Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer flash adventures (BT and/or RF reps please see)

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2016 | 02:19 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Ragz Ultra
No gain or filter settings on a 4180 amp
Bro, go back and read my post. LL = BT355 Line Leveler.

T.

Old 08-07-2016 | 03:46 PM
Ragz Ultra
|
Cruiser

Sorry T misread your post.
So upping the gains helps but I think I need to go back and have them flash to stock or the RF setup. The Soundz doesn't seem good to me. I'll have to tweak the gains on the ll again.

Such a fickle system!

Last edited by Ragz Ultra; 08-07-2016 at 03:54 PM.
Old 08-07-2016 | 03:57 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member

Sorry To misread your post.
So upping the gains helps but I think I need to go back and have them flash to stock or the RF setup. The Soundz doesn't seem good to me. I'll have to tweak the gains on the ll again.

Such a fickle system!
Unless u r willing to go all in and eliminate the LLs u really should not jack w flashes other than the stock ultra flash.

Considering u have the Bt4180 with not external dials, this flash work around is simply a dry well.

Great ur thinking outside the box but just nothing here bro with the elements in play.

T.

Old 08-07-2016 | 03:59 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member
Veteran: Army

Sorry T misread your post.

Such a fickle system!
Dude. The flashes other than stock require u to remove the LL's and use standard line out converters.

Old 08-07-2016 | 11:37 PM
Ragz Ultra
|
Cruiser

Alright alright geez misread one post and I hadn't seen anywhere that it was required you remove the 355 if you did flash. It's just a pac loc with one more channel in it. Since the flash is required when using boom amps it doesn't really seem you would need any loc at all as long as you had high level inputs or high to rca depending on the amp the used.

Like I said I haven't had any tone control since adding the 355 maybe not since I bought the bitch and tried something to see if it would work and allow some tweaking with the 4180 amp

Sorry I asked

Old 08-08-2016 | 06:18 AM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member

Alright alright geez misread one post and I hadn't seen anywhere that it was required you remove the 355 if you did flash. It's just a pac loc with one more channel in it. Since the flash is required when using boom amps it doesn't really seem you would need any loc at all as long as you had high level inputs or high to rca depending on the amp the used.

Like I said I haven't had any tone control since adding the 355 maybe not since I bought the bitch and tried something to see if it would work and allow some tweaking with the 4180 amp

Sorry I asked
Let's back the bus up a little bit here. What r u trying to solve with this re-flash strategy?

The BT355 is in place to address the EQ curve so I'm scratching my head regarding the reason to attempt to fix what already works?

If u think that the BT355s are the source of your bass and treble HU control not working then wouldn't u want to conduct the re-flash and remove the BT355s to isolate the problem? This is kind of where u r losing me.

I have never heard of a single case of a flash or the BT355 being the source of a bass and treble control problem on a Rush HU so if that's what ur trying to fix, then maybe we should start this trouble shooting process with the HU.

Have you accomplished a HU reset?

If ur trying to address other issues associated with the HU EQ curve my money is on Bunker as he is already miles and miles down this road and its a bumpy one for sure, with lots of switchbacks.

So what exactly r u trying to accomplish here so we can all put our heads together and get your ship to shore.

T.

Old 08-08-2016 | 08:11 AM
Ragz Ultra
|
Cruiser

I have 0 tone control. No I don't expect it to be this huge dramatic change when adjusting it but it has been unnoticeable up until Saturday when the dealer flashed the system. The tone control I have now with the boom 2 2 amp 8 speaker setup is noticeable in the treble and to a lesser degree in the bass. I don't think the Soundz setup is what I want as I had to turn the gains up to about 3 oclock on the 355's

Yes I have done the HU reset and have done it multiple times now.

Because I have a pair of 355's and a BT amp the idea was they would provide some minor tweaking in the BT system if I had the flash done to flatten the curve before the signal even reached the LL. That is if the charts that RF has in their update is accurate.

With the 355 I should be able to beep the gains up or down for volume/distortion and adjust the high pass for tone to get it a little warmer. I know it wont be a big difference.

I still have some Pac PDLC-21's that I may try but I'll wait until after I reflash to either stock or 1 amp 4 speakers. Maybe that will tell me if it's an issue with the 355's. Or I'll call Mike and see what he thinks.

If I have time today I'll do a video of where it is currently and post it so you can hear it. To me the sound has always been on the bright side and I'd like to go a little warmer.

Old 08-08-2016 | 08:58 AM
Bunker
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Army

The purpose of the BT355 is to flatten the EQ curve, if you use a flash other than stock Ultra (0 amp 4 speaker) you defeating the purpose of the BT355

ANY flash that I have tried (see my post for the ones I've tried) didn't effect tone control, only fader is effected by flashing.

The 2 amp 8 speaker flash is designed for the Boom system with 2 amps, it doesn't require the bass boost like the stock setup does. This is why you see an increase in treble (my results with the 40Hz signal distorting I posted prove this).

What this all boils down to is that neither the BT355 nor any flash effect the tone control, something in your head unit is mucked up.

Now is it possible flashing broke something? I guess anything is possible but in my testing, I've never had any issues with tone control.

Old 08-08-2016 | 09:14 AM
yooperhog
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Bunker
The purpose of the BT355 is to flatten the EQ curve, if you use a flash other than stock Ultra (0 amp 4 speaker) you defeating the purpose of the BT355

ANY flash that I have tried (see my post for the ones I've tried) didn't effect tone control, only fader is effected by flashing.

The 2 amp 8 speaker flash is designed for the Boom system with 2 amps, it doesn't require the bass boost like the stock setup does. This is why you see an increase in treble (my results with the 40Hz signal distorting I posted prove this).

What this all boils down to is that neither the BT355 nor any flash effect the tone control, something in your head unit is mucked up.

Now is it possible flashing broke something? I guess anything is possible but in my testing, I've never had any issues with tone control.
holy crap im glad i didnt buy a rushmore bike

Old 08-08-2016 | 09:32 AM
Ragz Ultra
|
Cruiser

Bunker
Do you have any suggestions for any other ways to isolate it to it being the HU?
Like if I

The current flash giving more treble than bass control makes sense I guess. Previously though I didn't have any. I can't remember which flash they were on when it came in since they used each flash. It may have been a boom 2 1 amp

Won't the high pass filter on the LL still provide input with a flat eq curve though?

Quick Reply: Dealer flash adventures (BT and/or RF reps please see)