Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 RG Radio Clock going off while riding

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2016, 11:43 AM
Skippy49
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2013 RG Radio Clock going off while riding

My wife's 2013 Road Glide (trike conversion) has a radio that she almost never uses but when riding the clock goes away like it lost power and if you try to turn on the radio, it won't come on. If you stop, shut off the engine and bike and then restart it, the clock comes back on and stays on until it goes off again and the radio can't be turned on. Today, we tried running with the radio turned on and for that short time, the radio and clock stayed on but I don't know if we just didn't ride long enough or if it was actually staying on when the radio was turned on. Had the fairing off for some new lights and looked for any loose connections but couldn't find anything.
Any suggestions on what might make the clock go off and not be able to turn the radio on??? It's just like it loses all power (or a ground). Do you think it would be in the radio or in a wiring harness connector? Just looking for where to start looking.
TIA,
Steve

Had this posted in the wrong place.

Old 03-28-2016, 03:26 PM
wils5150
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

stock radio?

Old 03-28-2016, 03:35 PM
Glidedsternfan
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2011 HK here!

I use my radio all the time, love having tunes while I ride.
Anyway, my display would go out but everything worked fine, just a blank screen.
I queried the group and got a suggestion to remove the radio, take off the faceplate ant just tweek the pins on the faceplate side of the connector that the plugs into the radio. (I think thats the way it was. ?)
I did that and no more issues.
I'm glad I tried that before sending the radio out to Iron Cross Audio for repairs but it's nice to know they are out there if there's bigger issues.

Good luck!

GSF

Old 03-28-2016, 05:43 PM
Skippy49
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Glidedsternfan
I use my radio all the time, love having tunes while I ride.
Anyway, my display would go out but everything worked fine, just a blank screen.
I queried the group and got a suggestion to remove the radio, take off the faceplate ant just tweek the pins on the faceplate side of the connector that the plugs into the radio. (I think thats the way it was. ?)
I did that and no more issues.
I'm glad I tried that before sending the radio out to Iron Cross Audio for repairs but it's nice to know they are out there if there's bigger issues.

Good luck!

GSF
I'm guessing my problem is in the radio too so I'll try what you did. Yes, it is a stock radio. Neither one of us listens to our radio but both like the clock on it.