Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6.5 Speakers with good bass?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2016, 03:12 PM
Gliden
Club Member
Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

The 602 moto's in my lowers with the Sound Stream 1000D amp as Giannius recommended (biketronics pro series in the fairing) are simply lovely. The system has clarity, power, and plenty of volume at 80 mph like nothing I've ever had before. Rockers are only good if you want to play your radio in your garage or at the javits bike show. I also added a 10 inch windshield which additionally helps. I had an 8 inh. I went a tad higher. I too thank Giannius, Haze specifically for helping me numerous times. Time and time again with my dumb questions. Lol
You guys rule.

Old 05-14-2016, 09:16 PM
Baeseman1
Elite HDF Member
Received 99 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Bertk
The BT 7.1's (non pro) are a good speaker and a good bang for the buck.

If you are looking for bass the Arc Moto 602's are a good choice but will need adapters to fit such as these from V-twin Audio.
Exactly what I'm going to go with once I pull the trigger. Know anyone with that set up?

Old 05-14-2016, 09:59 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by Baeseman1
Exactly what I'm going to go with once I pull the trigger. Know anyone with that set up?
Yes, on my 2015 Ultra. A few other have the same setup.

Old 05-14-2016, 10:18 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Baeseman1
Check out the classifieds. BT7.1 speakers and brackets for sale.

Old 05-15-2016, 01:34 AM
02BlueDeuce
Tourer
Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Very informative thread, especially for a musically challenged individual such as myself. I would love to see a little more bass but unlike the majority of you I only have uppers on my 14 SGS. Currently running the typical RF PBR 300x2 and Infinity Kappas w/BT line levelers. Is there a set up anyone would recommend for about $1k that would get me anymore bass than my current setup? And I understand the limitations of the 6.5 speaker and bass. Just trying to find if I can get anymore by changing out the speakers or amp or both that I am presently running. Thanks for any responses, I really appreciate any input.

Old 05-15-2016, 07:05 AM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by 02BlueDeuce
Very informative thread, especially for a musically challenged individual such as myself. I would love to see a little more bass but unlike the majority of you I only have uppers on my 14 SGS. Currently running the typical RF PBR 300x2 and Infinity Kappas w/BT line levelers. Is there a set up anyone would recommend for about $1k that would get me anymore bass than my current setup? And I understand the limitations of the 6.5 speaker and bass. Just trying to find if I can get anymore by changing out the speakers or amp or both that I am presently running. Thanks for any responses, I really appreciate any input.
The Kappas are damn good bang for the buck speakers but it sounds like it's time take the leap to the next tier of speakers, enter BT, ARC, Hertz, Focal, JL Audio, etc.
Recently you have seen a trend of several folks banging the audio forum drum regarding the Focal KRC and this is the result of a $600 or $700 speaker being put on clearances prices thus entering this next tier of speakers. For $300 bucks, you will not find a better SQ speaker for the 2014 SGS fairing than the Focal KRC. If u missed the clearance pricing then the 2016 model of these speaks retails at $799 so the conversation then makes a dramatic turn and I would consider adding additional speakers long before paying the $799 for a set of speaks. I do think u can get the KRC on Crutch or Sonic for about $500 but at that price the bang for the buck argument will heat up dramatically.

Shop hard for this $300 deal and if u nail them down, pick up a BT2180 with the BT speaker brackets and u will have done very well for your 1k or under budget.

Hint: eBay "Focal KRC 165 RudieMods"
RudieMods is vetted authorized Focal dealer in the UK.

T.

Old 05-15-2016, 11:01 AM
chgofirefighter
Road Master
Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

I want to try those Arc Motos 602's but I've been told that they sound a bit too bright. Anyone cares to elaborate on this? Also, the hogtunes speaker lids which is made to fit a 6X9 speaker I was told that certain 6X9 speakers don't make the clearance, such as the BT 6X9 and that you need some sort of spacer or bracket? Anyone care to chime on this too?

Thanks~

Old 05-15-2016, 11:08 AM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

Dude where are you reading or who is telling you this nonsense? The motos are the least brightest speakers of any of the ones discussed on this forum.

Last edited by haze324; 05-15-2016 at 11:10 AM.
Old 05-15-2016, 11:15 AM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by 02BlueDeuce
It looks like the UK deals have dried up. You could check with LL247 he's a Focal dealer and has great prices on all his products. I would recommend the BT speaker brackets. There's a excellent high quality amp for sale in the classifieds that would run most quality speakers in bridged mode very well. I am just not 100% sure it would fit the under the Rushmore fairing but you would have to check with Slye.

One of the best bang for the buck plug & play systems is the BT 7.1 speakers and 2180 amp kit. This kit comes with everything you need for about $750. This would be a big improvement over what you have now. To my ears the 7.1's have some nice mid-bass to them and are warm and loud. Others think there bright.

Old 05-15-2016, 11:17 AM
Gliden
Club Member
Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Agreed Haze. The Motos definitely behave less bright.

Quick Reply: 6.5 Speakers with good bass?