Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

audios system

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2016, 09:47 AM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by Gannicus
lol. . . Where in the hell is JM Andy when you need him? These are the type of issues that need to be addressed by the vendor.
JM has the same business model a HD. Don't fix anything. Sell them an upgrade...

Old 05-09-2016, 03:59 PM
tydaniels
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

appreciate the replys; I was leaning towards Biketronics, guess I'll go that route. Anyone want to buy a J&M system; I'll give you a good deal

Old 05-10-2016, 07:41 AM
mjohnson68
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would say Focal's are the best speakers out there. And as for amps the JL Audio or new Arc Moto amp is supposed to be badass. But yes you are going to have 2k in speakers and amp.

Old 05-10-2016, 08:44 AM
pdevore
Tourer
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by mjohnson68
I would say Focal's are the best speakers out there. And as for amps the JL Audio or new Arc Moto amp is supposed to be badass. But yes you are going to have 2k in speakers and amp.
Heck,
He would have $2K or more into his JM system with flashes and sending in the head unit for work and still have a system that doesn't compare to BT or a Focal and Arc system.

Old 05-10-2016, 08:50 AM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by tydaniels
appreciate the replys; I was leaning towards Biketronics, guess I'll go that route. Anyone want to buy a J&M system; I'll give you a good deal
The BT4180 is a great amp!!!! Get the BT fairing pod replacement brackets as part of that package. Call them for forum discount pricing.

Shop for speakers. There are some really damn good prices on great speakers right now so take the time and do right by your ears the first time.

BT speakers are getting a wide range of reviews. Some luv them, for others not so much. The BT Pro 7.1s get good reviews by most but a little pricey.

If it were me I would get the Focal KRC 165s on clearance for the fairing and the Moto 692 for the lids at forum pricing and be done. I would also consider the Focal or Hertz product for the lids if ur gonna want the best SQ, but think ur gonna want bass thus Moto 692 wins the bass race.

T.

Old 05-10-2016, 08:58 PM
SunDevil01
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I installed the 4180, BT 7.1 (not pros) and Arc Moto 692s and was pretty much satisfied. I did find the BT 7.1 speakers a little 'bright' but clear and loud. Since I haven't had my fairing off in the last two weeks I decided to order Focal 165 KRCs to see how they sound in the fairing.

Then maybe I'll get lowers. Or something else.

Old 05-10-2016, 09:11 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 273 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by tydaniels
Anyone want to buy a J&M system; I'll give you a good deal
I'll start the bidding at -99¢ and free shipping.

Old 05-10-2016, 09:17 PM
pdevore
Tourer
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by slyedog
I'll start the bidding at -99¢ and free shipping.
I love that you even asked him to pay you $0.99. I will move up and offer all he has to do is ship to me.
Heck, If someone wants to send me a set of JM for an ultra I will install them on my fathers bike just to park it next to mine and play both at the same time and record it.

Old 05-10-2016, 09:43 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 273 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by pdevore
I love that you even asked him to pay you $0.99. I will move up and offer all he has to do is ship to me.
Heck, If someone wants to send me a set of JM for an ultra I will install them on my fathers bike just to park it next to mine and play both at the same time and record it.
Worth it for a video of the worlds most powerful amp vs a Case end loader bucket!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-11-2016, 11:56 AM
Vision
Road Captain
Received 109 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by SunDevil01
I installed the 4180, BT 7.1 (not pros) and Arc Moto 692s and was pretty much satisfied. I did find the BT 7.1 speakers a little 'bright' but clear and loud. Since I haven't had my fairing off in the last two weeks I decided to order Focal 165 KRCs to see how they sound in the fairing.

Then maybe I'll get lowers. Or something else.
That's my exact setup and I'm pretty sure you will like like it. There's a video in one of my threads that will give you an idea of how it will all sound. Listen with headphones. I will soon modify things to run all front speakers off the 4180 and will be adding a Bridged RF t400x4ad to the rear in order to get some lower frequencies out of 692s; this weekend if I get some time. As is, the system sounds pretty damn good! These guys turned me into a unicorn Chaser! LOL! Love this Audio forum!

Quick Reply: audios system