys bike in Chicago now and he's enjoying it.

I had no more patients for the HD unit anymore, even if it did have a cool way to find songs.

Old 09-15-2016, 11:25 AM
FLYINGBROKE
Road Captain
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

I honestly truly miss my 6.5 being able to see it. Save 16 or whatever it was favorites on different usb drive's was super nice . dealer flash and accept button , fader along with line levelers to try and make it sound right is just not for me. Yep I know stereo comps won with it but know one wants to share how they did that and no one has heard these winning bikes at road speed.

Old 09-15-2016, 04:41 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by FLYINGBROKE
I honestly truly miss my 6.5 being able to see it. Save 16 or whatever it was favorites on different usb drive's was super nice . dealer flash and accept button , fader along with line levelers to try and make it sound right is just not for me. Yep I know stereo comps won with it but know one wants to share how they did that and no one has heard these winning bikes at road speed.
Totally just jackin with Bunker. I have been trying to keep him in the Boom HU just as a devil's advocate for a very very long time.
At the end of the day we all have our individual wants, needs, bottom lines, etc. I just place the various Boom HU functionality as a higher priority than I do just a radio w USB. Especially since it's already paid for and installed.
Considering I put 260 miles on my sled today bombing around the Mizzou Ozarks, where I have never been before, the GPS just ain't leaving my sled.

All very much an individual decision.

T.

Old 09-18-2016, 07:20 PM
Bunker
Stellar HDF Member

well thanks to Ericl who introduced me to the SongPal feature and app, I'm a happy camper

Video soon I promise, was in New Orleans all weekend so need some time to recover