Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem with Biketronics amp

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2016, 07:44 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Yes, way to go on opening her up!

Another possibility is when the amp was installed at the dealer they mistakenly flashed the HU to include an Amp as they would when installing one of there Boom amps. Uniformly the only way to tell is to have the dealer hook the bike up to there computer and take a look. Withe the BT355 Line Levelers installed it should be set to stock, with NO amp installed, rear output and fade enabled.

And out of curiosity take a look at the adjustments on the Line Levelers and see if they are set to default before making any changes.

Here are a couple of pics of the default settings.

Attached Thumbnails Problem with Biketronics amp-dsc_0031.jpg   Problem with Biketronics amp-dsc_0037.jpg  
Old 04-11-2016, 09:39 PM
JimTJr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 52 Posts

I have not heard of any redesign of the BT amps that eliminates the LL, It would be silly for them to do that, when the same amp is used for all year bikes. And the 14 and up are the only ones that need the LL, I am afraid you misunderstood something....

Old 04-11-2016, 09:41 PM
JimTJr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Bertk
Yes, way to go on opening her up!

Another possibility is when the amp was installed at the dealer they mistakenly flashed the HU to include an Amp as they would when installing one of there Boom amps. Uniformly the only way to tell is to have the dealer hook the bike up to there computer and take a look. Withe the BT355 Line Levelers installed it should be set to stock, with NO amp installed, rear output and fade enabled.

And out of curiosity take a look at the adjustments on the Line Levelers and see if they are set to default before making any changes.

Here are a couple of pics of the default settings.
YES,, check to make sure they are at default,, don't ask me how I know,, well, go ahead, ask if you want.....

Old 04-11-2016, 10:55 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by JimTJr
YES,, check to make sure they are at default,, don't ask me how I know,, well, go ahead, ask if you want.....
The very reason I brought it up.

Old 04-12-2016, 06:45 AM
timbo141
Road Warrior
Received 238 Likes on 171 Posts

clackavosticus you said you have your bass set in the middle, did you try turning it down a couple segments? I have mine two to three segments to the left of center.
The speakers need to break in.
Is the issue with bike running or not running? When bike is running you will loose some of the "richness" of the sound. Which in turn takes some bass with it. You should also "tune" it with bike running.
Just a few thoughts.
Hopefully the dealer didn't mess with the settings on the line levelers, Jim has a good point there.
And if they did Bert's pictures of the line levelers will help.

Last edited by timbo141; 04-12-2016 at 07:00 AM.
Old 04-14-2016, 07:09 AM
Genius
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Well I hate to say it but there's a chance the breakout harness is not wired properly myself and Greatsteaks had an issue similar to yours.
I would definitely call Bill at biketronics and explain to him what your system sounds like he is aware there was an issue with the breakout harness not being wired properly
Have you faded from front to rear to see if you can notice a difference in sound quality?

Old 04-14-2016, 05:55 PM
clackavosticus
Road Master
Received 207 Likes on 90 Posts
Default Fade

Originally Posted by Genius
Well I hate to say it but there's a chance the breakout harness is not wired properly myself and Greatsteaks had an issue similar to yours.
I would definitely call Bill at biketronics and explain to him what your system sounds like he is aware there was an issue with the breakout harness not being wired properly
Have you faded from front to rear to see if you can notice a difference in sound quality?
If the breakout harness is faulty what symptoms should the fade between back and front sound like - the same? - different?

Old 04-15-2016, 08:00 AM
Genius
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by clackavosticus
If the breakout harness is faulty what symptoms should the fade between back and front sound like - the same? - different?
On mine and I think Greatsteaks our front channels were out of polarity, meaning the + & - wires was crossed wired. the rear channel sounded fine.
Fade from front to rear to see if you notice a difference..
It may not be your problem, but we just went through this.

Old 04-15-2016, 08:41 AM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Genius
On mine and I think Greatsteaks our front channels were out of polarity, meaning the + & - wires was crossed wired. the rear channel sounded fine.
Fade from front to rear to see if you notice a difference..
It may not be your problem, but we just went through this.
Does the BOH connection to the HU look like this (stock connection) with the pin numbers on it?