Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for an amp install thread for rushmores

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2016, 04:16 PM
Taxman
Road Captain
Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Looking for an amp install thread for rushmores

Just got a new amp and speakers for my 2015 RGS. Was hoping somebody could point me in the direction of a good install thread. I normally don't ask without searching, but I'm busy as heck at work this week and hoping for charity.

Old 07-12-2016, 04:30 PM
BlackPearl#1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 126 Likes on 113 Posts

Pretty sure the sticky above will answer your questions.
Kris

Old 07-12-2016, 11:20 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

If u r requesting detailed life lessons from those that have gone before, it might also help if u provide some info regarding what exactly u r installing. My NVX experiences might not be of use to u. U picking up what I'm laying down?

T.

Old 07-12-2016, 11:27 PM
matt76cmich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 135 Likes on 126 Posts

This will help, but you can do things differently.

The following users liked this post:
Rockford Fosgate (07-18-2016)
Old 07-12-2016, 11:32 PM
Taxman
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Tailwind
If u r requesting detailed life lessons from those that have gone before, it might also help if u provide some info regarding what exactly u r installing. My NVX experiences might not be of use to u. U picking up what I'm laying down?

T.
I'm not sure what exactly I'm looking for to be quite honest. Of all the work I've done on my bikes or cars, im always uncomfortable when it comes to the electrical stuff. I suppose it's a stupid question. Just thought there might be an easy step by step on how to install one.

I bought this amp and matching speakers.

https://www.amazon.com/Kicker-PXA200-2-2x100-Watt-Full-Range-Amplifier/dp/B00UG7AWH8

Old 07-13-2016, 02:00 AM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 273 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaye H
I'm not sure what exactly I'm looking for to be quite honest. Of all the work I've done on my bikes or cars, im always uncomfortable when it comes to the electrical stuff. I suppose it's a stupid question. Just thought there might be an easy step by step on how to install one.

I bought this amp and matching speakers.

https://www.amazon.com/Kicker-PXA200-2-2x100-Watt-Full-Range-Amplifier/dp/B00UG7AWH8
Return that amp and speakers pronto. Will not do you well at all.
Your best easy to do setup would be a biketeonics 2180 or 4180 depending on if you want 2 or 4 speakers, then choose your speakers, be it biketronics or whatever. That depends a lot on your listening preferences. Ditch the pods or bore a hole, and wiring from there is pretty basic. The biketronics amp comes with wiring and simple instructions. If uncomfortable with that your best to hit up a installer. Sponsor LL247 has better pricing on Biketronics than buying direct. Your kind of leaving it open without a budget and system desire.

Old 07-13-2016, 07:07 AM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Agree with Slye. Send that amp back and with a clean slate and a defined budget these guys will get u in an amazing bang for the buck system.

As for the install, we will get u thru it Brotha!!!! Just get the right equipment or u will be doing more than one instal on your sled. Do it right the first time!!

I'm in TX and have ur back on install should u need it, but doubt that will be the case.

Define ur budget and let's roll. But get that package back in the mail first!!!!

T.

Old 07-13-2016, 09:21 AM
Taxman
Road Captain

Well damnit man. I asked a buddy of mine who's a car audio guy for assistance on selecting because I just have the two speakers now (on my Street Glide I had 4 arc audio 602's and two infinity kappa 6x9's pushed by a SS Pn1000 amp). He was telling me it's too much amp for just two speakers, so I bought this smaller amp. My budget is in the $500 range and I wasn't adding lowers or lid speakers this time, just using the stock RG space for two speakers.

Old 07-13-2016, 09:33 AM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 273 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaye H
Well damnit man. I asked a buddy of mine who's a car audio guy for assistance on selecting because I just have the two speakers now (on my Street Glide I had 4 arc audio 602's and two infinity kappa 6x9's pushed by a SS Pn1000 amp). He was telling me it's too much amp for just two speakers, so I bought this smaller amp. My budget is in the $500 range and I wasn't adding lowers or lid speakers this time, just using the stock RG space for two speakers.
Sorry man but your buddy really dropped the ball. Hell he didnt even have possession. That amp is only 25 rms @4 ohms and 50 rms @ 2 ohms. You'll barely here that over a decent exhaust riding around town, ket alone on highway and interstate. What music do you prefer, and do you have any plans latet to add rears?

Old 07-13-2016, 09:57 AM
Taxman
Road Captain

Originally Posted by slyedog
Sorry man but your buddy really dropped the ball. Hell he didnt even have possession. That amp is only 25 rms @4 ohms and 50 rms @ 2 ohms. You'll barely here that over a decent exhaust riding around town, ket alone on highway and interstate. What music do you prefer, and do you have any plans latet to add rears?
I listen to rock and country mostly. I figured my Sound Stream amp would fit the bill later if I wanted to add rears or lowers. The speakers I got are Marine grade Kicker 2 ohm speakers.

Quick Reply: Looking for an amp install thread for rushmores