Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015 Limited - want a little better sound

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2016, 12:01 PM
mcouture
Road Master
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
Default 2015 Limited - want a little better sound

I'm a techie and know enough to be dangerous when it comes to all things audio. I listen to Apple Music steaming service or my collection of about 10,000 songs which are on my iPhone via Apple's Music Match service.... I may stop Apple's Music Match and just get a 64GB USB stick and have my collection on it...saving the $25/year.... So basically music streaming, radio, or MP3s (320Kbps) is what I listen to. All hard rock and metal as genre...

I want my 2015 Limited to have a little more punch to its audio. I'm not looking to spend a bunch of money so that is going to limit things I know.

I want to get more defined highs/mids/lows and to better hear at speed as well.

If I had my way, I'd go all out and have a couple grand in the system, but that's not where I'm at currently.

I generally don't listen to music much while riding(about 3-4 hours total on my last cross-country trip) but when I do I'd like a bit more than the stock BOOM does now....

If I had just $500 to spend would the BOOM STAGE I speakers do anything for me? and from there, would it be just adding amps?

Advice?

Old 08-31-2016, 01:18 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by mcouture
I'm a techie and know enough to be dangerous when it comes to all things audio. I listen to Apple Music steaming service or my collection of about 10,000 songs which are on my iPhone via Apple's Music Match service.... I may stop Apple's Music Match and just get a 64GB USB stick and have my collection on it...saving the $25/year.... So basically music streaming, radio, or MP3s (320Kbps) is what I listen to. All hard rock and metal as genre...

I want my 2015 Limited to have a little more punch to its audio. I'm not looking to spend a bunch of money so that is going to limit things I know.

I want to get more defined highs/mids/lows and to better hear at speed as well.

If I had my way, I'd go all out and have a couple grand in the system, but that's not where I'm at currently.

I generally don't listen to music much while riding(about 3-4 hours total on my last cross-country trip) but when I do I'd like a bit more than the stock BOOM does now....

If I had just $500 to spend would the BOOM STAGE I speakers do anything for me? and from there, would it be just adding amps?

Advice?
Just need a nice set of speakers and an amp. There are a few vendors on here that can hook you up for $500 bones.

Old 08-31-2016, 06:37 PM
mcouture
Road Master
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

That sounds great. Time to start my research!

Old 08-31-2016, 07:03 PM
Babyboy
Stellar HDF Member
Received 469 Likes on 394 Posts

Originally Posted by Gannicus
Just need a nice set of speakers and an amp. There are a few vendors on here that can hook you up for $500 bones.
Don't forget the breakout harness unless you are willing to cut the speaker harness.
Also you will need to get the Biketronics bt355 or you can use high level inputs

Old 08-31-2016, 09:39 PM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor
Received 1,637 Likes on 1,181 Posts

I got very nice sound from a Cerwin-Vega B52 amp & Infinity Kappa speakers... not a lot of $$.

__________________________________________________ ____
For ROCKOUT information & purchasing please click the LINKS below...

Also on amazon.com...
Imitated, never equaled... ROCKOUTS!