Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What would you try next

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2016, 02:15 PM
FLYINGBROKE
Road Captain
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
Default What would you try next

Current setup is all Biketronics, cause liked the idea of life time warranty and water prof 4180 7.1 , 6.5 , 6x9 Pioneer Deh x9600BHS .
System sounds good but want more.. more everything clarity , mid bass.

Thinking different lowers or try another head unit, have tried alpine bt149 maybe should have done the Sony, Alpine was just to finicky on setup never could get it to play rock and country equally well, think my tuning skills suck.

Other thought is second amp so don't have to run fronts in parallel.

give me some ideas Please

Old 09-07-2016, 05:21 PM
FLYINGBROKE
Road Captain

Really no input ....

Old 09-07-2016, 05:40 PM
09baggerdude
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by FLYINGBROKE
Really no input ....
I have all kinds...
I would dump the BT speaks. I had the 7.1pros. I couldnt get them to sound like i wanted. Tried to build my setup around them...ended up letting them go. Several guys are digging the hertz and focals. At this point, its all about how much you want to spend...unicorn hunting can get expensive. And sound is subjective so whats good for someone else might not fit your ears....
Try to find other bikes to hear. Might save you some $$$

Old 09-07-2016, 07:20 PM
sponger
Road Master
Received 78 Likes on 71 Posts

If u just read all the threads on the 1st page, u will see what pretty much everyone is running. Your answers are there.

Old 09-08-2016, 10:14 AM
FLYINGBROKE
Road Captain

Well sponger if you read what I have then you would know that last time I spent a lot of time reading and apparently I still want more ,

Was hoping for more feed back like o9 gave , someone that that has what I have now and went different way and found out that it was one component or an other that really made a Big difference in sound quality. Yes I know sound is very subjective.

Old 09-08-2016, 10:40 AM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

FB,
I'm thinking that the 4180 is a trusted friend. I like that am a lot. Simple and good damn power.

Warm up the fairing a bit with components. I like the Hertz MLK but not real cheap. Plenty of other good component speakers for most budgets.
Best bang for the buck 6x9 is the Pioneer Pro TS6900. $127 on Amazon. Run very well off the 4180.
Lowers, get creative here and go with a damn noise maker since that is hanging out in the elements. If u have liquid cooled or need low profile the Hertz EV F165 is starting to get some popularity for about $150. If u have the room the Hertz SV 165 is also going to make some great noise.
As for the amp situation, leave the 4180 on the tray and set a NVX MVP4 right next to it on the same tray. Hook the lids and fairing to the 4180, and lowers to the NVX. U can shift the sources around depending on your speaker selection but I think those 2 amps will do well for u while not encroaching on bag space for the various other damn good amps that are available. My bag space is sacred, thus the reason I like this strategy.
Of course a new HU can always bring good results but I am currently locked in to the Boom 6.5 patiently awaiting a replacement, thus cannot speak to the HU topic.

T.

Last edited by Tailwind; 09-08-2016 at 10:43 AM.
Old 09-08-2016, 11:13 AM
matt76cmich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 135 Likes on 126 Posts

What will be your desired end goal, aside from more clarity and mid bass? More speakers? Inside bags, lids, crazy speaker tour pak?

One of the things that could be in my future could be something inside the bags. Waiting to get my "next" up and running before i do anything else here.

In the last couple weeks i have changed up my fairing, tour pak, and lid speakers and waiting on my newer fairing speakers to show up.

Current "next" will be Hertz MLK components in the fairing off a Diamond 2v2 (gonna start out with my TM400x2 first unless i find the time to switch it out before my ride on tuesday) Focal EC165K and the Pioneer 6900 off a Hertz HDP4.

I feel like i am right there where i wanna be, but if i decide i need more mid bass, thats where something inside the bag will come from on the other Diamond amp i have.

Last edited by matt76cmich; 09-08-2016 at 11:18 AM.
Old 09-08-2016, 11:27 AM
FLYINGBROKE
Road Captain

Thank you tailwind ,

Beginning to think I either have to settle with what I have or totally dump the BT speakers altogether which is not good news.

Can those ts6900 really be better sounding than BT 6x9 if so ill try that first cause I don't like the idea of mixing my fronts since those are ran in parallel

Old 09-08-2016, 11:37 AM
FLYINGBROKE
Road Captain

matt already have lowers and lids end goal is for more full sound at ridding speeds , don't give crap about parking lot and not a sit at stop light blast tunes guy I usually have system on mute in those areas. I live in small town and ride back roads freeway 5 to 85.

My system is loud and sounds good but think could be made better without totally starting over just looking to improve what I got

Old 09-08-2016, 11:43 AM
BaddAzzBikes
Former Sponsor
Received 55 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by FLYINGBROKE
Thank you tailwind ,

Beginning to think I either have to settle with what I have or totally dump the BT speakers altogether which is not good news.

Can those ts6900 really be better sounding than BT 6x9 if so ill try that first cause I don't like the idea of mixing my fronts since those are ran in parallel
My personal opinion is that the Bt amp is good clean power but no real adjustability. I prefer an amp that has clean power that I can adjust and control myself. As far as 6x9s go the pioneer are not bad at all but I absolutely love my MPX 690s. However this is where the budget comes in because they are not cheap lol. I personally have never really enjoyed the sound out of the BT speaks but that's just my opinion because they are good speaks. I am a die hard advocate of HERTZ, you will spend some extra dough but its usually a do it once and be done kind of thing in my experience with Hertz products. Just my 2 cents

Quick Reply: What would you try next