Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer flash adventures (BT and/or RF reps please see)

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2016 | 01:03 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by FREAKUMCNJ
So my buddy has a 14 Ultra and replaced his boom system with a ss pn1000d with 2 LLs and fronts and rears. He went and had system reflashed back to stock (so they said it is) he had no bass and treble and fader but they all showed up on HU but didn't work when adjusted on the screen. After stock flash and a system wake up he regained some bass and treble but lost the fader completely (its not even on the screen anymore)
anyone have any ideas why??? I would image they flashed him to stock 0 amp 2 speakers but not sure.. The other thing was he didn't have the rears installed at time of flash because lids still in paint but we tried hooking them up like a bench test and got no sound at all.
So should he wait to have everything installed to reflash again?
or remover everything and put it back to stock and then have them reflash?
kind of at a loss here.
I'm thinking someone at the MOCO shop really has their head up their **** because on the 14 ultra, that is the stock flash that the rest of us should be getting.
Example.
"Hello MOCO, I would like my sled flashed to mirror the stock ultra flash please." "Yes that is correct sir, Zero amps and 4 speakers. 2 upper fairing and 2 rear pods."

Not sure why they even touched his sled. Should have turned him away. They need to get it back to ultra stock flash and refund his cash!!!!!

No need to pull anything out. If anything get it to end state with all speaks and amp in place and do the flash back to stock then.

T

Last edited by Tailwind; 08-19-2016 at 01:05 PM.
Old 08-20-2016 | 10:51 AM
FREAKUMCNJ
Advanced

Tailwind they said they flashed it to put the boom system in initially But the good news is they also said they won't charge him again it try another flash.
Thanks for the advice I will pass it on and hopefully once he gets his lids in and reflashed it will work.

Old 08-22-2016 | 12:39 PM
Ragz Ultra
|
Cruiser

so for those interested my tone control issues were due to a harness with an incorrect phase on the front channel. a few chats with Mike at BT and I'm all good to go. New harness and LL are in and bike sounds really good now. Now I just need to get in to the dealership to flashback to 0 amp and 4 speakers.

I still need to decide on what to replace in my fairing but so far the Pioneer speakers in my tp sound pretty good. Since ll the experimenting I may end up adding lowers as well now.