Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blown right speaker again???

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2016, 06:50 AM
SCHATZY
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Blown right speaker again???

Hey guys i am currently running the BT 4180 KRC 165 in front fairing and the lids are the HCX 690 i recently changed the lid speakers because of thee
right rear speaker was blown and they replaced with a new set thinking I had a lemon from the start now the same speaker is blown the right rear HCX 690 what do i need to test or check as i think there is a problem with the amp?? Need help i am riding a 2015 SGS and i am running the 1.19.0 software.

Old 06-19-2016, 07:06 AM
Bunker
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 494 Likes on 314 Posts

I had some wiring issues, connectors weren't making good contact and it was throwing off some of my readings. I've since ditched the connectors and soldered my connections, no more issues (except when I'm taking the amp out )

Old 06-19-2016, 07:15 AM
SCHATZY
Intermediate

Would a bad connection blow a speaker?? When i installed the new speakers and did the sound check it was all good then we did a couple of long rides still good and all of a sudden yesterday the right speaker sounded blown.

Old 06-19-2016, 07:49 AM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by SCHATZY
Would a bad connection blow a speaker?? When i installed the new speakers and did the sound check it was all good then we did a couple of long rides still good and all of a sudden yesterday the right speaker sounded blown.
What sound check do u speak of?

What are ur gains set to on the rear BT355?

T.

Old 06-19-2016, 08:07 AM
Bunker
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 494 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by SCHATZY
Stupid question I know, did you swap speakers to make sure it was in fact blown?

Old 06-19-2016, 09:57 AM
SCHATZY
Intermediate

Sound check meaning just listened to a couple of tracks and sounded great. I will try swapping right to left and see what happens with the sound if it is in the other side then it might be the connection at the amp(not a blown speaker)will advise when i check it out thanks.

Old 06-19-2016, 10:19 AM
SCHATZY
Intermediate

Just confirmed it is the speaker blown i remembered when i did the wiring when i installed the amp i had a hard time with making a good connection at the amp on the right side just thinking if it is a poor connection at the amp and it cuts in and out would that blow a speaker?? I am going to take the hood off and check the connection and advise when i am done thanks.

Old 06-19-2016, 10:40 AM
SCHATZY
Intermediate

Just checked connections it all seems good is there anything i can do to check with a volt meter to see if there is something with the amp???

Old 06-19-2016, 10:51 AM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

So grab your Line Leveler for the rear channel and let us know what the settings are using a clock as the reference to where the little arrows are pointing. 2 o'clock? 3 o'clock?

Also, are the HPF settings on the top of the LL set at the default reference lines?

The gains are on the side / end of the LL if u are unfamiliar.

This will help troubleshoot.

T

Old 06-19-2016, 11:09 AM
SCHATZY
Intermediate

Quick Reply: Blown right speaker again???