Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Soundstream PN4.520D Amp

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2016, 03:20 PM
Angelsbass
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Soundstream PN4.520D Amp

Anyone running this amp or have any opinions about this unit? Looking into a 4 channel amp for 2015 SGS.

Attached Thumbnails Soundstream PN4.520D Amp-image.jpeg  
Old 03-28-2016, 03:26 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

Easily the most popular amp ever used on this forum. Tons of post related to that amp.

Now that was a few years ago and I think there are better options these days. If this is for a 2015, what speakers do you plan on using and have you read into flashing your head unit or using a line leveler. You will need to do one or the other.

Personally in that price range the sister amp Power Acoustik RZ4.2000D sounds better.

The following users liked this post:
Angelsbass (03-28-2016)
Old 03-28-2016, 04:18 PM
Angelsbass
Advanced

Haze
I will be getting the line leveler just trying to choose an amp. Not sure about speakers yet. What do you recommend?? I will check out the sister amp as well.
Thanks

Old 03-28-2016, 05:02 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

What's your budget for your entire set-up?

Old 03-28-2016, 06:07 PM
Angelsbass
Advanced

Haze

Honestly I was thinking amp and fairing speakers but leave room to expand the system, this is why I want a 4 channel amp. I was thing no more than $300-350
For amp and 2-6.5 speakers

Old 03-28-2016, 07:01 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

The catch here is that the RZ4.2000D sounds pretty damn good with the Infinity Kappa speakers. BUT.....those speakers when placed in the outside of the pod will rub and tear. So you have to place them inside the pod and it doesn't as good. So you could do it that way, or find some speakers that mount well on the outside. Some folks have had luck running the Kickers on the outside of pods. The BT 6.5 Titans may also be a good fit. If you are already getting the line levelers they might give you a deal on the speakers as well. The Polks MM651 at 2.7 ohms could also work. They had some issues with the tweeter stalks a few years back, but I haven't seen anything posted recently.

Which ever speaker you go with, I'd drill out a 2-3 inch hole in the back of the pod to let air out. Other wise the pod will flex from the amplified sound and it will sound like distortion. A little bit of polyfill will help as well.

Old 03-28-2016, 08:06 PM
Angelsbass
Advanced

Originally Posted by haze324
The catch here is that the RZ4.2000D sounds pretty damn good with the Infinity Kappa speakers. BUT.....those speakers when placed in the outside of the pod will rub and tear. So you have to place them inside the pod and it doesn't as good. So you could do it that way, or find some speakers that mount well on the outside. Some folks have had luck running the Kickers on the outside of pods. The BT 6.5 Titans may also be a good fit. If you are already getting the line levelers they might give you a deal on the speakers as well. The Polks MM651 at 2.7 ohms could also work. They had some issues with the tweeter stalks a few years back, but I haven't seen anything posted recently.

Which ever speaker you go with, I'd drill out a 2-3 inch hole in the back of the pod to let air out. Other wise the pod will flex from the amplified sound and it will sound like distortion. A little bit of polyfill will help as well.

Haze

I'm trying to picture what on the the outside of the pod means?? Does that mean they can't be mounted like the stock HD speakers in the faring now? How will they rub or tear? Is it from being exposed with no grill?
So you would recommend the infinity kappa's right? Do they give out some mid-bass tone or is it all clear highs? I know that drilling the hole out in back will allow for some air to move which should be a good thing.

Old 03-28-2016, 08:16 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

See BertK's thread with details on inside/outside pod and tearing of speakers.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/audio...orn-apart.html

Old 03-28-2016, 08:26 PM
Angelsbass
Advanced

Originally Posted by haze324
See BertK's thread with details on inside/outside pod and tearing of speakers.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/audio...orn-apart.html

Will do

Thank you

Old 03-28-2016, 09:53 PM
Angelsbass
Advanced

Haze

I now understand what you want about pods and the tearing of speakers.
Do you know what the difference between line leveler and magic box is? There pretty much around same price,. You

Quick Reply: Soundstream PN4.520D Amp