Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sound deadner

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2016, 10:28 PM
Buelligan666
Stellar HDF Member
Received 929 Likes on 476 Posts

Damplifier is .35 lbs per sqft
Pro is .6 lbs per sqft

Old 09-08-2016, 10:46 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by Springerfan
The damplifier pro showed up today but this stuff is pretty thin and not what I expected. It is heavy and very stiff so installing it is going to be a bitch. Not sure how to tell if it is really the pro stuff. It is one sq ft sheets black and embossed with the second skin logo. Ten sheets weighs about 5 lbs. Hoping there is enough to do the bags as well but I doubt it.
This is the Second Skin (non pro) I purchased. And yes it is stiff. Cutting it into sections helps reduce wrinkles.

Attached Thumbnails Sound deadner-second-skin-damplifier-installed.jpg  
Old 09-09-2016, 05:44 AM
billablehours
Tourer
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Do you find it makes any difference in sound or just vibration dampening?

Old 09-09-2016, 06:57 AM
09baggerdude
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by billablehours
I think it made a difference in sound, but it could just be my head pissing with me. I had some left over from when i did my truck, so i used it. If nothing else, i feel better that i did it. Lol

On another note. Fellas, yall are spending too much time overthinking this! Pro, standard? You will NEVER tell the difference riding down the road. Buy some and put it on. Done!

Last edited by 09baggerdude; 09-09-2016 at 07:02 AM.
Old 09-09-2016, 07:21 AM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by billablehours
Yes. It made a big difference in the reduction of vibrations of the outer fairing and an increase of low frequency.

Old 09-09-2016, 09:11 AM
Springerfan
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

On another note. Fellas, yall are spending too much time overthinking this! Pro, standard? You will NEVER tell the difference riding down the road. Buy some and put it on. Done![/QUOTE]

Baggerdude, while it may appear to you that I am over thinking the sound deadner, it is new to me and I don't want to put time, money and energy in the wrong places. I have made a couple of costly mistakes by not asking the right questions in the past so I've learned to be a bit more cautious. I have learned a lot by reading through the rookie questions that others have asked and hope that my dumb questions might help somebody else. That is the beauty of this forum.

Old 09-09-2016, 11:01 AM
MoparBob
Cruiser

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

If you have a heat gun, gently warm up the piece you are going to apply to make it easier to mold and get a good bond.

Old 09-09-2016, 12:24 PM
Springerfan
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by MoparBob
If you have a heat gun, gently warm up the piece you are going to apply to make it easier to mold and get a good bond.
I do and that sounds like a great idea. Thanks

Old 09-09-2016, 05:22 PM
09baggerdude
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Springerfan
On another note. Fellas, yall are spending too much time overthinking this! Pro, standard? You will NEVER tell the difference riding down the road. Buy some and put it on. Done!
Baggerdude, while it may appear to you that I am over thinking the sound deadner, it is new to me and I don't want to put time, money and energy in the wrong places. I have made a couple of costly mistakes by not asking the right questions in the past so I've learned to be a bit more cautious. I have learned a lot by reading through the rookie questions that others have asked and hope that my dumb questions might help somebody else. That is the beauty of this forum.[/QUOTE]

Not dumb questions bro. No disrespect intended. But this stuff is just basically tar and foil...lol. You are right, that is the beauty of this forum. Just trying to make the decision easier for ya, thats all.

Old 09-09-2016, 07:59 PM
Springerfan
Road Warrior

BD, none taken. I have actually had a good time putting my latest upgrade together and this forum and those that are willing to share their knowledge has helped a ton.

Quick Reply: Sound deadner