Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stereo Up-Grade 2016 FLTRU

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2016, 08:33 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by Blue Tick
Does anyone have any pics of their install process? Also, been reading lots of info on the software version, my RGU has 1.19.1, does that make a huge difference? Will I need to change it? Where can I find the 1.19.0 version, if I need to change? Also been reading about problems with the breakout harness I believe it was not being wired right in regards to polarity, is this something that needs to be addressed?
Here's a thread on the BT install on a Rushmore Ultra.

Using the BT LL's, software version 1.19.0 along with the stock flash has proven to work the best. Software version 1.19.0 can be found here for the 6.5 HU. Once the software is installed he HU will need to be reset using these instructions.

A couple of folks have has a problem with the breakout harness. You may want to call BT and see if the problem has been resolved.

Old 07-02-2016, 08:37 PM
Blue Tick
Road Master
Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Bertk
Here's a thread on the BT install on a Rushmore Ultra.

Using the BT LL's, software version 1.19.0 along with the stock flash has proven to work the best. Software version 1.19.0 can be found here for the 6.5 HU. Once the software is installed he HU will need to be reset using these instructions.

A couple of folks have has a problem with the breakout harness. You may want to call BT and see if the problem has been resolved.
Thanks. Is the software flash as simple as downloading to a jump drive and then attaching it to the USB cord on the bike? Don't mean to ask so many questions, I just want to make sure I do this right.

Old 07-02-2016, 08:38 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

My gear is on the way, but I will contact her after the 4th. I'm hoping I don't screw this install up once I start. I can follow directions pretty easily, but seeing your in The Woodlands, I might be hitting you up if I have issues. I live over in Tomball.
Just shoot me a message when the goods arrive and I will help u install the entire thing. I am around all next week.

T.

Old 07-02-2016, 08:41 PM
Blue Tick
Road Master

Originally Posted by Tailwind
Just shoot me a message when the goods arrive and I will help u install the entire thing. I am around all next week.

T.
I'm gone from Tues-Friday for some in service training in Austin. I will send you a message when I get back and maybe see about the weekend or following weekend, if your available.

Old 07-02-2016, 08:50 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

I'm gone from Tues-Friday for some in service training in Austin. I will send you a message when I get back and maybe see about the weekend or following weekend, if your available.
Sounds perfect. Will make myself available.

T

Old 07-02-2016, 08:54 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member

Thanks. Is the software flash as simple as downloading to a jump drive and then attaching it to the USB cord on the bike? Don't mean to ask so many questions, I just want to make sure I do this right.
Yes, after the download is complete extract the .ISO file from the zip folder and put it on a 8GB or larger thumb drive without any other files and follow the BT instructions.

Old 07-02-2016, 08:57 PM
Blue Tick
Road Master

Should I get a better power and ground cable? Seems I'm reading most recommend using a better power cable than comes from BT and instead of grounding to the HU frame, it's better to run the ground to the negative battery post? What cables would y'all recommend and where to get them?

Old 07-02-2016, 09:18 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member

Should I get a better power and ground cable? Seems I'm reading most recommend using a better power cable than comes from BT and instead of grounding to the HU frame, it's better to run the ground to the negative battery post? What cables would y'all recommend and where to get them?
It is always best to ground the amp directly to the battery. I had 10ga wire already run but it won't fit the connection on the BT amp. So I soldered the 10ga to the BT wire and used heat shrink on it.

Old 07-03-2016, 09:18 AM
Texas Rapier
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

After reading the last few post I think we need to straighten a few things out. This may be just a terminology issue.

Radio flash

The term Flash as I use it is when a Harley Tech uses the Harley Tech inter-phase to connect to the boom stereo to set up the configuration as to how the stereo is to be set up to be used on a certain bike and what accessories have be added to the bike such as amplifiers, CB satellite radio and so-forth. This can only be complete by a HD tech with the correct equipment.

Software Update.

The boom stereo is nothing more than a computer. The computer has an operating system with millions of lines of code. As they find problems with the code, patches are written to correct these issues with the software and Updates are released. These can be downloaded and installed by anyone and no special equipment is required other than a USB Drive. Some people call these flash drives.

The current Software up-date which I have loaded in my stereo is 1.19.21

This up-date corrected one issue I had with the stereo and that issue was where the stereo starts at when the ignition is turned on. I use USB Drives with with music loaded on the 90% of the time. before this update my stereo would always go to FM even though the last thing I was listening to was a USB Drive. With update 1.19.21 the stereo now returns to the last location when the stereo was turned off. This was not a big issue but it does save me from have to go select what I want to listen to every time I turn the ignition on.

Back to the point.

Nothing in a software update should effect the Radio Flash.

Or am I mistaken in this conclusion?

Old 07-03-2016, 10:24 AM
Bunker
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 494 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by Texas Rapier
After reading the last few post I think we need to straighten a few things out. This may be just a terminology issue.

Radio flash

The term Flash as I use it is when a Harley Tech uses the Harley Tech inter-phase to connect to the boom stereo to set up the configuration as to how the stereo is to be set up to be used on a certain bike and what accessories have be added to the bike such as amplifiers, CB satellite radio and so-forth. This can only be complete by a HD tech with the correct equipment.

Software Update.

The boom stereo is nothing more than a computer. The computer has an operating system with millions of lines of code. As they find problems with the code, patches are written to correct these issues with the software and Updates are released. These can be downloaded and installed by anyone and no special equipment is required other than a USB Drive. Some people call these flash drives.

The current Software up-date which I have loaded in my stereo is 1.19.21

This up-date corrected one issue I had with the stereo and that issue was where the stereo starts at when the ignition is turned on. I use USB Drives with with music loaded on the 90% of the time. before this update my stereo would always go to FM even though the last thing I was listening to was a USB Drive. With update 1.19.21 the stereo now returns to the last location when the stereo was turned off. This was not a big issue but it does save me from have to go select what I want to listen to every time I turn the ignition on.

Back to the point.

Nothing in a software update should effect the Radio Flash.

Or am I mistaken in this conclusion?
Correct BUT the software updates affect your sound with aftermarket amps. The current best sounding update is 1.19.0. Lots of people are having issues in the current 1.19.2 update with sound or lack there of it.

Quick Reply: Stereo Up-Grade 2016 FLTRU