Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hertz hdp4 amplifier

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2016, 09:29 PM
pdevore
Tourer
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by haze324
While 6X9's will provide more low end than 5X7's (most of the time) I don't think you'll find a huge difference by just swapping speakers. If your set up was producing more bass, your 5X7's would be distorting. Also, the Hertz speakers are warm sounding, but not real bass heavy speakers like the Arc Moto's for example. Also, the 4180 with no gains, and a built in filter combined with a line leveler that filters out frequencies to flatten the signal is just not going to give you a ton bass. You can try adjusting the HPF on the LL to see if it will pass thru more low end freqs without distortion, and like your other thread make sure you flash is correct.
Haze,
Im seriously considering gutting the whole system and starting over. I don't really like the thought of that but really after spending what I have on the system and going with quality components I'm just not happy.
What would you recommend to get more of the bass that I want? I even thought of just drivers in lowers. Possibly Mille Legends with a Arc 600.4.
Now that I've done the install and I am no longer "scared" of the install, I don't mind changing things up.
The only thing I will not do is cut holes in the sides of my bags or TP. I will not install 8" subs.

Thanks,

Old 04-16-2016, 10:42 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 273 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by pdevore
Haze,
Im seriously considering gutting the whole system and starting over. I don't really like the thought of that but really after spending what I have on the system and going with quality components I'm just not happy.
What would you recommend to get more of the bass that I want? I even thought of just drivers in lowers. Possibly Mille Legends with a Arc 600.4.
Now that I've done the install and I am no longer "scared" of the install, I don't mind changing things up.
The only thing I will not do is cut holes in the sides of my bags or TP. I will not install 8" subs.

Thanks,
If doing just drivers consider the spl line. They take a ton of power and are loud. The legends are great and are audiophile sound. They will hit hard but more elegant than the spl. Depends on sound your after. Neither will disappoint. I have mille legend components going in on my day off layer this week. I expect strong sound with precision and a good balance of a good midbass with the slight lower end but not full bass heavy. We will see as they are the same specs as the hi energy XL minus a dB or so of efficiency

Old 04-17-2016, 02:17 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by pdevore
Im interested how you like the Hertz 6x9's? I have the same amp, LL's, and 165KRC's. But I have the Focal 570's in the bags, Im not happy with the bass that I am getting. Wondering if I can get what I want from the Mille 690's.

Thanks
Switch those focal 570's out for the JL C5 570x speakers if you want bass. Done.