Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weird audio problem on a Rushmore

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2016, 12:31 PM
arthur
Road Master
Received 56 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Weird audio problem on a Rushmore

Hey there,

Got a 2016 RGS and have been using a Usb connected iPod almost exclusively. When I first got it I connected my iPhone a couple of times, never user the radio. I don't even have the antennae installed anymore.

Here's the issue:

I'll be riding along and suddenly I won't hear any music for about 2 seconds, then it's back on. Happens on every ride. I'd say once an hour or so. I notice it on straight and smooth roads, so not due to hitting bumps. I get not static when it goes on or off, does not seem like a short, but don't know.

I did have an amp professionally installed but this happens prior to the amp as well.

Bike is of course still under warranty but wanted to know if anyone else has had this problem: if it's a known software bug or what before taking to the dealer. Want to be as prepared as I can be.

I'm anticipating hearing the dealer say:

If it's a bug or a know issue then I'm fine. It does not really bother me, I want to get it checked out cause I don't want problems further down the road.

Thanks
    A

Old 04-24-2016, 01:22 PM
    Greatsteaks
    Road Master
    Received 62 Likes on 55 Posts

Do you cave a CB?
    I had that happen when I either had my CB volume all the way down(its independent) and the squelch opens or when I have it set to my headset and I'm not wearing a helmet. Also when my phone is connected to Bluetooth and I'm not listening to it, if I get a message or email, my volume will lower then come back.

Last edited by Greatsteaks; 04-24-2016 at 01:28 PM.
    Old 04-24-2016, 01:35 PM
    arthur
    Road Master

No on the CB. Ever get yours sorted out?

Old 04-24-2016, 01:38 PM
    Greatsteaks
    Road Master

Originally Posted by arthur
    No on the CB. Ever get yours sorted out?
    Get what sorted out?

Old 04-24-2016, 01:48 PM
    Covert Olds
    Road Captain
    Received 109 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Greatsteaks
    Do you cave a CB?
    I had that happen when I either had my CB volume all the way down(its independent) and the squelch opens or when I have it set to my headset and I'm not wearing a helmet. Also when my phone is connected to Bluetooth and I'm not listening to it, if I get a message or email, my volume will lower then come back.
    Originally Posted by Greatsteaks
    Get what sorted out?
    I believe he was asking about this.

Old 04-24-2016, 01:56 PM
    Greatsteaks
    Road Master

Originally Posted by Covert Olds
    I believe he was asking about this.
    Nothing to sort out, that's the way it's suppose to work. When the CB is on and a signal opens the squelch it mutes the radio, same with Bluetooth messages when you have them set to on. My problem was pilot error.

Old 04-24-2016, 02:45 PM
    Tailwind
    Ultimate HDF Member
    Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Get into that setup screen and turn all of these prompts off, to include Nav prompts. In many cases these prompts are direct to the intercom / headset thus the speaker goes silent v hearing the prompt over the speaker.

Good luck!!!!

T.

Old 04-25-2016, 08:53 PM
    arthur
    Road Master

Originally Posted by Tailwind
    Get into that setup screen and turn all of these prompts off, to include Nav prompts. In many cases these prompts are direct to the intercom / headset thus the speaker goes silent v hearing the prompt over the speaker.

Good luck!!!!

T.
    Thanks for that. Going to give t a try this weekend.

Old 04-26-2016, 07:27 AM
    InthewindMN
    Outstanding HDF Member
    Received 238 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by arthur
    Hey there,

Got a 2016 RGS and have been using a Usb connected iPod almost exclusively. When I first got it I connected my iPhone a couple of times, never user the radio. I don't even have the antennae installed anymore.

Here's the issue:

I'll be riding along and suddenly I won't hear any music for about 2 seconds, then it's back on. Happens on every ride. I'd say once an hour or so. I notice it on straight and smooth roads, so not due to hitting bumps. I get not static when it goes on or off, does not seem like a short, but don't know.

I did have an amp professionally installed but this happens prior to the amp as well.

Bike is of course still under warranty but wanted to know if anyone else has had this problem: if it's a known software bug or what before taking to the dealer. Want to be as prepared as I can be.

I'm anticipating hearing the dealer say:

If it's a bug or a know issue then I'm fine. It does not really bother me, I want to get it checked out cause I don't want problems further down the road.

Thanks
      A
      I've noticed this on my 14 also. Sometimes I think it's from my phone notifications coming thru Bluetooth even tho it's playing iPod.

Old 04-29-2016, 06:10 PM
      arthur
      Road Master

Turned off all nav prompts and unpaired my phone. Went for a ride and it's still happening. Going to ride again tomorrow after double checking prompts are off. Will also swap out usb cable and check to see if that's it. Then will swap out audio source and see if that does it. Still have a feeling it's a setting.

Quick Reply: Weird audio problem on a Rushmore