Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Disappointed infinity Kappa 62.11i and Power acoustic RZ4-2000D

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2016, 12:26 PM
yooperhog
Stellar HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by Babyboy
The system sounded warm with good punchy bass with a good balance of highs that were not shrill sounding.
not that it matters, but streetglide model wasnt released until '06?

Old 07-02-2016, 10:04 PM
Moto Mike
Road Warrior
Received 122 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by Babyboy
Install is complete
Bike was an 01 street glide with stock Radio Sounds HU.
PAC SNI 35 line converter
Arc is 125.2 bx amp
Rockford fosgate 6.5 speakers

TESTING EQUIPMENT USED
SMD DD1
BLUE POINT 586 DMM

Using a 1k -10db at 3/4 volume was the happy spot on the head unit (not showing any distortion)
The line out converter was set with same test tone with 1.01 volts (11oclockish) before showing any distortion.
Amp was showing distortion at 20 volts with a clean input signal. I wound up setting the amp at 17.3 vac which was 75 watts rms per the manufacturer.

Note :When Using a stock Radio Sounds HU the Arc 125.2 amp is just about the biggest amp you will be able to fit on top of the HU without any modifications
I just talked to M.D., he's really enthusiastic with the install and his new tunes!! Nice Job Baby B.!!! FYI if anybody is wondering what kind of bike.. Electro-Glide Standard...But it ain't standard... Its nice!!

Old 07-02-2016, 10:11 PM
Babyboy
Stellar HDF Member
Received 469 Likes on 394 Posts
Default Disappointed infinity Kappa 62.11i and Power acoustic RZ4-2000D

Originally Posted by Moto Mike
I just talked to M.D., he's really enthusiastic with the install and his new tunes!! Nice Job Baby B.!!! FYI if anybody is wondering what kind of bike.. Electro-Glide Standard...But it ain't standard... Its nice!!
Thanks Moto Mike
MD shot me a message earlier and was HAPPY with his upgrade.

Just a little fyi that little amp has some nuts and sounds good

Last edited by Babyboy; 07-02-2016 at 10:14 PM.
Old 08-15-2016, 11:18 PM
Riveroger
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chekoz77
Could be an issue with the line levels in. Depending on your head unit, some amps dont do well with using high level inputs. Do you have any way to test the amp with another head unit with low level outputs(rca)?

Or you could try a line level converter and see if that helps. It will take the speaker outputs convert them to RCA outs and bump up the output voltage a bit.
Its been awhile and I have some time to work on the bike audio. I did what you suggested and installed PAC SNI-35 Variable LOC Line Out Converter and it made a huge difference punchy bass warm sounding was pure treble too bright before. But it only helped the rear channels. I double checked polarity checked everything. I swapped the rca cables on the amp rear to front and good sounds are now in faring speakers. I know a new head unit would solve everything but i use the bike communications and have an ipod interface I want to keep. Any suggestions?

Old 08-16-2016, 05:41 AM
duglaura&flhti
Road Warrior

Received 99 Likes on 94 Posts

Congrats on the new setup....Well done...Post a vid soon?.

Old 08-16-2016, 07:29 AM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by Riveroger
Its been awhile and I have some time to work on the bike audio. I did what you suggested and installed PAC SNI-35 Variable LOC Line Out Converter and it made a huge difference punchy bass warm sounding was pure treble too bright before. But it only helped the rear channels. I double checked polarity checked everything. I swapped the rca cables on the amp rear to front and good sounds are now in faring speakers. I know a new head unit would solve everything but i use the bike communications and have an ipod interface I want to keep. Any suggestions?
Sounds like a bad RCA cable. Are you using two PAC-35's, one for the front and one for the rear?

Old 08-16-2016, 07:51 AM
Riveroger
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Bertk
Sounds like a bad RCA cable. Are you using two PAC-35's, one for the front and one for the rear?
Using 2 PAC-35 swapped RCA cables same issue.

Old 08-16-2016, 08:24 AM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Using 2 PAC-35 swapped RCA cables same issue.
When you say swapped, do you mean using the same RCA's just moving them from front to rear? Or did you use new RCA's?

Old 08-16-2016, 02:00 PM
Riveroger
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Bertk
When you say swapped, do you mean using the same RCA's just moving them from front to rear? Or did you use new RCA's?
Front to rear. The front channels sound tinny and the rear sound great . I am stumped

Old 08-16-2016, 02:56 PM
Babyboy
Stellar HDF Member
Received 469 Likes on 394 Posts

Front to rear. The front channels sound tinny and the rear sound great . I am stumped
How did you set The output voltage of the PAC SNI 35 to make sure they were the same?
Are the frequency switches on the amp both on full pass or High pass?

Edit
If the voltage is different from the LOC to amp you will have a different tone coming out of the amp to the speakers possibly causing the difference in sound even if the output voltage of the amp is set the same the input voltage to the amp via the LOC being off a little will cause a sound difference

Last edited by Babyboy; 08-16-2016 at 03:03 PM.

Quick Reply: Disappointed infinity Kappa 62.11i and Power acoustic RZ4-2000D