Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for an amp install thread for rushmores

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2016, 10:02 AM
Taxman
Road Captain
Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Is he correct that a SS PN41000d is too much amp for just two speakers, or are there some 6.5's that I can buy that will be good? I hate messing with this stuff, but I hate the outrageous prices installers charge for **** too. I generally just do my own work. I'm an idiot about what to buy, cuz I don't really understand it all, but with a little guidance, I can usually do the install just fine.

Thanks for the assist on this guys and the offer for help Tailwind.

Old 07-13-2016, 10:08 AM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,239 Likes on 1,002 Posts

There is no such thing as too much amp. Use the SS 1000d being that you already have it and buy the best speakers you can afford and let her rip. Stay away from car audio guys for advice because most of them don't have a clue what it takes to be able to hear your setup on a bike. I just reworked a car audio guy setup last nite because after $1100 he still couldn't hear his tunes.

Old 07-13-2016, 10:08 AM
FREAKUMCNJ
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jaye I sent you a pm I hope it helps
also order a BT Line Leveler asap before anything
also these guys have some of the best advice around, search the threads you are not alone with having a budget and wanting to upgrade, but be warned once bitten this bug spreads and that $500 budget will grow

The following users liked this post:
vl1500 (02-25-2017)
Old 07-13-2016, 10:28 AM
Taxman
Road Captain

Originally Posted by FREAKUMCNJ
Jaye I sent you a pm I hope it helps
also order a BT Line Leveler asap before anything
also these guys have some of the best advice around, search the threads you are not alone with having a budget and wanting to upgrade, but be warned once bitten this bug spreads and that $500 budget will grow
I went through this with my Street Glide and Gatticus and a few others really steered me right. I had a really nice set up that was loud and clear even at 90 mph. My budget's a little more firm this time around, and I'm limited in my speaker choices since there's only the space for two speakers.

I can run with my Sound Stream amp, and would be happy to get some 6.5" speaker recommendations from you. You say "buy the biggest you can afford" but that doesn't really tell me ****. I don't know what a quality speaker is lol. None of those numbers and specs mean anything to me lol.

Old 07-13-2016, 10:46 AM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 273 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaye H
I went through this with my Street Glide and Gatticus and a few others really steered me right. I had a really nice set up that was loud and clear even at 90 mph. My budget's a little more firm this time around, and I'm limited in my speaker choices since there's only the space for two speakers.

I can run with my Sound Stream amp, and would be happy to get some 6.5" speaker recommendations from you. You say "buy the biggest you can afford" but that doesn't really tell me ****. I don't know what a quality speaker is lol. None of those numbers and specs mean anything to me lol.
Not sure where you are getting buy biggest you can afford. Buy whats is the best for your goal. You had a pretty good sized system on your last bike. Now do you intend to stay faring only on this one or do you have plans for rears or lowers later? That soundstream will do well for those speakers in the fairing, just be very very conservative on the gain adjustment. At 2 ohms once it gets dirty ( distortion you cant necessarily hear even) it gets there fast. With that said the speakers you have will be mediocre at best compared to your last bike. So if interested in Speakers that will perform well fairing only then the 602's and also the 6.2's will fit your budget well. As a component speaker the 6.2 will outperform the 602's. LL247 can cut you a good forum member price on either of those. The options are near endless but suggesting a speaker tou are familiar with and have heard may be better than recommending others you haven't.

Old 07-13-2016, 10:48 AM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,239 Likes on 1,002 Posts

If I were in your shoes I'd run the SS 1000d, a set of Arc Moto 602's, and the BT 355. Bridge the SS to run the Arc's. This is well within your posted budget.

Old 07-13-2016, 10:57 AM
Baeseman1
Elite HDF Member
Received 99 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by SBates08
I'd run the SS 1000d, a set of Arc Moto 602's, and the BT 355. Bridge the SS to run the Arc's.
I feel like a broken record posting Bunker's video again, but this would give a good insight to what the OP could expect his Road Glide to sound like with the above recommendation.

Old 07-13-2016, 01:59 PM
Taxman
Road Captain

Thanks for the advice. Returning the amp and speakers will give me $500 just for speakers and a bridge. Still go with the Arc 602's?

Old 07-13-2016, 02:06 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 273 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaye H
Thanks for the advice. Returning the amp and speakers will give me $500 just for speakers and a bridge. Still go with the Arc 602's?
I would get the separates myself. The 6.2's. Pm LL247. Before I stepped up to my current front stage they were the recommended contender. He may be abke to assist in the tweeter mounting also if you can't do it. Sound way better than a coaxial.

Old 07-13-2016, 06:08 PM
Taxman
Road Captain

Originally Posted by SBates08
If I were in your shoes I'd run the SS 1000d, a set of Arc Moto 602's, and the BT 355. Bridge the SS to run the Arc's. This is well within your posted budget.
Bought the line leveler just now. Waiting on a PM from LL247 to get the 602's. How do I bridge the amp? Should I just google that? lol

Really appreciate all the advice.

Quick Reply: Looking for an amp install thread for rushmores