Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boom Stage 1 Speaker Without Amp

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2016, 09:35 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by HardRider1
Greatsteaks would you have a link to that ebay listing, its appreciated
There are a few quirks to using the cheapo adapters.

1. They do not come with grills and not many grills will fit. Most are to big. The Boom grills and the Focal grills fit.

2. They stick out and take up passenger room.

Using the Boom grills which I already had I ended up using anchor nuts and screws rather than the little rubber inserts. Just don't over tighten them or the plastic will crack. The spacers will work but take some time to install.

The V-Twin Audio adapters just screw in and have grills. I just hope they got the peeling paint problem is fixed.

Old 04-10-2016, 02:31 PM
HardRider1
Road Warrior
Received 91 Likes on 62 Posts

@Bertk, thanks for the insight, I was wondering that myself, pictures of pod speakers using spacers appear to impose on the passenger seat, which I certainly don't want. I looked at the way the Boom speakers fit and there is no spacer, I looked up the install instructions for the Boom speakers and they don't appear to need anything special and yet the speakers are 6.5" diameter, so how are they held in place? I do really like the Boom grills, I found the part numbers for them and will be looking to go that route, just hope they fit on the BT 6.5" Titan II's. The rear grill are $19 ea and the front are $39.

All the spacers I looked at on Ebay either look way too thick or are not for the rear pods.

Kinda leads me to believe the rear pods will accept 6.5" speakers with not modifications at all????

Old 04-10-2016, 02:36 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

Depth is the issue.

There are some pretty good shallow mount 6.5's that will fit with no issues.

Old 04-10-2016, 02:57 PM
Greatsteaks
Road Master
Received 62 Likes on 55 Posts

The boom II speakers fit because they are shallow. I have Alpine SPR 60's in my rear pods and they drop right in, they are suppose to be the best speaker that will fit with no mods according to BT. They are leaps and bounds better then stock, but the BT6.5's I had in my fairing sound way better then the alpines. In the rear pods I want the loudest speakers I can get in there so my wife can hear them. I'm going with the cheap spacers and the BT6.5's and let her tell me what she likes better. If the spacers infringe on her space bothers her more then the sound quality is worth I'll go back to the Alpine's. If she likes the BT6.5's better then I'll try either moto 602's(which I believe need a spacer) and or Focal KRC 165's and again let her decide. At that point I'll decide if the vtwin audio solid spacers will be worth it. At highway speed the rear pods do very little for me.

Old 04-10-2016, 04:07 PM
HardRider1
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Greatsteaks
The boom II speakers fit because they are shallow. I have Alpine SPR 60's in my rear pods and they drop right in, they are suppose to be the best speaker that will fit with no mods according to BT. They are leaps and bounds better then stock, but the BT6.5's I had in my fairing sound way better then the alpines. In the rear pods I want the loudest speakers I can get in there so my wife can hear them. I'm going with the cheap spacers and the BT6.5's and let her tell me what she likes better. If the spacers infringe on her space bothers her more then the sound quality is worth I'll go back to the Alpine's. If she likes the BT6.5's better then I'll try either moto 602's(which I believe need a spacer) and or Focal KRC 165's and again let her decide. At that point I'll decide if the vtwin audio solid spacers will be worth it. At highway speed the rear pods do very little for me.
Thanks for the feed back, so its either spacers for the speakers which use more depth or, speakers built for shallow mounting.....hmmmmm wonder how the kicker products work in that hole?

Old 04-10-2016, 10:11 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member

Thanks for the feed back, so its either spacers for the speakers which use more depth or, speakers built for shallow mounting.....hmmmmm wonder how the kicker products work in that hole?
These speakers will drop in without spacers.
Polk mm651
Kicker ksc 674
Alpine spr 60

Old 04-11-2016, 08:10 AM
HardRider1
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Bertk
These speakers will drop in without spacers.
Polk mm651
Kicker ksc 674
Alpine spr 60
Thanks Bertk for the added information, would you happen to know how much depth is available, most speaker manufacturers publish the depth needed when the speaker is top mounted.

Old 04-11-2016, 08:57 AM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member

Thanks Bertk for the added information, would you happen to know how much depth is available, most speaker manufacturers publish the depth needed when the speaker is top mounted.
Well I know the BT 6.5's and the Arc Moto 602's don't fit by just over 1/2".

Old 04-11-2016, 10:22 AM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Keep in mind that it is not only a depth issue so don't be fooled by just those specs. It's a combo of magnet diameter and depth.

T.

Old 04-11-2016, 10:44 AM
Greatsteaks
Road Master
Received 62 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Tailwind
Keep in mind that it is not only a depth issue so don't be fooled by just those specs. It's a combo of magnet diameter and depth.

T.
Yes, on the right pod the passanger audio/intercom controls can get in the way.

Quick Reply: Boom Stage 1 Speaker Without Amp