Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Arc '

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2016, 05:32 PM
Jim NT
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Arc 600.4 help!

So I was out riding today and my sound would go out for a few seconds, if I turned the volume down it would come back on. Amps new and the gain is set only 1/4 of the way. Only powering Milli 6.5's up front. I did turn the gain up on my Bt line leveler can that be causing a issue.

Last edited by Jim NT; 06-05-2016 at 05:35 PM.
Old 06-05-2016, 05:56 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim NT
So I was out riding today and my sound would go out for a few seconds, if I turned the volume down it would come back on. Amps new and the gain is set only 1/4 of the way. Only powering Milli 6.5's up front. I did turn the gain up on my Bt line leveler can that be causing a issue.
What is the gain set to on the BT LL?

T

Old 06-05-2016, 07:25 PM
Jim NT
Advanced

Originally Posted by Tailwind
What is the gain set to on the BT LL?

T
I turned the gain up almost all the way, lower then that the sound was crap.

Old 06-05-2016, 08:02 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim NT
I turned the gain up almost all the way, lower then that the sound was crap.
Man, if u go past the 1:45 position on the gains ur pushing distortion and that's no good for the speaks. All the way up is really really no good.

Cave man style solution (my specialty):

Pop the hood and first make sure u did not confuse the Gains for the HPF. The HPF is on the flat top part of the LL where the yellow stickers are. Make sure those are set exactly on the default lines.

The gains are on the end and first turn those all the way to the left or counter clockwise. Turn the sled on acc and get your favorite song playing at 3/4 volume. Keep in mind that u won't hear shix because the gains are all the way down. Slowly turn the gains up to anywhere between the 12:30 to 1:30 position where u will probably hear some speaker distortion w ur favorite song playing. Turn the gains back down a tad and u should be good to go.

If that does not work, u might have other issues, like blowed up speakers.

T.

Old 06-05-2016, 08:17 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

He's got an Arc 600.4.....

you need to set your gains on the amp, not the LL. I did one of these not too long ago. Also make sure you battery is charged. I would leave BT355 in the stock position and adjust the gains on your amp, that's what they are there for! If you have a DMM, use the sticky on the homepage to figure out your voltage. For that amp it should be around 24 volts with the bike running. Set your HPF around 60-80hz and let it rip.

Old 06-05-2016, 08:29 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 273 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by haze324
He's got an Arc 600.4.....

you need to set your gains on the amp, not the LL. I did one of these not too long ago. Also make sure you battery is charged. I would leave BT355 in the stock position and adjust the gains on your amp, that's what they are there for! If you have a DMM, use the sticky on the homepage to figure out your voltage. For that amp it should be around 24 volts with the bike running. Set your HPF around 60-80hz and let it rip.
Here is a tip on the arc. Running or not vac output does not change. I have verified this myself after arc told me it was that way. The Regulated power supply produced same output .I checked with both meter and scope. Nothing changes.

Old 06-05-2016, 08:34 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by slyedog
Here is a tip on the arc. Running or not vac output does not change. I have verified this myself after arc told me it was that way. The Regulated power supply produced same output .I checked with both meter and scope. Nothing changes.
Man you know I checked the VAC and distortion with the bike off and hit 150w on the money and was left scratching my head. That works though....for juice in the parking lot!!!

Old 06-05-2016, 08:39 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 273 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by haze324
Man you know I checked the VAC and distortion with the bike off and hit 150w on the money and was left scratching my head. That works though....for juice in the parking lot!!!
For us" without "the stock Rushmore units we can do whatever. I tend to overlook that bin file crap on the Rushmore units that need the bike on, or does the line leveler prevent that period.

Old 06-05-2016, 08:42 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

It's supposed to fix either on off bin crap. Essentially it's a three way filter so even if the dsp changes the "eq" (on or off) the filters keep the signal flattened.

Old 06-05-2016, 09:26 PM
Jim NT
Advanced

Thanks for all the info, I did turn the gains up on the LL not the hpf. I'm going to put the LL back to the stock setting and the adjust the gain on my amp. The only reason I touched the gain on my LL was because before I touched it I had to turn my amp gain to just pass half way to start getting decent sound and volume, I thought that was kind of high and I wasn't getting good sound. With the LL gains up and the amp gain lower it does sound good but shuts down.

Quick Reply: Arc '