Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

J&M Rokker vs Biketronics for 2014-2016 ultra

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2016, 08:03 AM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

I'm sure some of our engineer types will chime in soon and if you want to help get this topic the attention it deserves, you might start a thread title high output charging system.

Great discussion regarding the limits of our charging systems and regulators and also defining the crossover point where this $550 add on would be required.

Thanks!!

T

Old 03-16-2016, 08:04 AM
Greatsteaks
Road Master
Received 62 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by SBates08
You won't have any troubles with the charging system. At least not from this audio upgrade anyway. The dealer was selling you a load of crap. Just another tactic to get more of your money.
Really? They would do that? Lol.

Old 03-16-2016, 08:15 AM
Greatsteaks
Road Master

On the phone with BT yesterday they said that they were out of the 7.1 pro speakers but didn't recommend them if I was using the stock HU anyway. Looking at their site this morning it looks like they are out of all 7.1 speakers!. Won't be in till April 29th. Can I still use their brackets with other speakers that won't fit in the stock fairing pods? Really wanted to use the BT for the warranty for at least the front. Anyone figure out a way to mod BT7.1 into the rear pods too?

Last edited by Greatsteaks; 03-16-2016 at 06:46 PM.
Old 03-16-2016, 01:46 PM
Greatsteaks
Road Master

Well decision has been made and the order has been placed! Donna at BT was awesome to deal with!! Can't say enough about her patients and how helpful she was. Went with the 4180.14 amp and 7.1's and brackets in the upper fairing. The rear pods on the Rushmore ultras are small and will not fit 7.1's, they are working on making their own pods I was told but for now I'm going with their 6.5 and have to order an adapter ring. They are out of regular 7.1's for about a month. Contrary to popular belief their speakers are made in China not USA like their amps but was told that they will be making them here sometime in the future. So...Donna was nice enough to ship me the amp, harness, 6.5 speakers and speaker brackets so I can throw the 6.5 in the fairing till they ship me the 7.1's. I'm going to put some Alpine SRP60's in the rear pods till then also. Great customer service, GREAT price with hdforums discount and discount for buying speakers and amp at the same time. Couldn't be happier and have some beer money left over from my original J$M system I was going to install even after the extra 2 day shipping!(if you don't count the price of the Alpine temp rear speakers). Thanks everyone here and thanks BT.

One other question, what do you all use for grills for the BT speakers, the stock ones?

Old 03-16-2016, 04:33 PM
jamess71
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

One other question, what do you all use for grills for the BT speakers, the stock ones?

The 7.1's come with new grills.

Old 03-16-2016, 05:46 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,239 Likes on 1,002 Posts

I'm not certain if BT supplies grills for the Rushmore fairing or not. Some of the others should know. The 6.5's that they send you will have grills for the tourpack.

Old 03-16-2016, 06:32 PM
Greatsteaks
Road Master

Aren't you guys proud of me for asking, listening, reading, learning? Lol, I am. For less then I was going to spend(except for the temporary rears) I am getting a made in the USA amp, better speakers, everything with lifetime warranty, direct from the manufacturer. And from company that doesn't jump in and push their product on you in the forums time after time and doesn't charge WAY more direct then from their resellers. It was nice to talk to the owner on the phone and walk me through everything, offered to ship me the brackets seperate from the speakers because they are not in stock yet and then ship the speakers for no extra shipping cost when they arrive, AND, even recommend a different companies rear speakers because she didn't like how their speakers "looked" with the adapter rings needed for them to fit in my application!(I ordered theirs anyway). And then get a killer price! Also placed the order with me so everything we put together didn't get screwed up, didn't pass me off to an order taker. Thanks to the guys that put in the time and $$$$ by doing all this twice or three times before getting it right and giving people like me the resources to do it right the first time. Should be starting the install Saturday, probably start rip everything out tomorrow and Friday night. Wife and I are planning on spending all Sunday on two wheels.

Old 03-16-2016, 06:40 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,239 Likes on 1,002 Posts

Yes I think you did well grasshoppa. The real question is, aren't you glad you didn't make a $1250 mistake???

The following users liked this post:
Greatsteaks (03-16-2016)
Old 03-16-2016, 06:42 PM
Greatsteaks
Road Master

Originally Posted by sbates08
yes i think you did well grasshoppa. The real question is, aren't you glad you didn't make a $1250 mistake???
...............yes!!.......................

Old 03-16-2016, 08:29 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Very happy for ya Brotha!!! U and your wife will be extremely satisfied.

Almost certain u won't need grills for the fairing due to the fact that u have the brackets. If u want to clean the look up a bit u can get the Boom grills with the only thing good about Boom. The other option is cycle sound for about 40 bucks, and I think performance cycles has them for about 30 bucks. I went with Boom as the bar and shield in the center kind of kept with my theme.

Also, I am installing my buddy's 4180 set up on his Limited Saturday morning so feel free to call with any questions as I will have the same exact bike peeled open. Shoot me a PM w your cell and I will text u my info.

Again, awesome job on the due diligence and discipline. Ur doing it right the first time!!!!

T.

The following users liked this post:
Greatsteaks (03-19-2016)

Quick Reply: J&M Rokker vs Biketronics for 2014-2016 ultra