Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audio distortion on rear speakers.

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2016, 12:27 PM
LL247
Former Sponsor
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey guys, sorry about my customer service derailing the thread for a bit. I have been overwhelmed and business has ramped up far more than I thought. Unfortunately I need to hire someone with audio knowledge and that's hard to come by, so I have a gentleman by the name of Anthony that I'm training to help relieve some of the back up. My other guy, Adam, is only here to mind the store while I'm buried in the garage.

I strive to offer the best service as mentioned by a few others above, I'm trying to keep up! Max and I were able to speak a couple days ago about his issue, even offered to send him a 4.3 head unit in my garage that's running the older software to try out. Please guys, be a little patient, I go out of my way to take care of forum guys first as some here can attest to that. Problem is working from 9am to 3am every single day isn't enough to keep up. Anyone that needs to get in touch with me either send a PM through the forum, a direct email, or call the shop (can even text if you'd like). Anyone going through email on my website, I'm not getting all of them through but have been too busy to dig into it.

I haven't had any 692 issues other than one forum member fried a pair that I replaced under warranty. Just put a set in a member's 15 RG with Mille in front off the BT4180 and it sounded great!

OK, I will derail this thread no longer! Ride safe guys!

The following 2 users liked this post by LL247:
Max-T (06-04-2016), Wideglide103 (06-04-2016)
Old 06-04-2016, 12:43 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

From hobby to providing employment for others.....that's awesome in so many ways.

Here's an idea ---- put Gannicus on retainer and have him field your customer service calls/emails!

Old 06-04-2016, 01:21 PM
Max-T
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Guys Thanks to everyone for there help. Special Thanks to Jason! Awesome guy very helpful! He went above and beyond offering to send me a extra head unit he had is his garage. That's service!
Just to give to a run down. I triple checked the polarity from the amp back to the speakers. Everything ok, then then tried reversing the RCAs from the LLs no change.
then did the 1.19.0 update and did a reset and a Big difference in SQ!
Now before I close this faring back up. Is their and adjustments that would be recommended for the LLs?
Thanks again!!

Old 06-04-2016, 04:00 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by Max-T
Hi Guys Thanks to everyone for there help. Special Thanks to Jason! Awesome guy very helpful! He went above and beyond offering to send me a extra head unit he had is his garage. That's service!
Just to give to a run down. I triple checked the polarity from the amp back to the speakers. Everything ok, then then tried reversing the RCAs from the LLs no change.
then did the 1.19.0 update and did a reset and a Big difference in SQ!
Now before I close this faring back up. Is their and adjustments that would be recommended for the LLs?
Thanks again!!
Great stuff Max!!! Dive in on the other thread titled SMD DD1 / O Scope Rushmore and I'm thinking a few guys will be able to dive in a bit on recommended settings and how to verify them.

Just let the thread know what ur set up is and hopefully we can do some simple math in public that will get u some optimum settings.

T.

Old 06-04-2016, 04:13 PM
LL247
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by haze324
From hobby to providing employment for others.....that's awesome in so many ways.

Here's an idea ---- put Gannicus on retainer and have him field your customer service calls/emails!
Dude, that's a DREAM right there! Yeah, I'm really trying to grow but am also trying to keep the customer service level high. Don't want to be like some of the other guys that are just trying to make a buck and don't care. I've seen a few guys rise in the industry and peddle whatever makes them the most profit, can't stand that. Cool thing is my buddy Anthony that I hired is so passionate about the audio and learning it's awesome. Trying to teach him and keep him reading on the forum to learn as much as possible. To see that passion like we have for audio is cool, even better that he wants to make it a career move.

Max-T...AWESOME! I was really hoping it was something simple like that. Thanks for the kind word and once again, my apologies on the frustration from my delayed response man, truly sorry about that.

Old 06-04-2016, 07:34 PM
Greatsteaks
Road Master
Received 62 Likes on 55 Posts

Owning a business is a double edged sword, I feel your growing pains. Just don't ever loose the passion! I'll be placing an order as soon as an other bike related expense is in the rear view mirror. Till then keep growing, just surround yourself with the right people even if it costs a little more to have the right people because in the end they will pay for themselves and then some!

Old 06-06-2016, 10:51 AM
LL247
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Greatsteaks
Owning a business is a double edged sword, I feel your growing pains. Just don't ever loose the passion! I'll be placing an order as soon as an other bike related expense is in the rear view mirror. Till then keep growing, just surround yourself with the right people even if it costs a little more to have the right people because in the end they will pay for themselves and then some!

I'm trying man! Just had a meeting yesterday and 90% sure I'll be moving into a much larger building in September. A lot more retail space, service area, and a nice spot with a sound room for demo and experimentation. I've definitely been surrounding myself with the right guys, helping one out that just recently developed the passion, another who's trying to get his own custom/fab shop going that I'm working with...good business with good people, that's the key!

After my first bike night last Wednesday and watching jaws hit the ground looks like local business will be ramping up!