Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

J&M Rokker XX 2 Pin crossover connector

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2016, 04:40 PM
blackv03
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default J&M Rokker XX 2 Pin crossover connector

I searched the forum and can't seem to find out how to connect after market tweeters to the 2 pin connectors on the crossovers mounted on the woofers. There must be a way, I can't believe I can only use J&Ms tweeter kit. Any help to source the part is appreciated.

Old 03-20-2016, 07:38 AM
blackv03
Advanced

I can't believe I'm the only person that wants to use aftermarket tweeters with these new J&M speakers .... Anyone??

Old 03-20-2016, 07:44 AM
Babyboy
Stellar HDF Member
Received 469 Likes on 394 Posts

Originally Posted by blackv03
I can't believe I'm the only person that wants to use aftermarket tweeters with these new J&M speakers .... Anyone??
I hate to say it but the brand you are using left a bad taste in ALOT of members mouths from the tainted coolaid that the company puts out.
You can have twice the speaker and sound quality from a different speaker at 1/3rd the cost

Old 03-20-2016, 07:49 AM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 2,251 Likes on 1,642 Posts

Do your have the J&M woofer? If so, there should've been a wiring harness to connect everything up...

Verbatim from their site/install instructions:

Connect the tweeters to the speaker wires between the radio head
unit and the main fairing speakers, or between the radio head unit and
booster amplifier inputs, with the Y-wire harness plugs provided.
OR
4b. Connect the tweeters using the attached white two pin connectors,
to the midrange crossover plug on the back of the J&M ROKKER or
ROKKER XT speakers.

Old 03-20-2016, 11:34 AM
blackv03
Advanced

Iceman24 ... I believe that would be correct if I purchased the J&M tweeter kit (which I did not). If I was supposed to get a wiring harness with the Rocker XX 7.25", I did not. I have contacted J&M via email, but haven't received a reply.

Babyboy ... here's the thing, I had the JL Audio 6.5" C5-650x components and I can say that I was LESS than impressed. I tried every setting possible on my Rockford amp to get them to sound decent, but at the end of the day I felt that I got taken for a whole lot of cash by JL. I already sold them on eBay, someone else can try to make them work, I was done trying. So I did a search online and you know what? People don't like Hogtunes or Boom audio either, so that left J&M to try. I got a good deal on them and my buddy has them in his RoadGlide (with stock HK headunit) and they blew my JL Audio's away. I'm not on here to hate, we all have bad experiences with products and have the right to bash them anonymously on the forums, I'm simply asking if anyone knows a source for the 2-pin connectors that J&M uses ... perhaps they are a common connector and I just need to run to an electronics store, maybe I was supposed to get them in the kit I bought, and maybe its proprietary?

Any help is appreciated.

Old 03-20-2016, 11:48 AM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

Black,

Post a picture, perhaps somone here knows what connector types they are. Bottomline you need/want those tweeters to connect to the crossover OR get yourself some aftermarter tweeters that bring their own crossover and connect them in parallel with the woofer. The Alpine Type-R's are nice and have adjustable db settings similar to the crossovers on the C5's.

A quick note on the JL C5's. I've tried dozens of amps and speakers from Focal's to Hertz, and those JL C5's are awesome speakers. The issue you ran into is the PBR amp you are using pumps out 100w at 4ohm which the C5's are, and they have a very low sensitivity....which is why they can produce such good low end. The JM's are 2ohm speakers and your amp rates 150w at that impedance so they sounded louder. With that amp the best sounding speakers I've heard are the infinity kappas as they are 2ohm and will get the most out of that amp.

The following users liked this post:
blackv03 (03-20-2016)
Old 03-20-2016, 11:58 AM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Black,
Send me a pick of what you are trying to do as I might have what u need.
I bet u will be able to find what u needs on the JM interweb site but it will be a 200 buck harness. Take ur time here and something will turn up.

T.

Old 03-20-2016, 12:02 PM
blackv03
Advanced

Thank you Haze, that is the sort of help I was looking for.

I've attached a picture of the crossover and a stock photo from J&Ms website, the white connectors are what I'm looking for, but I can't think of what they would be called so I can find them to buy online!

Attached Thumbnails J&M Rokker XX 2 Pin crossover connector-htwt-1025-crf-l.jpg   J&M Rokker XX 2 Pin crossover connector-file_069.jpeg  
Old 03-20-2016, 12:08 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

Curious what tweeters are you going to use, and where are you going to mount them?

I ask because not all crossovers are created equal.

Old 03-20-2016, 12:39 PM
blackv03
Advanced

Crystal Mobilesound 1" tweeters .. they are mounted in the HogTunes Hog-Pod Dash Trim/Tweeter Pod ... when I went to the JL audio components I removed the Hogtunes tweeters and put them in the original box when I installed the JLs. Sometime over the past year I threw that box out (For F*cks SAKE!!) along with the Hogtunes tweeters ... that is why I'm using the Crystals. It appears they are out of the car business now, but at one time made great mobile audio. I still have the original Crystal crossovers if I feel the J&M is inferior.

Quick Reply: J&M Rokker XX 2 Pin crossover connector