Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stereo Up-Grade 2016 FLTRU

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2016, 06:54 AM
Bunker
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 494 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by Texas Rapier
From the reading I've done the BT4180 is on the short list. The $695.00 price includes line levelers and all wiring required to complete the install. I like the idea that a Company believes in the product enough to stand behind it with a full lifetime replacement warranty. I had one of there smaller amps in my Road King which did fail and they replaced it no questions asked. so I know they mean it.

This amp does meet my longevity and quality requirements, just a little unsure about the lake of adjustability.

Blue Tick, where are you located? could always use another riding buddy.
don't forget the hdforum discount that's 10% off!

I'm in Port Arthur btw, ericl is in Port Neches he's on here too when he's in town

Let me know if you need help with the install, would be glad to lend a hand.

Old 06-29-2016, 09:31 AM
Blue Tick
Road Master
Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

From the reading I've done the BT4180 is on the short list. The $695.00 price includes line levelers and all wiring required to complete the install. I like the idea that a Company believes in the product enough to stand behind it with a full lifetime replacement warranty. I had one of there smaller amps in my Road King which did fail and they replaced it no questions asked. so I know they mean it.

This amp does meet my longevity and quality requirements, just a little unsure about the lake of adjustability.

I live and work just north of Houston. I am from Woodville and am always back home and in that area though. Let me know if you need help on the install or want to ride sometime.

Old 06-29-2016, 09:48 AM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

The only other amp that is 4 channel amp that fits in the fairing and puts out that kinda power allowing you to run 6 speakers off one amp is the PN4.1000D and it takes some work to install and doesn't have the same sound quality.

If you want tuning ability and higher end sound quality you will need to run two amps in your fairing.

Old 06-29-2016, 09:48 AM
Wideglide103
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Call Biketronics and talk with them personally! I'm glad I did. They gave me a smoking deal on that amp!

Old 06-29-2016, 01:45 PM
Blue Tick
Road Master
Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Wideglide103
Call Biketronics and talk with them personally! I'm glad I did. They gave me a smoking deal on that amp!
I just got off the phone with BT and placed an order for the 4180 and am debating on their front speakers. I was given a smoking deal as well on the amp and told to decide on the speakers and they would ship tomorrow if I decide to take their speakers or use something else they'd ship the amp today. They are running a July 4th sale as well.

What speakers work best for the rear TP pods without having to add the extenders? BT suggested the Alpine SPR's.

Old 06-29-2016, 03:31 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,239 Likes on 1,002 Posts

Those Alpines they suggested do a great job.

Old 06-29-2016, 06:18 PM
Baeseman1
Elite HDF Member
Received 99 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Blue Tick

What speakers work best for the rear TP pods without having to add the extenders? BT suggested the Alpine SPR's.
Originally Posted by SBates08
Those Alpines they suggested do a great job.
Didn't Bertk, HBSoldier, & Greatsteaks all have the Alpines and removed them in favor of the adapters?
I know the Arc Moto 602 (with the V-Twin adapters) was a popular tourpack combination.
(I went with the 4180, BT 7.1, & 602's also)

Old 06-29-2016, 06:41 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

Some dudes don't want the adaptors. The closer the speaker pushes up to your passenger the less they will hear them. Lots of folks pick out parts based on how their bike sounds parked.

Old 06-29-2016, 09:23 PM
Texas Rapier
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

At 80 mph I'm pretty sure the only speakers I'm going to hear are the fronts. The back may add something but once a passenger is between the rears there pretty much going to block the rears from the driver. Now the passenger should have improved listening.

Don't get me wrong, pulling up to the local Harley Dealership on Saturday with a sound system that drowns out the band or make some cage driver hag up there cell phone because they can't hear while driving around town at 35 mph are good things. or blowing everyone away at bike night.

But the primary reason is to enjoy the right song while running down the road at 80+.

i'll give Biketronics a call tomorrow.

Old 06-30-2016, 11:03 AM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by Baeseman1
Didn't Bertk, HBSoldier, & Greatsteaks all have the Alpines and removed them in favor of the adapters?
I know the Arc Moto 602 (with the V-Twin adapters) was a popular tourpack combination.
(I went with the 4180, BT 7.1, & 602's also)
I was using the BT7.1 in the fairing and the 602's in the TP pods. The 602's where mounted with some eBay wedge spacers that take up a lot of room. I ride one up 95% of the time so it's not an issue for me. The V-Twin adapters look like they take up the least amount of room.

With the 4180, BT 7.1, & 602's you will hear all four speaker at 80, as long as the 602 aren't covered by a passenger or luggage.

Quick Reply: Stereo Up-Grade 2016 FLTRU