Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Grills for generic lower speaker pods?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2016, 09:11 AM
troop
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 49 Likes on 44 Posts
Default Grills for generic lower speaker pods?

Inquiring as to what type of grills some might be using and fit inside generic (Mutazu) lower fairing speaker pods? The CVO grills are a bit pricey. The ones I bought are a 2 piece design and the outer mounting ring is a bit too big in diameter to fit into the circular recess. Thx for any input

Last edited by troop; 09-14-2016 at 09:32 AM.
Old 09-14-2016, 11:08 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by troop
Inquiring as to what type of grills some might be using and fit inside generic (Mutazu) lower fairing speaker pods? The CVO grills are a bit pricey. The ones I bought are a 2 piece design and the outer mounting ring is a bit too big in diameter to fit into the circular recess. Thx for any input
Not what you want to hear my friend but I think you would be money ahead to go ahead and spring for the CVO grills. They are very well made and durable. Fit like a glove in the lowers and you only have to buy them once. No worries about the grills falling off while riding and last but not least they look good on our bikes!! They are a little expensive but I think they are worth the price.

The following users liked this post:
troop (09-14-2016)
Old 09-14-2016, 12:07 PM
yooperhog
Stellar HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by Gannicus
Not what you want to hear my friend but I think you would be money ahead to go ahead and spring for the CVO grills. They are very well made and durable. Fit like a glove in the lowers and you only have to buy them once. No worries about the grills falling off while riding and last but not least they look good on our bikes!! They are a little expensive but I think they are worth the price.
agree. i bit the bullet for the gf lowers and they look sleek, smooth and fit perfect

Old 09-14-2016, 12:58 PM
troop
Outstanding HDF Member

K... thx. Are they $30/each or pair? I do have a buddy at Best Buy scrounging around to see if he has any laying around that might work. Just might have to go the CVO route....

Old 09-14-2016, 01:09 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by troop
K... thx. Are they $30/each or pair? I do have a buddy at Best Buy scrounging around to see if he has any laying around that might work. Just might have to go the CVO route....
Here are the HD part numbers from Boardtracker HD.

CVO Grills (2) 76000065 $62.00
CVO Grill Screws (8) 10200012 $8.40

These CVO grills are also paintable.

Fatherwayne (09-22-2016)
Old 09-14-2016, 01:15 PM
troop
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Bertk
Here are the HD part numbers from Boardtracker HD.

CVO Grills (2) 76000065 $62.00
CVO Grill Screws (8) 10200012 $8.40

These CVO grills are also paintable.
Thanks...

Old 09-14-2016, 10:28 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

I'm gonna take the frugal low ball strategy here and recommend that u stop by an audio install shop and see if they have any throw away grills and plastic mounts as many of the speaks they install in cars are behind factory panels thus this shix becomes garbage for the installers. Put 3 or 4 small dabs of clear caulk adhesive in the grill channel when installing the grill and that SOB ain't coming off unless u want it to. 3 bucks for the caulk and done as my local guys give me the grills for free. Have a shix ton of grills just laying around, again for free!!!!

Frugal T.

ultra_classic (09-18-2016)
Old 09-15-2016, 07:00 AM
troop
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Tailwind
I'm gonna take the frugal low ball strategy here and recommend that u stop by an audio install shop and see if they have any throw away grills and plastic mounts as many of the speaks they install in cars are behind factory panels thus this shix becomes garbage for the installers. Put 3 or 4 small dabs of clear caulk adhesive in the grill channel when installing the grill and that SOB ain't coming off unless u want it to. 3 bucks for the caulk and done as my local guys give me the grills for free. Have a shix ton of grills just laying around, again for free!!!!

Frugal T.
I have a buddy that is a audio installer at a local Best Buy. He advised to bring a pod/speaker over and we can go thru his take off stash. I will try that first.

Old 09-20-2016, 07:51 AM
troop
Outstanding HDF Member

Gonna try the cheap route on this attempt. $5/mailed from China and some clear silicone caulk. We shall see ....

Attached Thumbnails Grills for generic lower speaker pods?-s-l1600-6-.jpg   Grills for generic lower speaker pods?-s-l1600-7-.jpg  
Old 09-20-2016, 12:11 PM
Makdaddy
Road Master
Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

Troop The best non CVO grill will be one with no outer ring, Ask if the mesh comes apart
It will be all mesh and fit over the speaker like a glove. it may require a little trimming to sit flush, then Like TW said a little dab of clear silicone, and you are good

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151806034417...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-PAIR-OF-...kAAOSwU9xUUalY

These look like the finished product
And these are still cheaper then the CVO Grills
Just another option if you didnt want to trip and Silicone.
http://www.vtwinaudio.com/store/prod...ker-adapter-2/

Last edited by Makdaddy; 09-20-2016 at 12:16 PM.

Quick Reply: Grills for generic lower speaker pods?