Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Disappointed infinity Kappa 62.11i and Power acoustic RZ4-2000D

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2016, 09:45 PM
Riveroger
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Disappointed infinity Kappa 62.11i and Power acoustic RZ4-2000D

So while back I upgraded the sound system on my 2013 FLHTK and installed 4 infinity Kappa 62.11i speakers 2 in the faring 2 in lowers. While it was much louder sounded very tiny. I have the HK Head unit and insulated polyfill around the speakers as suggested. Messed with the level many times. Tried disk with mp3 files , iphone through aux and ipod interface. sound quality tiny. I have had it like this for quite awhile and thought I was expecting too much and settled. Today I rode my friends new CVO street glide and that sound system sounds great even at speed so now I know I can do better. So my question is do I need to check anything on my current setup or do I start swapping parts. Thanks

Old 06-18-2016, 09:55 PM
decencyxdefied
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 728 Likes on 487 Posts

Originally Posted by Riveroger
So while back I upgraded the sound system on my 2013 FLHTK and installed 4 infinity Kappa 62.11i speakers 2 in the faring 2 in lowers. While it was much louder sounded very tiny. I have the HK Head unit and insulated polyfill around the speakers as suggested. Messed with the level many times. Tried disk with mp3 files , iphone through aux and ipod interface. sound quality tiny. I have had it like this for quite awhile and thought I was expecting too much and settled. Today I rode my friends new CVO street glide and that sound system sounds great even at speed so now I know I can do better. So my question is do I need to check anything on my current setup or do I start swapping parts. Thanks
That's exactly how it sounded on mine as well.. That amp never sounded right to me.. Switch it up with a cerwin Vega b2 and its been sounding good since.. To me that amp provide good power but crap sound quality.. Check out the 4 channel Vega amp

Old 06-18-2016, 09:56 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

That CVO system is well over 2 grand and honestly is mediocore at best. If you want a nice system rip all of that out, including the HK headunit.

Old 06-18-2016, 10:04 PM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 31,020 Likes on 11,640 Posts

Originally Posted by haze324
That CVO system is well over 2 grand and honestly is mediocore at best. If you want a nice system rip all of that out, including the HK headunit.
And replace with what??

Old 06-18-2016, 10:07 PM
Riveroger
Cruiser

Originally Posted by decencyxdefied
That's exactly how it sounded on mine as well.. That amp never sounded right to me.. Switch it up with a cerwin Vega b2 and its been sounding good since.. To me that amp provide good power but crap sound quality.. Check out the 4 channel Vega amp
So its not just me , you kept the infinity speakers replaced the AMP? Is the 4 channel amp any good?

Old 06-18-2016, 10:17 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by TriGeezer
And replace with what??
Tri, depends what you're looking for and willing to spend. It doesn't have to be a ton, but could be. The PN4.1000D and four Arc Moto's sounds great, combined with a new headunit. There's a marine rate Kenwood 7 series that's priced well. Focal KRC's have been crowd favorites lately. I thought they sounded pretty darn good too but pricey.

Old 06-18-2016, 10:17 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Riveroger
So its not just me , you kept the infinity speakers replaced the AMP? Is the 4 channel amp any good?
you need a better headunit if you really want to see improvements in sound, regardless what amp you decide to upgrade too.

Old 06-18-2016, 10:20 PM
Chekoz77
Tourer
Received 66 Likes on 49 Posts

Could be an issue with the line levels in. Depending on your head unit, some amps dont do well with using high level inputs. Do you have any way to test the amp with another head unit with low level outputs(rca)?

Or you could try a line level converter and see if that helps. It will take the speaker outputs convert them to RCA outs and bump up the output voltage a bit.

Old 06-18-2016, 10:50 PM
Riveroger
Cruiser

Originally Posted by decencyxdefied
Think I will try the Cerwin-Vega B54 Stealth Bomber. Any opinions?

Old 06-18-2016, 10:54 PM
Riveroger
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Chekoz77
Could be an issue with the line levels in. Depending on your head unit, some amps dont do well with using high level inputs. Do you have any way to test the amp with another head unit with low level outputs(rca)?

Or you could try a line level converter and see if that helps. It will take the speaker outputs convert them to RCA outs and bump up the output voltage a bit.
The line level converter is a cheap part to try. Thanks

Quick Reply: Disappointed infinity Kappa 62.11i and Power acoustic RZ4-2000D