Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stereo Up-Grade 2016 FLTRU

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2016, 10:26 AM
Bunker
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 494 Likes on 314 Posts

Oh, and I'm using 1.19.2 and I like the sound so far, it's not quite as good for me as 1.19.0, but the perks of the update make it worth it to me.

Old 07-05-2016, 08:45 AM
ryvpete
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

The biggest difference when I installed the amp (CV B4) in my 16 FLTRU was when I did the factory reset to the radio. I didn't flash or change the radio to a lower rev. The pre-calibration reset just woke the whole system up. It sounds awesome since I did that. I have the BT breakout and the line levelers too, I did follow their recommendations and put the SPR-60s in the rear and I really like the way they sound. They have more base than the Kappas I have in the front. Do the pre-calibration reset on the radio for sure.

Last edited by ryvpete; 07-05-2016 at 08:49 AM.
Old 07-05-2016, 08:46 PM
Texas Rapier
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Post By ryvpete

The biggest difference when I installed the amp (CV B4) in my 16 FLTRU was when I did the factory reset to the radio. I didn't flash or change the radio to a lower rev. The pre-calibration reset just woke the whole system up. It sounds awesome since I did that. I have the BT breakout and the line levelers too, I did follow their recommendations and put the SPR-60s in the rear and I really like the way they sound. They have more base than the Kappas I have in the front. Do the pre-calibration reset on the radio for sure.
Ok, I'm a little lost with this post. Does the pre-calibration reset take it back to the original software load, or does it keep the current software down load.

I also pull the trigger on my Biketronics order today.

a. BT465 front speakers.
b. Bt4180.15RG Amplifier Package.
c. BTBOC Brake out harness.

I still need to order the Alpine SPR-60 Speakers.

Sonic Electronix has them for $119.00 a pair with free shipping.

That leaves me to get the sound deadening material which I'm sure I can find locally.

Any body give any thought to putting the sound deadening on the inside of the front speaker enclosures verses the outside?

Old 07-05-2016, 09:19 PM
Blue Tick
Road Master
Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Texas Rapier
Ok, I'm a little lost with this post. Does the pre-calibration reset take it back to the original software load, or does it keep the current software down load.

a. BT465 front speakers.

That leaves me to get the sound deadening material which I'm sure I can find locally.

Any body give any thought to putting the sound deadening on the inside of the front speaker enclosures verses the outside?
Congrats on getting your stuff ordered. I got tracking numbers on all stuff and should all be delivered by Friday.

It's my understanding on the radio reset is done after you install the new equipment. There is a how to on BT's website on how to do it. Suppesedly the reset does nothing to the softwars, as it's more of a sytem "refresh" if you will. However, I could be way off base on what I'm thinking though.

I ordered the Alpines myself from Sonic as well. Best price I could find.

When I spoke with Donna about the pod removal/splitting and resealing, she told me that that way of thinking was Bill ( I think) who is no longer there and Mike doesn't see any benefit to sealing the pods or installing any of the poly fill material either. So, based on that info I am just going to install some focals and go from there.

Old 07-05-2016, 09:35 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

The pre-calibration reset does not effect the software version. It does remove all user setting made to the HU and put them back to factory defaults. This will include GPS destination. Here's a good thread on exporting and importing user created destination.

a. BT465 front speakers.

Good choice on equipment. Another speaker to consider as a drop-in for the TP pods are the Polk Audio MM651's.

Old 07-05-2016, 09:42 PM
Bunker
Stellar HDF Member

Once you get the pods off you'll see that will be a chore, I just wrapped the outside of the pods.

Old 07-05-2016, 09:44 PM
Bunker
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Blue Tick
When I spoke with Donna about the pod removal/splitting and resealing, she told me that that way of thinking was Bill ( I think) who is no longer there and Mike doesn't see any benefit to sealing the pods or installing any of the poly fill material either. So, based on that info I am just going to install some focals and go from there.

You seal the pods to stop the whistling, the pods will whistle when those speakers start flexing.

Polyfil /meh I can't tell a difference with or without. Having said that, I have it in atm.

Old 07-05-2016, 09:56 PM
ryvpete
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

The pre-calibration reset takes out the Harley "tuning" for their crappy stock speakers and gets the radio back to its full potential. They "calibrate" putting in filters that limit the sound coming out of the radio. It made a huge difference in my system. I got the SPR-60s cheaper on Amazon, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 $102.50 with free shipping. You will have to get different grills for the rear pods or just use the ones that come with the speakers. I used the Alpine grills for a week or so then I ordered the Harley ones as I thought they looked better. You're going to like the 4180 and the mount. It was a pain in the *** to reroute all the wiring harness under the radio to fit my amp on top of the headlight. I just didn't have the coin to spring for the 4180 or that is the way I would have went too.

Old 07-05-2016, 10:00 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by Blue Tick
The reason Bill suggested sealing the pods was that some speaker/amp combos will blow enough air through the seams to make noise. Just something to keep in mind if you get unwanted noise coming through the seams of the pods.

Old 07-06-2016, 12:00 PM
FREAKUMCNJ
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 16 RG ultra and installed 4 channel amp using 2 for fronts with BT LL working great now just ordered another LineLeverer from BT and speaker lids and 6x9.
QUESTION is do I need to be concerned with the "system refresh" for the lids to work??
also I am leaving rear pods for now?
Sorry to jack you thread bro just allot of confusion

Quick Reply: Stereo Up-Grade 2016 FLTRU