Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1.19.0 vs 1.19.2

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2016 | 04:55 AM
billablehours
Tourer

I need to get out on the road with mine. Looks like rain for the next few days though. In the garage it sounded much better.
By "tighter", I agree the bass hits harder and less muddy. I actually turned my treble up a notch which I couldn't before without just sounding to mid-tinny. Thanks for the heads up folks.

The following users liked this post:
danfor (05-25-2016)
Old 05-25-2016 | 09:54 AM
danfor
1st Gear
Default help with going back to 1.19.0

I currently have the newest firmware version on my '15 RGS and want to change it back like everyone is recommending.

Ok so I've done it before but I have having a hard time getting the 1.19.0 firmware update saved properly to a thumb drive so my bike will do the update.

I see the link that was posted "https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B-G2Tb_sfrnUdFJFZkddnk1dW8&usp=sharing", I tried downloading .0 to computer and loading on thumb drive and it won't work. I see there are 2 files, am I suppose to load both onto the thumb drive? Do I need to "unzip" them, if so how do I do it??

Please give me step by step instructions, I'm obviously messing something up???

thank you in advance!!!!

Old 05-25-2016 | 11:17 AM
indiggio
Cruiser

Originally Posted by danfor
I currently have the newest firmware version on my '15 RGS and want to change it back like everyone is recommending.

Ok so I've done it before but I have having a hard time getting the 1.19.0 firmware update saved properly to a thumb drive so my bike will do the update.

I see the link that was posted "https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B-G2Tb_sfrnUdFJFZkddnk1dW8&usp=sharing", I tried downloading .0 to computer and loading on thumb drive and it won't work. I see there are 2 files, am I suppose to load both onto the thumb drive? Do I need to "unzip" them, if so how do I do it??

Please give me step by step instructions, I'm obviously messing something up???

thank you in advance!!!!
Open the zip file and extract just the .iso file to the root directory of your USB stick. You don't need the .txt file.

You should just be able to drag/drop the .iso file from the zip view right to your USB stick.

The following users liked this post:
danfor (05-25-2016)
Old 05-25-2016 | 09:20 PM
Babyboy
Stellar HDF Member

You have to make sure you use at least a 8g flash drive anything lower will not work

Old 05-25-2016 | 10:32 PM
danfor
1st Gear

Originally Posted by indiggio
Open the zip file and extract just the .iso file to the root directory of your USB stick. You don't need the .txt file.

You should just be able to drag/drop the .iso file from the zip view right to your USB stick.
thanks for the info!! I've done it before but didn't have to extract the file. I am still doing something wrong unfortunately??? I don't think I am extracting the file properly, about how large would the extracted file be, after I try to extract it it is still only 800-900gb?
I am selecting the file then right clicking and selecting "extract all", then save an put that file on a thumb drive(8gb or larger).

thanks again for your help!!

Old 05-26-2016 | 04:29 AM
indiggio
Cruiser

Originally Posted by danfor
thanks for the info!! I've done it before but didn't have to extract the file. I am still doing something wrong unfortunately??? I don't think I am extracting the file properly, about how large would the extracted file be, after I try to extract it it is still only 800-900gb?
I am selecting the file then right clicking and selecting "extract all", then save an put that file on a thumb drive(8gb or larger).

thanks again for your help!!
I think that it's impossible for you to have installed it without extracting the file, as I'm pretty sure the installer on the bike looks for .iso file to be present.

Regardless, after the iso has been extracted, it should be 944MB (990,089,216 bytes).

Yes, after you have extracted the file, drag/drop the iso over to the root of your USB stick. I think it needs to be the ONLY file in the root directory on the stick.

Also, don't change the name or the extension (.iso) when placing it on the drive.

Old 05-26-2016 | 04:30 AM
billablehours
Tourer

It is a big file. I can't remember exactly but it takes a little while to download and extract. The difference is worth the effort in my opinion. Keep trying.

Old 05-26-2016 | 05:57 PM
danfor
1st Gear

THANKS FOR THE HELP GUYS, I GOT IT!!!

I was changing the file name when I saved it to my desktop, I guess that was the problem.

I'm not noticing much of a difference after listening right away but I'll give it some time and see how I like it.

Thanks again!!!

Old 05-27-2016 | 03:25 PM
ncpi
Advanced

Can someone post a link to the 1.19.0 for a CVO please? The version on the Google drive will not install......

Old 05-28-2016 | 06:04 AM
billablehours
Tourer

Keep trying. You need to unzip and extract the files. They will install.

Quick Reply: 1.19.0 vs 1.19.2