Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Focal?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2016, 06:32 PM
Greatsteaks
Road Master
Received 62 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Tailwind
Before u guys start tearing shix out of your sleds, how much time r u spending above 60?

Half way to Austin from H-Town with a big group and stopped cause the low beer light is flashing, but just checked my computer for average speed and it was 53 over 110 miles of riding. I'm more of a social rider so gonna target the speeds that I spend most of my time riding.

Yet another variable in this very dynamic thing called sled audio.

T.
T, your fine without lowers and I bet it sounds as good as it can at speed too! I'm thinking it's impossible to make one of these things sound GREAT at speed so might as well get them to sound GREAT parked. It's just cheaper to get as good as it can sound at speed then you can parked. Make any sense?

Old 06-09-2016, 07:29 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by Greatsteaks
T, your fine without lowers and I bet it sounds as good as it can at speed too! I'm thinking it's impossible to make one of these things sound GREAT at speed so might as well get them to sound GREAT parked. It's just cheaper to get as good as it can sound at speed then you can parked. Make any sense?
Totally makes sense. Just trying to make the point for us sheep that each and every one of us has a different riding style and average speed so as we chase the unicorn we need to be a bit more realistic about our individual targets. Mine is not 80. So the 80 mph test is somewhat irrelevant for me. It's more like 40-45 and I need to always keep that in mind as I tweak. More of a city slicker I guess.

T

Old 06-09-2016, 07:59 PM
Greatsteaks
Road Master
Received 62 Likes on 55 Posts

Totally makes sense. Just trying to make the point for us sheep that each and every one of us has a different riding style and average speed so as we chase the unicorn we need to be a bit more realistic about our individual targets. Mine is not 80. So the 80 mph test is somewhat irrelevant for me. It's more like 40-45 and I need to always keep that in mind as I tweak. More of a city slicker I guess.

T
I hear ya, am actually coming to my senses and realizing my 80mph unicorn is just a cat with a party hat on its head that already lives inside my bike. At 80 there is only so much I can get and might already have it. That being said, running speakers with the correct power is key for both as I just found out for myself.

Listen to me, talking like I actually know anything. Pretty sure you guys have said that a time or two but as soon as I prove it to myself I'm all of a sudden a pro, lol.

Ps, anyone who makes any changes or invests a penny based on anything I have said on this thread or any other is an idiot! Listen to the guys that have spent years and years at this, I have only been at it for a couple months. Guess I got carried away with excitement(doesn't take much) plus I drink!

Last edited by Greatsteaks; 06-09-2016 at 08:33 PM.
Old 06-09-2016, 09:48 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

^ but there's nothing like speaking from experience brother. Props for trying all sorts of configurations out and determining what works best for you vs. looking at some pics online and doing what everyone else did.

TW -- pick it up Grandma! You're slowing down traffic.

Old 06-09-2016, 10:33 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by haze324
^
TW -- pick it up Grandma! You're slowing down traffic.
Got chicks dropping their panties on the side of the road as I pass with my Miami top secret pimped audio system thus very tuff to get the speed cranked up!!! Gann's thumb drive he blessed me with only aggravates the situation.

Just sayin!!!

T.

Old 06-09-2016, 10:44 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,239 Likes on 1,002 Posts

Got chicks dropping their panties on the side of the road as I pass with my Miami top secret pimped audio system thus very tuff to get the speed cranked up!!! Gann's thumb drive he blessed me with only aggravates the situation. Just sayin!!! T.
You must be playin some of my panty droppin tunes!!!!!

Old 06-09-2016, 11:31 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by SBates08
You must be playin some of my panty droppin tunes!!!!!
Damn straight! U have created an effing monster!!!!!! And I appreciate it!

Thanks again for pulling me out of the weeds/ditch!!!

T.

Old 06-10-2016, 01:58 AM
sponger
Road Master
Received 78 Likes on 71 Posts

Whoa whoa whoa, im in southern california, home of the panty dropping music. Where the hell is my thumb drive of tunes?????

Old 06-10-2016, 02:14 AM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 273 Likes on 185 Posts

Caution should be used with this panty dropping music. Some panties should NOT be dropped. Let's add Tops to that as well. Use extreme caution!!!!

Old 06-11-2016, 05:54 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by slyedog
Caution should be used with this panty dropping music. Some panties should NOT be dropped. Let's add Tops to that as well. Use extreme caution!!!!
LMFAO!!! Now that's good!!

Quick Reply: Focal?