Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Starting my Audio system upgrade on 2010 RGC Trike

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2016, 09:48 AM
CVOJOE
Road Captain
Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Zip77
Ive noticed more guys on here using the HAT speakers.. Ive been looking them up a little and doing some research.. They seem to be a bit pricey.. Just wondering because I don't know.. What is the benefit of them vs say a Hertz or Biketronics? The two more popular brands I've seen.
Hey Zip77,

Biketronics uses the HAT speakers and re-brands them. I put the HAT's in the same category as the Hertz, Focal and now the Arc Moto's. They all sell different levels of speakers, so sometimes it's hard to compare apples to apples. Speaker sound preference is strictly a personal choice.

I am using them for the faring in this build because I want to do something a little different than the packaged systems and I am a HAT dealer

Old 07-11-2016, 10:23 AM
Zip77
Former Sponsor
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Haze.. Ive heard of them in the car world but not as much in the bike.

CVOJOE,

Thanks for the info. Im def interested in hearing how they come out once your all finished and tuned

Old 07-11-2016, 10:27 AM
yooperhog
Stellar HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by CVOJOE
DANG Yooperhog, that looks GREAT!!! You are a craftsman. I am not quite as good with a TIG as I am a orbital, but I am really good with a grinder and sander and that would get me by. That's a great idea, but it's not going to happen by this weekend. Did you use a brake to bend your metal or just a vise and clamps?

Thanks Yooperhog, knowing these ugly a$$ pods are temporary makes me feel much better. This will happen this winter
all hand formed. cut off wheel and a grinder. dumbell weights as radius guides. and lots of staring and thinking....definately wasnt a weekend project, but not much else to do in the winter months up here

Old 07-11-2016, 10:37 AM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by Zip77
Haze.. Ive heard of them in the car world but not as much in the bike.
Seems like bike audio is a small drop in a huge bucket of car audio also, you really don't see any marketing for them on bikes either, but Arc has a "moto" line, Soundz uses Focals, DD Audio has line also promoted for bikes, etc. Those Legatia's are legit.

Last edited by haze324; 07-11-2016 at 12:20 PM.
Old 07-11-2016, 11:20 AM
Makdaddy
Road Master
Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

Looking Good Joe

Old 07-11-2016, 12:01 PM
CVOJOE
Road Captain

Originally Posted by yooperhog
all hand formed. cut off wheel and a grinder. dumbell weights as radius guides. and lots of staring and thinking....definately wasnt a weekend project, but not much else to do in the winter months up here
Then that's even more impressive, it looks like you had a whole sheet metal shop at your service.

Old 07-11-2016, 12:03 PM
yooperhog
Stellar HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 161 Posts

Then that's even more impressive, it looks like you had a whole sheet metal shop at your service.
no. hope to by next fall. job opening as welding instructor....so i got my fingers crossed

Old 07-11-2016, 12:39 PM
Springerfan
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Well i got the faring off this morning (I was going to start last night, but those adult beverages were just tasting too good) This was the first time I had the faring off of Elvira and Lo and behold to my surprise there was a set of Hertz HCX 165's in there. I guess someone got started on a good system and never got around to finishing it.
Those Hertz HCX 165's sound awesome with the 600.4 that's what I am running in the fairing. They are very clear and great sq at highway speeds. SF

Old 07-11-2016, 01:23 PM
CVOJOE
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Springerfan
Those Hertz HCX 165's sound awesome with the 600.4 that's what I am running in the fairing. They are very clear and great sq at highway speeds. SF
I sold them to another forum member who is starting to put a system together. He is now looking for an amp, Are you selling your old one?

Old 07-11-2016, 01:25 PM
CVOJOE
Road Captain

Originally Posted by yooperhog
no. hope to by next fall. job opening as welding instructor....so i got my fingers crossed
With metal skills like that, they will be lucky to have you.

Quick Reply: Starting my Audio system upgrade on 2010 RGC Trike