Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Starting my Audio system upgrade on 2010 RGC Trike

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2016, 02:23 PM
yooperhog
Stellar HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by CVOJOE
With metal skills like that, they will be lucky to have you.
thanks. and with summers off id be glad to be part of it

Old 07-11-2016, 02:53 PM
Springerfan
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

I sold them to another forum member who is starting to put a system together. He is now looking for an amp, Are you selling your old one?
Yes, it's in the touring parts forum. It's a nice amp for the money but not enough poop for the Hertz IMHO

Old 07-11-2016, 03:09 PM
CVOJOE
Road Captain
Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Springerfan
Yes, it's in the touring parts forum. It's a nice amp for the money but not enough poop for the Hertz IMHO
I will send him a PM to look at it

Old 07-12-2016, 11:00 AM
CVOJOE
Road Captain

Originally Posted by yooperhog
if your good at fine tuning a welder. grab some sheet metal and do what i did

color matched

one of a kind
Yooperhog, you have got me to thinking. I think I am going to buy a set of used set of tourpack pods, build a mounting adapter plate for my chopped tourpack and just let it be till winter and then build a setup like yours.

That adapter plate certainly could not be any uglier than that POS plastic pod I was about to put there.

Thanks again for sharing your ideas and work

Old 07-12-2016, 12:03 PM
yooperhog
Stellar HDF Member

Yooperhog, you have got me to thinking. I think I am going to buy a set of used set of tourpack pods, build a mounting adapter plate for my chopped tourpack and just let it be till winter and then build a setup like yours.

That adapter plate certainly could not be any uglier than that POS plastic pod I was about to put there.

Thanks again for sharing your ideas and work
glad to help

Old 07-17-2016, 07:47 PM
CVOJOE
Road Captain

Finally got my system all hooked up, did a 180 on how I was going to mount my rear speakers. After looking at Yooperhog's tour pack's setup (superb craftsmanship by the way) I bought some tour pack speaker pods and modified them to fit my chopped tour pack. This setup allowed me to cut some 1-1/2" bass relief holes in the lower back of the tour pack pods.

I just got it operating today and still don't have my faring on, still don't have it dialed in. But it's already the best one amp in the faring, four speaker set up I've ever heard.

I know the audiophiles are going to crucify me on this, but this is a definite step above the 7.1 pro system. crisper bass and not nearly so bright

I will post some pics and finish the install this week.

Last edited by CVOJOE; 07-18-2016 at 08:45 AM.
Old 07-18-2016, 08:58 AM
CVOJOE
Road Captain

bass port hole in speaker pods, going to cover it with some speaker grill clothe

Attached Thumbnails Starting my Audio system upgrade on 2010 RGC Trike-20160717_140432.jpg  
Old 07-18-2016, 09:00 AM
yooperhog
Stellar HDF Member

bass port hole in speaker pods, going to cover it with some speaker grill clothe
lookin good. keep us posted

Old 07-18-2016, 08:13 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

On the Rushmore models the pods are vented into the TP. Below are the parts HD uses to seal the vent. Don't know if they will work on your TP but there worth looking at.

Attached Thumbnails Starting my Audio system upgrade on 2010 RGC Trike-hd15flhr149.gif   Starting my Audio system upgrade on 2010 RGC Trike-part-numbers.jpg  
Old 07-18-2016, 08:57 PM
CVOJOE
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Bertk
On the Rushmore models the pods are vented into the TP. Below are the parts HD uses to seal the vent. Don't know if they will work on your TP but there worth looking at.
Hey Bert,

That is similar to the setup I got from V-Twin Solutions, but that one would not work either.

With my chopped tour pack there just wasn't room for the hole as well as the 3 bolts. I ended up putting the hole below the tour pack

I'm going to cut a piece of speaker grill cloth and attach it with the existing bolt holes

Thanks for the suggestion though

Attached Thumbnails Starting my Audio system upgrade on 2010 RGC Trike-image.jpg  

Quick Reply: Starting my Audio system upgrade on 2010 RGC Trike