Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boom stage 1 amp dealer flash question

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2016 | 10:44 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by grumble
Boom amp. When going third party there are many ways to skin a cat. Digital technician should be used to flash the head unit to tell it that it had 1 amp and 2 speakers for his setup.
Very different than all of the after market amp strategies, as expected. RF being 0 amps and 8 speakers while BT and JM running with the 0 amp and 4 speakers. Crazy shix!!!!

T.

Old 09-14-2016 | 10:40 AM
grumble
Tourer

Originally Posted by Tailwind
Very different than all of the after market amp strategies, as expected. RF being 0 amps and 8 speakers while BT and JM running with the 0 amp and 4 speakers. Crazy shix!!!!

The "0 amps 8 speakers" was a setting in a much older version of Digital Technician. RF now recommends that if you don't want to use line levelers, just flash to the proper number of amps and speakers you are installing. This adjusts output level and flattens the EQ curve. If you are using line levelers, you'd set it to 0 amps because it keeps the whacked out EQ curve/levels and the line levelers take care of that.

Old 09-14-2016 | 10:14 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member

The "0 amps 8 speakers" was a setting in a much older version of Digital Technician. RF now recommends that if you don't want to use line levelers, just flash to the proper number of amps and speakers you are installing. This adjusts output level and flattens the EQ curve. If you are using line levelers, you'd set it to 0 amps because it keeps the whacked out EQ curve/levels and the line levelers take care of that.
Good info!!! Never got the memo as I'm on one of those "much older" 2014s u speak of.
Shix, everything about me is getting old!!!! Lol!

Thanks for the info!!! If you happen to have the publication regarding this recent RF flash strategy, do u mind posting it under a separate thread title so folks can head down the proper road when not using the BT355 Line Leveler?

T.

Old 09-14-2016 | 10:25 PM
grumble
Tourer

Originally Posted by Tailwind
Good info!!! Never got the memo as I'm on one of those "much older" 2014s u speak of.
Shix, everything about me is getting old!!!! Lol!

Thanks for the info!!! If you happen to have the publication regarding this recent RF flash strategy, do u mind posting it under a separate thread title so folks can head down the proper road when not using the BT355 Line Leveler?

T.
Wasn't implying your bike is old - ha! Was referring to older versions of digital technician which is the software the dealer uses to flash your entertainment system. Earlier versions had different methods (or more likely the proper methodology wasn't understood). The document can be found on the Rockford Fosgate website under knowledgebase - and do a search for "Harley". It's copyrighted but since Rockford Fosgate is a sponsor, maybe they could post it up?

Old 09-14-2016 | 10:30 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member

Very cool!!! I will check it out! Thanks for sharing your wisdom Brotha!!!!

T

Old 10-18-2016 | 09:54 PM
Fatherwayne
Road Captain

T... Are we accepting this as fact against everything Biketronics says? No offense to the poster but this goes against everything we know to be true up until now. Flattens out the curve? Really? If this was now the case wouldn't it be all over the forum by now?

Last edited by Fatherwayne; 10-18-2016 at 09:56 PM.
Old 10-18-2016 | 11:27 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Fatherwayne
T... Are we accepting this as fact against everything Biketronics says? No offense to the poster but this goes against everything we know to be true up until now. Flattens out the curve? Really? If this was now the case wouldn't it be all over the forum by now?
As far as you, me and Joe the Plumber is concerned the "best" way for us to accomplish the mission is to go with the BT LL. At a point in time in the not to distant past the local MOCO Techs were willing to flash several different variations to match up with the various aftermarket manufacturer strategies. Recently the MOCO has put the kibosh on many of those flashes that were once available.
Now there r plenty of folks that are running without the LLs, but what are they doing to get the best sound possible? The competition folks are absolutely running DSP. J&M is running DSP technology but the programming is proprietary to JM John. The Fix has entered the picture as well. What about the folks on a Rushmore w aftermarket tunes that have no idea what a LL or DSP is? Substandard sound?

For me LL is simply the best course of action for me and many others, for several reasons, up to the point where an aftermarket waterproof big screen HU w full functionality enters the picture.

My ears like the result that the LLs produce. Simple, inexpensive, plug and play, compact, and they work pretty damn good all things considered.

T.

Old 10-19-2016 | 10:52 AM
Bunker
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Army

Originally Posted by Fatherwayne
I've done all the flashes and I've used the Line Levelers, the BT Line Levelers are your best bet if you want all the function and great sound and don't want to spend the money on a DSP.

The 2 amp 8 speaker flash is THE best flash that you can get now and also provides the flattest EQ curve without the use of a DSP. You WILL loose all fade and tone control though.