Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audio distortion on rear speakers.

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2016, 11:50 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 273 Likes on 185 Posts

Jason's (LL247) business has really soared recently. As said as a one man band he has only so much time. I have purchased and spoken with him on many occasions. Have nothing but great things to say. Now if you have install issues if he had time he would try and assist. Same for product issues. But also consider your doing your own install so do your homework, know what to expect, and ask guys on here. We all have our knowledge and experience that is very vast that would gladly help and also give guys like Jason whom do us a great service a break from the little things. I surely hope you reconsider your opinion and judgement and know by MANY people the Jason is a honest, stand up businessman, which is rare in form anymore.

Old 06-02-2016, 09:03 AM
Wideglide103
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Max-T
Has anyone bought from LL247. I bought the arc Moto 692 from him Jason great guy to talk to you very knowledgeable but absolutely no service after the sale I've called him three times left messages and sent an email absolutely no response. Terrible customer service so buyer be aware!

Similar experience here as well. I first contacted him this past Saturday (a holiday weekend mind you) thru PM's on this site, which he responded to. I was very impressed with that as I assume his business was probably closed for the holiday. He had asked that we speak via phone and try to set something up on Tuesday, so I sent a PM with a tentative time for Tuesday, and that's where things kinda fell apart. No response from there to my calls or pm's. I have called and left message and sent PM's with no response. Very disappointed with that, but I do know he said he was very busy working on customers bikes, and he was hosting his first Bike Nite on Wednesday. Kinda makes me feel unimportant, but hey, I try to put myself in his shoes too, he has to prioritize as well. Unfortunately for me, I had an amp and speakers in my cart with biketronics for the holiday sale, which I now missed. Poor planning on my part I guess. Gonna have to find some patience and wait for the next sale.

Old 06-02-2016, 09:09 AM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by Wideglide103
Similar experience here as well. I first contacted him this past Saturday (a holiday weekend mind you) thru PM's on this site, which he responded to. I was very impressed with that as I assume his business was probably closed for the holiday. He had asked that we speak via phone and try to set something up on Tuesday, so I sent a PM with a tentative time for Tuesday, and that's where things kinda fell apart. No response from there to my calls or pm's. I have called and left message and sent PM's with no response. Very disappointed with that, but I do know he said he was very busy working on customers bikes, and he was hosting his first Bike Nite on Wednesday. Kinda makes me feel unimportant, but hey, I try to put myself in his shoes too, he has to prioritize as well. Unfortunately for me, I had an amp and speakers in my cart with biketronics for the holiday sale, which I now missed. Poor planning on my part I guess. Gonna have to find some patience and wait for the next sale.
Call BT. I bet you 2 beers that they will honor the sale price.

T

Old 06-02-2016, 01:51 PM
Max-T
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slyedog
Jason's (LL247) business has really soared recently. As said as a one man band he has only so much time. I have purchased and spoken with him on many occasions. Have nothing but great things to say. Now if you have install issues if he had time he would try and assist. Same for product issues. But also consider your doing your own install so do your homework, know what to expect, and ask guys on here. We all have our knowledge and experience that is very vast that would gladly help and also give guys like Jason whom do us a great service a break from the little things. I surely hope you reconsider your opinion and judgement and know by MANY people the Jason is a honest, stand up businessman, which is rare in form anymore.
Hi. I didn't come here to tick anybody off or to badmouth anyone. As I stated earlier I thought he was a good guy I enjoyed talking to Him. He seem to have a wealth of knowledge. Bottom line is I bought a product that came highly recommended to me I installed it and it sounds like hammered Sh#t. I'm trying to figure out why and that's why I turned to this forum any help would be greatly appreciated

Old 06-02-2016, 01:58 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Max-T
Hi. I didn't come here to tick anybody off or to badmouth anyone. As I stated earlier I thought he was a good guy I enjoyed talking to Him. He seem to have a wealth of knowledge. Bottom line is I bought a product that came highly recommended to me I installed it and it sounds like hammered Sh#t. I'm trying to figure out why and that's why I turned to this forum any help would be greatly appreciated
Now we're cooking with peanut oil. What is your system and lets be in depth about it. Head unit, amp/amps, all speakers, etc. We can go from there.

Old 06-02-2016, 02:11 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

"Hi I have a 2015 SGS with stock HU with BT 4180 amp 7.1 speakers with LL in the fairing and Newly purchased Arc moto 692 6x9s with LL in the lids. At half volume or more I'm getting distortion from the rear speakers. I have not adjusted the LL they are at factory settings.: Any idea what is causing this distortion? Thanks for your help. "

I think this was your initial post. I think we all understand folks and businesses get busy, but with the saying the customer is always right (and the customer always is right) spending the loot this guy just did and then getting no support for it when it sounds like crap sucks. I don't care who he brought it from. All good --- we're here to help.

A few things I would check first.

1. How did you wire the rears? Did you use the breakout out harness or run new wires to the back. I believe there was a post were the harness was wired incorrectly. Also make sure your polarity on the 6X9's is correct. It's opposite of the BT's. (small one is negative).

2. If that doesn't work have you tried swapping the RCA leads from the front channels to rear channels and see if the problem moves?

Old 06-02-2016, 02:12 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,239 Likes on 1,002 Posts

Pretty sure the problem is gonna be your flash as mentioned earlier in this thread.

Old 06-02-2016, 02:17 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by slyedog
Now we're cooking with peanut oil. What is your system and lets be in depth about it. Head unit, amp/amps, all speakers, etc. We can go from there.
Going back to the beginning I see now you have a 4180. Now what you likely hear is distortion. Your line levelers are your only source of gain control. Downside is they are the input gain. If you have a dmm you need to find out what your vac out is on the channels feeding the arc and likely bring the line levelers down some and may need to adjust the xover by ear. I have no experience with Rushmore head units just have used loc over the years. Not fan but sometimes the only choice. Also check your polarity and check it again after that. I'm leaning towards that as a first place to start. Damn Haze beat me to it while I was typing and thinking.

Old 06-02-2016, 02:19 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

what "flash" do you have?

Old 06-02-2016, 02:24 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,239 Likes on 1,002 Posts

Originally Posted by haze324
what "flash" do you have?
He's running the 1.19.2

Quick Reply: Audio distortion on rear speakers.