Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

J&M Rokker vs Biketronics for 2014-2016 ultra

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2016, 10:28 PM
sprint07
Cruiser
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

The guys at Biketronics are awesome. I have a BT4180 with fairing speakers, lowers have been converted to speakers and of course the tour pack speakers.

Just received by new Biketronics line levelers and opened up the fairing to switch to the new ones. That set up has gone from wow to over the top super wow.

I personally can play many instruments and my wife is a full time musician and teacher with a private studio. My house has baby grand pianos along with Kurzweil electric keyboards and more amps and speakers and equipment than should be allowed. We took a quick ride before swapping out the line levelers this evening and then another quick ride playing the same song. Wife absolutely can not believe how good this system is for a BIKE!! She plays professionally and thinks the BT equipment is superior to some of her professional sound equipment.

Lifetime warranty and owners who answer the phone the first time when you have a question or a little confusion.

Don't be scared, the entire system is basically plug and play and you will NOT be disappointed!!!

The following users liked this post:
Greatsteaks (03-16-2016)
Old 03-15-2016, 10:36 PM
Greatsteaks
Road Master
Received 62 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by sprint07
The guys at Biketronics are awesome. I have a BT4180 with fairing speakers, lowers have been converted to speakers and of course the tour pack speakers.

Just received by new Biketronics line levelers and opened up the fairing to switch to the new ones. That set up has gone from wow to over the top super wow.

I personally can play many instruments and my wife is a full time musician and teacher with a private studio. My house has baby grand pianos along with Kurzweil electric keyboards and more amps and speakers and equipment than should be allowed. We took a quick ride before swapping out the line levelers this evening and then another quick ride playing the same song. Wife absolutely can not believe how good this system is for a BIKE!! She plays professionally and thinks the BT equipment is superior to some of her professional sound equipment.

Lifetime warranty and owners who answer the phone the first time when you have a question or a little confusion.

Don't be scared, the entire system is basically plug and play and you will NOT be disappointed!!!
May I ask what speakers you went with in the fairing and rear pods? Thanks

Old 03-15-2016, 10:46 PM
sprint07
Cruiser
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Greatsteaks
May I ask what speakers you went with in the fairing and rear pods? Thanks
BT4180 amp
BT7P14 7.1 fairing speakers
BT477 lowers speakers
Infinity Kappa 62.ii for tour pack

The following users liked this post:
Greatsteaks (03-15-2016)
Old 03-15-2016, 10:50 PM
bigh8840
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 2015UltraLimited
I just installed my BT system and lost FM reception with the fairing hidden antenna. I have not opened my fairing to recheck the connection yet but have a work around if need be. The BT system is awesome! On my only test ride since the installation, I actually had to turn the volume down after about 30 minutes when cruising at 70 mph with a full face helmet on. For my needs, Biketronics far exceeded my expectations and Bill was great to deal with.
I had the same issue with the HD 'Powered' Hidden Antenna, I had HD warranty it out for the new 'non powered' hidden antenna that they use on CVO models and it fixed the issue.
I have the 2180 amp with 7.1 up front and love it, debating on doing bag lids, but don't know what I want to do or what to do.

Old 03-16-2016, 03:37 AM
Greatsteaks
Road Master

Are you guys upgrading your charging systems? I could have swore that when I bought my 2015 I read it came with a high output charging system stock.

Old 03-16-2016, 07:32 AM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Are you guys upgrading your charging systems? I could have swore that when I bought my 2015 I read it came with a high output charging system stock.
Have not heard many guys talk this up but it is a very nice feature if you load up with accessories. I'm on a SGS and live in Tejas so I don't have heated seats, grips, clothes, a CB, etc. so don't think i have a need for it just yet with 2 small amps.
It is on the radar though, and probably a very good discussion topic as many folks loaded up with all the fancy stuff should be considering this add on.
Thanks for bringing this up!!!

T.

Old 03-16-2016, 07:51 AM
Greatsteaks
Road Master

Originally Posted by Tailwind
Have not heard many guys talk this up but it is a very nice feature if you load up with accessories. I'm on a SGS and live in Tejas so I don't have heated seats, grips, clothes, a CB, etc. so don't think i have a need for it just yet with 2 small amps.
It is on the radar though, and probably a very good discussion topic as many folks loaded up with all the fancy stuff should be considering this add on.
Thanks for bringing this up!!!

T.
Of course in my journey into my first audio upgrade I looked into the HD Stage ii setup that has 2 amps. Dealer wouldn't install it without the stator upgrade. When I heard the price I was out the door. But now I'm at the same watt output as the HD stuff, others here are at more with 6-8 speakers but don't hear anyone talking about it. I live in Colorado and ride all year as long as the roads are snow and ice free and above about 37° but I use no heated gear or seat. We do ride long hours in the heat of summer, do these systems draw more then the stock Rushmore ultras can keep up with when cruising through 3-4 tanks of fuel with the Sirius radio cranking all day?

Old 03-16-2016, 07:58 AM
BlackPearl#1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 126 Likes on 113 Posts

This thread has lots of traffic lately, might find some answers there??? I have not read any of it yet, but might help?
Kris

Discussion: Watts, Amp Draw, Power, Charging System; Efficiency

Old 03-16-2016, 07:58 AM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,239 Likes on 1,002 Posts

You won't have any troubles with the charging system. At least not from this audio upgrade anyway. The dealer was selling you a load of crap. Just another tactic to get more of your money.

Old 03-16-2016, 07:59 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Of course in my journey into my first audio upgrade I looked into the HD Stage ii setup that has 2 amps. Dealer wouldn't install it without the stator upgrade. When I heard the price I was out the door. But now I'm at the same watt output as the HD stuff, others here are at more with 6-8 speakers but don't hear anyone talking about it. I live in Colorado and ride all year as long as the roads are snow and ice free and above about 37° but I use no heated gear or seat. We do ride long hours in the heat of summer, do these systems draw more then the stock Rushmore ultras can keep up with when cruising through 3-4 tanks of fuel with the Sirius radio cranking all day?
All B.S. from the dealer. Your charging system will be just fine. I know guys with 3 amps and run their systems on the road 8 hours straight with no issues and some of these are pre 06 before they updated the stator.

Last edited by Gannicus; 03-16-2016 at 08:12 AM.

Quick Reply: J&M Rokker vs Biketronics for 2014-2016 ultra