Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me build a "Amazon" system for my bike

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2016, 02:49 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,239 Likes on 1,002 Posts

Originally Posted by Tailwind
What would the $700 "best system for your dollar" be outside of Amazon? The curiosity is killing us!!! T.
I'm with you T. I'd much rather see things out in the open. Who knows what a novice could be talked into over the phone.
I'm not certain of the rules here but I'm not liking this particular way of droning up business in nearly every thread.

Last edited by SBates08; 08-19-2016 at 02:51 PM.
Old 08-19-2016, 03:04 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by SBates08
I'm with you T. I'd much rather see things out in the open. Who knows what a novice could be talked into over the phone.
I'm not certain of the rules here but I'm not liking this particular way of droning up business in nearly every thread.
Totally agree! If the system is stated openly chances are someone here has installed it and can give objective feed back on said system. Namely all of us crazy guys who install speakers and amps every chance we get. Any system I throw out there has been road tested and verified and I have no reservations about telling these guys the results. Good or bad.

Old 08-19-2016, 04:10 PM
Zip77
Former Sponsor
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

HAHAHA Whoah calm down boys. Im just trying to help him out. As you all know it will depend on how many speakers, music he likes, type of riding he does. If he would consider Pro audio. Thats what I mean by walking him through it. LOL Im not trying to hide anything or talk someone into anything.

Old 08-19-2016, 04:20 PM
wils5150
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

this is my one gripe with the audio forums here and on facebook. somebody asks about a product and its always pm for pricing. Now I say this with no knowledge of forum rules on this or rules distrubutors have on posting prices. I will say every shop owner has been awesome with info and all are very willing to help out.

Old 08-19-2016, 04:31 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by wils5150
this is my one gripe with the audio forums here and on facebook. somebody asks about a product and its always pm for pricing. Now I say this with no knowledge of forum rules on this or rules distrubutors have on posting prices. I will say every shop owner has been awesome with info and all are very willing to help out.
The thing with pricing is that manufactures often set a sales prices and vendors aren't authorized to sell lower, but they do. Some manufactures won't even warranty their products unless it's installed by an authorized dealer who has been trained on how to properly install...this keeps their warranty claims down, and some manufacturers don't allow online sales at all and will only allow a dealer to ship if the customer does not have a local dealer in the area.

That's how it's "supposed" to work. How you circumvent that is by saying PM me and not openly posting. Nature of hunting down a deal.

I guess here, we enjoy audio discussions regardless if it's average joe or a vendor so we want to hear the recommendations and "discuss".

The following users liked this post:
wils5150 (08-20-2016)
Old 08-19-2016, 04:50 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 273 Likes on 185 Posts

Amazon has a lot of unauthorized sales of products. No big deal till warranty time. You buy Hertz off Amazon I wouldn't expect a warranty. That aside whatever woofers etc IS Authorized to sell is available on there. Problem lately is advise from 20 people with common ground hardly there, a uninformed consumer, and after all 20 recommendations they keep asking more and more. Some days even with best intentions a person gets more confused than intended. So if a decent setup is suggested, unless a BIG reason to not run it, we as a group must stop after the first 2-3 good suggestions tops. We all have our favorites and personal choices.

Old 08-19-2016, 04:51 PM
Outkast6991
Road Master
Received 103 Likes on 93 Posts

Just thought i would let everyone know i went with Gann's recommendation earlier in the thread. will the amp mount on top of the head unit with velcro like it did on my 2012? also should i mod the pods at all ? im going to order the ll from bt as well

Old 08-19-2016, 04:54 PM
Zip77
Former Sponsor
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Totally agree with Slye. From now on I will put my recommendations out in the open for everyone to see. If its out there already just agree. That way it doesn't confuse anyone. Not trying to hurt or confuse anyone. Just trying to help.

Old 08-19-2016, 04:54 PM
BaddAzzBikes
Former Sponsor
Received 55 Likes on 54 Posts

Haze its not so much of the trying to talk someone in or out of something in my opinion. Yes you are correct that we are not allowed to openly post prices other than full retail. Say for instance if I am running a sale which I will be shortly for forum members I cant post the price because its not retail. I am not breaking any rules of pricing agreement but I still cant do it because of one reason.
While I may be able to afford running a sale other vendors that sell the same product may not be able to. so if they go complain the manufacture has to cater to all its vendors so I get in trouble. Hence the rule of no prices.

That being said yes some vendors do use the PM as a way of under cutting others. It is as you said a nature of the beast. I have no problem discussing the ups and downs of any particular product if I have knowledge of it as I think yall are starting to see. However I will not post prices either because I am not fielding the call from my distributor yelling at me lol.

Also while I see there is a lot of knowledge offer freely on here it is sometimes easier as I am sure you can agree to offer advice(not sell anything) to a person with out other distractions.

That's just my 2 cents

The following users liked this post:
Zip77 (08-19-2016)
Old 08-19-2016, 05:00 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

^ I hear ya man. I understand how it works....just explaining it for group.

The flip side to sales is the "audio enthusiast" here (me) who really just enjoy chatting audio! With whoever

(No need to mention prices)

Last edited by haze324; 08-19-2016 at 05:06 PM.

Quick Reply: Help me build a "Amazon" system for my bike