Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4 speakers amp / 2 speaker radio??

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2016, 03:15 AM
yooperhog
Stellar HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by FLHBK
After more time chasing wires... looks like the amp IS powering uppers and lowers with fader control. still nothing out of the HK rears. I now see the two yellow CAN + CAN - run to the am. So I'm guess that gives the fader control.

Looks to be a straightforward dealers set up from this install sheet.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_us...ts/-j05266.pdf

This leads me to believe the Boom amp is 4 channels (because of the fader control) - Of course HD never spells it out in their marketing. Any body know for sure?? if it is.. can I run a 6 speaker set up?? My fairing and lowers are both 5.25 Boom.

I pulled the 4 rear speaker wires from the 35 pin and temporality rewired it so the AMP is driving the rears (which will need to be upgraded). Will any of the recommend aftermarket speakers (assuming they're 2 ohm) play nice with the Boom amp???

FYI - I will still bite the bullet and have the dealer tell me how the HK is set up. But I'm feeling much more knowledgeable about how my bike is configured.

Thanks for all the help.
simple fix on a mild budget? soundstream pn4 1000d amp around $130 and 2 pair of kappa infinity 62.11 speakers at $125 a pair. one pair in the fairing and one pair in the tour pack using your fader control on your head unit to balance volume (which you will have plenty of). amp comes with high level inputs to connect amp from head unit so all you will need is some 8 ga power and ground leads to the battery and some new speaker wire to all 4 speakers. and metra adapter rings for your fairing speakers. pn 82-9601
i just did an install very similar to this and she said it was loud and clear at 80mph. which probly means she was actually going 90😈
btw... every step of my install i learned in this forum, so never be scared to ask a question. keep us posted

Old 05-16-2016, 03:32 AM
yooperhog
Stellar HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 161 Posts

and.... you might find yourself not needing lower speakers at all. and those pods are a hot selling item. recoup a little money and im sure someone has the gloveboxes to replace the pods layin around

Old 05-16-2016, 09:54 AM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by FLHBK
After more time chasing wires... looks like the amp IS powering uppers and lowers with fader control. still nothing out of the HK rears. I now see the two yellow CAN + CAN - run to the am. So I'm guess that gives the fader control.

Looks to be a straightforward dealers set up from this install sheet.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_us...ts/-j05266.pdf

This leads me to believe the Boom amp is 4 channels (because of the fader control) - Of course HD never spells it out in their marketing. Any body know for sure?? if it is.. can I run a 6 speaker set up?? My fairing and lowers are both 5.25 Boom.

I pulled the 4 rear speaker wires from the 35 pin and temporality rewired it so the AMP is driving the rears (which will need to be upgraded). Will any of the recommend aftermarket speakers (assuming they're 2 ohm) play nice with the Boom amp???

FYI - I will still bite the bullet and have the dealer tell me how the HK is set up. But I'm feeling much more knowledgeable about how my bike is configured.

Thanks for all the help.
Looking at the instructions it looks like HD is using 4 channel amps to power two speaker which is common on the Boom systems. Two channels for the woofers and two for the tweeters. Each channel is 35w and a total of 70w to each speaker. There is not enough power to add more speakers.