Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Charlotte Area-Looking For Reputable Place To Do a Speaker/Amp Install

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2016, 08:57 PM
vince321
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Charlotte Area-Looking For Reputable Place To Do a Speaker/Amp Install

Hello All,

I've been searching and not having much luck trying to find information on a reputable place in the Charlotte area that can do a speaker and amp install on my 2016 Road Glide. I'm thinking Soundz Customz or Arc MPAK 12 two speaker setup with Amp, but don't want to do the install myself. Would like to find someone that has done these before and can reliably do an install for me.

I'm OK with driving a few hours if necessary too.

Any help is much appreciated.

Old 08-08-2016, 09:04 PM
JimTJr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 52 Posts

I did my own, they're not that hard,, and there is tons of help on this forum,,, just sayin... I live in Goldsboro, around 3 hr from you....

Old 08-08-2016, 09:36 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by vince321
Hello All,

I've been searching and not having much luck trying to find information on a reputable place in the Charlotte area that can do a speaker and amp install on my 2016 Road Glide. I'm thinking Soundz Customz or Arc MPAK 12 two speaker setup with Amp, but don't want to do the install myself. Would like to find someone that has done these before and can reliably do an install for me.

I'm OK with driving a few hours if necessary too.

Any help is much appreciated.
Here's another kit to consider. This Biketronics plug & play kit comes with everything you need to do the install. With the 10% forum discount the kit is well under $700. The kit has a lifetime warranty and BT has excellent support. If you have the tools and ability to pull the outer fairing and gas tank off you can do it. There are a plenty of folks here that can walk you through it. We do it all the time.

The following users liked this post:
duglaura&flhti (08-09-2016)
Old 08-08-2016, 11:25 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Do the install yourself. We will all make sure u get the absolute best possible results.

Also agree that the BT amps and associated install kits are damn good products.

T.

Old 08-09-2016, 05:23 AM
vince321
Novice

Thanks for the input, but I would prefer not to do the install myself, unless a professional install is big bucks. I just don't want to take the time to screw around with an install for a couple weekends and the whole idea of chasing around potential software, or other install problems to get the sound quality I want seems daunting.

Possibly I can drive to Bike Week in Daytona and have an install done there. Just thought it would be easier to find a local?

Old 08-09-2016, 06:23 AM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

It's really only about a six pack to install a two speaker set up. The BT system really is an amazing simple install!!!

Get the BT amp kit, do the install yourself and take the big bucks u would pay a shop to do the install and buy some really killer speaks!!!!!

We will make sure it's a damn rewarding experience!!!

If not, we will still be here a few months after ur install when u need to fix the shix that some random hack did to ur sled audio.

Just sayin!!!

T.

Old 08-09-2016, 07:15 AM
duglaura&flhti
Road Warrior

Received 99 Likes on 94 Posts

These guys are right, you can save money by installing yourself.....it's literally plug and play, other than routing the power/neg leads, removing the stock radio HU is the hardest part....Those four small HU screws are a Bitch....There's a member in you area that should chime in....Allen-acchd member handle, maybe, helped me with a radio part. Good luck. Hell, just a radio/speakers install....six pack time....Done. Good luck. PM Allen for help, nice guy to deal with.

Last edited by duglaura&flhti; 08-09-2016 at 07:24 AM.
Old 08-09-2016, 09:20 AM
Moto Mike
Road Warrior
Received 122 Likes on 116 Posts

Hey Vince, if you don't want to do your own install there is a very good Harley audio install place in Taylor SC. called Garage Bagger Stereo which is about 90 miles from Charlotte! Chris Lowe is the owner and is well known in the Harley Stereo circles! I don't know what they would charge but they are a top notch, well known audio shop!

The following users liked this post:
duglaura&flhti (08-09-2016)
Old 08-09-2016, 01:59 PM
vince321
Novice

Thanks Mike. That's the info I'm looking for. I travel so much and am not someone that enjoys tinkering, so feel that having someone else do it would be easier. When I start playing around with this type of stuff it ultimately takes me more days than I really want to give up, especially because I travel so damn much. Crossovers, setting gains, flash or line leveler, wire crimpers, running additional wire for ground. Yikes. I could do it, but doesn't sound like much fun. Of course, price for install could change my mind. I'll call Chris and see.

Old 08-09-2016, 03:52 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by vince321
Thanks Mike. That's the info I'm looking for. I travel so much and am not someone that enjoys tinkering, so feel that having someone else do it would be easier. When I start playing around with this type of stuff it ultimately takes me more days than I really want to give up, especially because I travel so damn much. Crossovers, setting gains, flash or line leveler, wire crimpers, running additional wire for ground. Yikes. I could do it, but doesn't sound like much fun. Of course, price for install could change my mind. I'll call Chris and see.
Mike's is steering you in the right direction.

I just wanted to point out that the BT amp has no adjustments for Gains or Crossovers. Using the BT Line Levelers allows you to keep the stock flash. There are Gain & HPF settings on the Line Levelers which for the most part should be left at default. This is one of the reasons I suggested this kit.

Give Chris a call and let us know what he has to say.

Quick Reply: Charlotte Area-Looking For Reputable Place To Do a Speaker/Amp Install