Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boom stage 1 amp dealer flash question

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2016 | 07:16 PM
Glidedog8
|
Intermediate
Default Boom stage 1 amp dealer flash question

So before the flameing starts, I got the boom amp & Stage 1 speakers as a gift from the wife, so its going on the bike (for now). But in reading about others that have installed it themselves, they say it worked fine, and sounded good, untill they got the dealer flash. And I read where John from J&m says on aftermarket amps to set the flash to amp 0, and either 2 or 4 speakers. I'm only doing fairing speakers, so if I don't get the dealer flash to tell the HU about the amp am i going to mess up the amp, or blow the speakers sooner.

Old 09-13-2016 | 07:23 PM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor

I may be wrong, but I seem to recall someone saying you had to have the flash BEFORE installing the amp or the high level output would toast it. There was something about removing the fuse to the head unit or something.

Hopefully someone will chime in with the scoop.

__________________________________________________ ____
For ROCKOUT information & purchasing please click the LINKS below...

Also on amazon.com...
Imitated, never equaled... ROCKOUTS!

Old 09-13-2016 | 07:23 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member

Make, model & year?

T

Old 09-13-2016 | 07:38 PM
Glidedog8
|
Intermediate

2015 Road glide

Old 09-13-2016 | 07:39 PM
Glidedog8
|
Intermediate

Correction Road glide special

Old 09-13-2016 | 09:26 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member

I have not installed a Boom amp but a true flash should not be required as ur sled should already be at a zero amp benchmark.
Now there may be some type of sync that is required but first and foremost I would wait for someone that has already gotten the HD Amp t-shirt, of reach out to a trusted HD Tech that can give u the scoop.
Did the installation instructions provide any guidance whatsoever about Dealer programming?

Man, sorry I can't help but as u are aware, this Rushmore shix is a bit of a Rubics Cube at times.

T

Old 09-13-2016 | 10:00 PM
grumble
Tourer

I just had my bike ('16 RGS) flashed from stock (0 amps, 2 speakers) to change EQ curves in preparation for a new stereo install (1 amp, 2 speakers). I have not yet installed my gear (Rockford Fosgate TM400X4ad kit for Rushmore) but I can validate 2 things: a) the EQ curve is most definitely flattened and b) the output voltage of the HU is reduced and it is now pretty much a clean signal all the way to max output without AVC. I'd get it flashed beforehand to avoid overdriving the amp input on the Boom system.

Boom system should sound fine once properly configured and installed. Good luck!

Old 09-13-2016 | 10:06 PM
grumble
Tourer

Also, if you are installing Boom, you DEFINITELY want your system flashed to "1 amp, 2 speakers". There is conflicting information out there, but just do it the way it is supposed to be done. Service tech should know exactly how to flash it for you.

Old 09-13-2016 | 10:25 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by grumble
Also, if you are installing Boom, you DEFINITELY want your system flashed to "1 amp, 2 speakers". There is conflicting information out there, but just do it the way it is supposed to be done. Service tech should know exactly how to flash it for you.
Just to be clear when u mention to "do it the way it is supposed to be done" are u referring to the FG amp you are installing or the Boom amp the OP is installing?

T

Old 09-13-2016 | 10:40 PM
grumble
Tourer

Originally Posted by Tailwind
Just to be clear when u mention to "do it the way it is supposed to be done" are u referring to the FG amp you are installing or the Boom amp the OP is installing?

T
Boom amp. When going third party there are many ways to skin a cat. Digital technician should be used to flash the head unit to tell it that it had 1 amp and 2 speakers for his setup.

Quick Reply: Boom stage 1 amp dealer flash question