Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP!!! Infinity Kappa 62.11i and Power Accoustic RZ4 2000D

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2016, 10:05 AM
sevitz5
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Exclamation HELP!!! Infinity Kappa 62.11i and Power Accoustic RZ4 2000D

I installed these speakers and amp, along with a Sony HU. All was great for awhile.....now randomly the left fairing speaker sounds blown, and even cuts out once in awhile going down the road. I put it in the garage and have pulled the fairing, and can't get it to do it. I even let the bike idle and can't replicate it. I have checked that all my connections to that speaker are tight. What the hell do I do guys???? I know something with the fairing must be causing it but I am lost. Would an LED BULB cause some kind of interference to cause it???? That's the only thing I have changed. Help me out guys....thanks

Old 07-02-2016, 10:22 AM
Babyboy
Stellar HDF Member
Received 469 Likes on 394 Posts

Check the rca connections/cables.I have ran into that problem in the past the connection may look tight but are just loose enough to cause a problem

Old 07-02-2016, 11:28 AM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Bro, you may not believe this as I am having a hard time as well but I had some pretty damn durable speaks recently installed in my fairing and after a long tuning session it was finally time to clean up the wiring with zip ties and put the hood on. After securing the wires I did one more sound check before putting the hood on and the right speaker sounded totally blown.
Long story short, my hidden antenna that wraps around the inner fairing was too close to the damn speaker raising all kinds of hell on it thus the extreme distortion.
Just lake sure u don't have any possible electrical wires in direct contact with or too close to the speaker itself.
Strange deal but could be possible for your situation.

Just a thought.

T

Old 07-02-2016, 11:32 AM
murph
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Also check the speaker connections. make sure they are tight. Ask how I know....lol

Old 07-02-2016, 10:29 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by sevitz5
I installed these speakers and amp, along with a Sony HU. All was great for awhile.....now randomly the left fairing speaker sounds blown, and even cuts out once in awhile going down the road. I put it in the garage and have pulled the fairing, and can't get it to do it. I even let the bike idle and can't replicate it. I have checked that all my connections to that speaker are tight. What the hell do I do guys???? I know something with the fairing must be causing it but I am lost. Would an LED BULB cause some kind of interference to cause it???? That's the only thing I have changed. Help me out guys....thanks
Sounds like it only does it when the the bike is moving. That normally means loose connections. Now you have to find it. It could be anything from ground connections to Those pesky RCA's! Change the affected speaker and see if you still have the same issue going down the road. I think when T had his antenna problem the bike was sitting still.

Old 07-03-2016, 08:58 AM
sevitz5
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Gannicus
Sounds like it only does it when the the bike is moving. That normally means loose connections. Now you have to find it. It could be anything from ground connections to Those pesky RCA's! Change the affected speaker and see if you still have the same issue going down the road. I think when T had his antenna problem the bike was sitting still.
I switched speakers and same thing so I know it's a connection issue. I did find my Biketronics module was rubbing hard on my white RCA plug on back of radio (it had red on it from the module, and the module had some white on it). I moved the module to another spot....is it possible that when the fairing was on it was pressing the module into the RCA causing my issue?