Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hertz Milli Pro Sound system

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2016, 01:41 PM
02rg97bb
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by haze324
Yeah I heard the video, that's why I was curious with the money spent why this vendor would recommend a lesser powered amp as I am fairly certain the Arc is not an analogue amp either and only cost a few bucks more, and puts out more power. I'm not knocking the set-up....I think it sounds good, install is very clean as well...but this forum is somewhat educational so if someone recommends one amp over an other it would be great to know WHY so that members can make an informed purchase.

I do think the fairing grill mod is tight work.
Cameron was the only vendor I talked too that didn't try to upsell me stuff I didn't need. I explained to him what I was looking for, what I expected from my sound system and this is what he said I should buy. Nearly every other vendor talked about horns and focals and DD audio but to get the sound I wanted, the supported frequency range obtained this was the only way. After listening to focal systems and DD audio systems I can guarantee it won't be this loud with this frequency range out of 2 pairs of 6.5 drivers and tweeters. The DD vo are loud but lack low end and upper tweeter range which must be paired with horns. The focal are loud but they do not support lower frequencies. Milli pro 165.3 and 165p.3 are my speakers. Woofer drivers go as low as 40hz and mid drivers go as low as 45hz. Plus the active crossover is a work of art with a lot of adjustment capability. If you wanna turn heads, have bass, and roll into a Harley party and everyone stop and look and like 15 people come ask you what you have and where the rest of the speakers are and ask to look in your bags cause they don't believe there aren't hidden speakers then this is the way to go.

Last edited by 02rg97bb; 05-01-2016 at 10:46 AM.
The following users liked this post:
yogi580 (01-06-2018)
Old 04-16-2016, 02:12 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by 02rg97bb
Cameron was the only vendor I talked too that didn't try to upsell me stuff I didn't need. I explained to him what I was looking for, what I expected from my sound system and this is what he said I should buy. Nearly every other vendor talked about horns and focals and DD audio but to get the sound I wanted, the supported frequency range obtained this was the only way. After listening to focal systems and DD audio systems I can guarantee it won't be this loud with this frequency range out of 2 pairs of 6.5 drivers and tweeters. The DD vo are loud but lack low end and upper tweeter range which must be paired with horns. The Hertz are loud but they do not support lower frequencies. Milli pro 165.3 and 165p.3 are my speakers. Woofer drivers go as low as 40hz and mid drivers go as low as 45hz. Plus the active crossover is a work of art with a lot of adjustment capability. If you wanna turn heads, have bass, and roll into a Harley party and everyone stop and look and like 15 people come ask you what you have and where the rest of the speakers are and ask to look in your bags cause they don't believe there aren't hidden speakers then this is the way to go.
Thank you for the insightful post! Like I said I wasn't trying to knock your set-up, i was hoping to generate some information just like this one. I agree 100%; I had the DD VO and they didn't last a week on my bike. 6.5's and 8's both gone! Why --- like you said: NO BASS. Yet you see people posting videos online swearing by these but it's not a complete story. Your post above shares that info that is normally missing. I've had both the Arc and Diamond Audio amps and my honest opinion is that the Arc is louder but it's a very bright amp doesn't generate much low end thump -- crystal clear and loud, but doesn't hit hard (proper EQing on an aftermarket HU helps). The Diamond series is not as loud but just as clear and more musical. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited by haze324; 04-16-2016 at 04:12 PM.
02rg97bb (05-01-2016)
Old 04-16-2016, 04:11 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

OP --- now I remember your bike.

I think you're the guy that posted he had spoken with Cerwin and confirmed the B54 and the Micro4 were the exact same amp just different case and cost more. Now that you have the Micro4 do you still think they are the same amp?

Old 04-16-2016, 06:57 PM
02rg97bb
Advanced

Thank you for the insightful post! Like I said I wasn't trying to knock your set-up, i was hoping to generate some information just like this one. I agree 100%; I had the DD VO and they didn't last a week on my bike. 6.5's and 8's both gone! Why --- like you said: NO BASS. Yet you see people posting videos online swearing by these but it's not a complete story. Your post above shares that info that is normally missing. I've had both the Arc and Diamond Audio amps and my honest opinion is that the Arc is louder but it's a very bright amp doesn't generate much low end thump -- crystal clear and loud, but doesn't hit hard (proper EQing on an aftermarket HU helps). The Diamond series is not as loud but just as clear and more musical. Thanks for sharing.
I have no experience with arc but I can't imagine these tweeters being any brighter. I wasn't giving up on the features and stuff of the 6.5 boom. We use onboard intercom and stuff on long trips and I've had phone conversations and people thought I was in the car. My buddy has all DD audio pair of 6.5, pair of 6x9, pair of the b3 horns, and a pair of the ccx 8's all ran by a single b54 and it's crazy loud and it does thump but that's not vo 8's that's a sub with a horn tweeter mounted within the magnet. He has hit up to 127db on his dB mneter he bought. The vo must be matched up top and down low. I have had people ask where my 6x9 where and they were shocked now I won't say it thumos like a really hard hitting 6x9 but these are the hardest hitting 6.5 I've ever heard and again the widest frequency range on the market.

Last edited by 02rg97bb; 04-16-2016 at 07:02 PM.
Old 04-16-2016, 07:01 PM
02rg97bb
Advanced

OP --- now I remember your bike.

I think you're the guy that posted he had spoken with Cerwin and confirmed the B54 and the Micro4 were the exact same amp just different case and cost more. Now that you have the Micro4 do you still think they are the same amp?
Yes we spoke to a guy at cerwin that was on the development team and said same amp different case. Now I'll say we've installed 5, b54's on 2 bikes and my micro is still going strong (knock on wood) so I feel the b54 has a less rigorous QC process. So if you buy the B54 make sure it's backed by cerwin. Make sure you have factory warranty. Pretty good chance you'll use it.

Old 04-16-2016, 09:33 PM
09baggerdude
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 02rg97bb
Yes we spoke to a guy at cerwin that was on the development team and said same amp different case. Now I'll say we've installed 5, b54's on 2 bikes and my micro is still going strong (knock on wood) so I feel the b54 has a less rigorous QC process. So if you buy the B54 make sure it's backed by cerwin. Make sure you have factory warranty. Pretty good chance you'll use it.
Really curious to how this is wired?The 4v2 only being 80x4, but bridged 300x2...care to share some insight? I just don't see 80 watts being as loud as your saying. Love to hear what ya got!!

Old 04-16-2016, 11:29 PM
02rg97bb
Advanced

Originally Posted by 09baggerdude
Really curious to how this is wired?The 4v2 only being 80x4, but bridged 300x2...care to share some insight? I just don't see 80 watts being as loud as your saying. Love to hear what ya got!!
Posted a facebookn link to a video of my done by owner of badazz bikes. There is more to speakers than just numbers there is also finding combinations that truly work together and the micro and the milli pro make a wicked couple. I'd imagine this is wired as usual but Hertz are 3ohm so better power out of amp than 4 ohm specs. And as with all CEA compliant amps power ratings are bare minium usually they produce way more. Unless your buying soundstream, power acoustic, boss audio, etc their ratings are junk.

Old 04-16-2016, 11:40 PM
02rg97bb
Advanced

And here is the link to the Facebook video that sold me. 1 pair of milli pro on an older rg. Just 1 pair of 6.5's.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...00006591395702

Old 04-17-2016, 09:13 AM
Moto Mike
Road Warrior
Received 122 Likes on 116 Posts

Nice... looks and sounds good!

02rg97bb (04-17-2016)