Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stereo advice..

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2016, 05:16 PM
Licopico
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stereo advice..

In new here but I've looking and googleing etc.. for a while trying to decide what to go with my new setup. A little history first, my first set up was J&M 7.25 in fairing and 7.25 in single 6x9 in lids= loud but that's it.. 2nd set up I put jbl6x9 in lids= a little better but not as loud and left me wanting a lot more. Both setups powered by j&m amp. Then I got rear ended and had to redo my rear end. I'm about ready to start putting all back together and I got a few changes. Then I Here's what I have:
2011 SG, I have the quad 6x9 lids and camtech beaten inner fairing, I have an arc moto 600.4 amp and a j&m 500.4 amp. I know you guys have pretty much ran just about everything out there so I really value yalls opinion. What I'm looking for a well rounded sound system but I really don't want to run subs. I'm not going to say money is not a problem but I want to get good quality stuff but use the Amps I have already. Thanks fellas

Old 03-10-2016, 06:46 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

total set up is fairing speakers and two 6X9's in the lids? No lowers, and no speakers inside the bags? How about a spot in your fairing for tweeters/horns. You mind ditching two gauges.

Lastly, what sound are you looking for, and what type of music do you listen too. You can do some damage with what you have and it can sound really good. Just be advised fitting both of those amps in your fairing may be not be do-able.

Old 03-10-2016, 07:20 PM
Licopico
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by haze324
total set up is fairing speakers and two 6X9's in the lids? No lowers, and no speakers inside the bags? How about a spot in your fairing for tweeters/horns. You mind ditching two gauges.

Lastly, what sound are you looking for, and what type of music do you listen too. You can do some damage with what you have and it can sound really good. Just be advised fitting both of those amps in your fairing may be not be do-able.
Fairing holds 2 6x9 and 2 6x9 in each lid. So I could run 6 6x9s if I wanted to. Yeah I have 2 j&m tweeters I plan on putting in replacing 2 gauges. I listen to eveything from rap to rock to Spanish music.. Lol.. But all in all I want "the total package" lol.. I'm ok with putting one of the amps in a bag since their both not that big and I'll still have room for things. I've read a lot about many speakers and can't really come up with what I want to use.

Old 03-10-2016, 07:54 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

I'd go with:

Fairing
Speakes: Arc 692's
Amp: J&M Bridged to the Arc 692's
Tweeters: I would ditch the J&M's they're not going keep up and get yourself some very high sensitivity horns and run them off your HU.

Bags/Lids
Speakers: Hertz HCX 690
Amp: Arc Moto, it's smaller and won't take up much space.

With the J&M amp, I know those come DSP set for their speakers so you may need to request they send you a baseline DSP setting. Tailwind on the forum. For the speakers, I know someone who just got some 692 for his lids and the didn't fit because of the speaker mounted below them and is going to sell them.

Old 03-10-2016, 08:15 PM
Licopico
2nd Gear

I'd go with:

Fairing
Speakes: Arc 692's
Amp: J&M Bridged to the Arc 692's
Tweeters: I would ditch the J&M's they're not going keep up and get yourself some very high sensitivity horns and run them off your HU.

Bags/Lids
Speakers: Hertz HCX 690
Amp: Arc Moto, it's smaller and won't take up much space.

With the J&M amp, I know those come DSP set for their speakers so you may need to request they send you a baseline DSP setting. Tailwind on the forum. For the speakers, I know someone who just got some 692 for his lids and the didn't fit because of the speaker mounted below them and is going to sell them.
Awesome brother, thanks for the advice. From what I can tell reading abuncha of threads on here yer the man to talk to about this. I'd definitely be interested in the 692s if he's selling for a decent price. Yea kinda thought the same about the tweeters but wasn't sure since I didn't run them on my old set up. I'm going to be using an alpine double din and actually thought about the horns but havnt talked to anyone one about them. But now I'm sure of it. I'll contact j&m about the amp baseline. Thanks again bud!!!

Old 03-10-2016, 08:21 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

You can't send or receive PM's, here email me and I'll put you in contact. Haze324@gmail.com

You want a set of Hertz ST25's in there for horns. If J&M gives you a hard time about the DSP setting contact member Tailwind I think he's got it.

Old 03-10-2016, 11:13 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

You can't send or receive PM's, here email me and I'll put you in contact. Haze324@gmail.com

You want a set of Hertz ST25's in there for horns. If J&M gives you a hard time about the DSP setting contact member Tailwind I think he's got it.
Brotha, I have ur back on the DSP settings. The J&M is an ARC amp with J&M lipstick on it thus ur in a pretty good place minus the ability to tweak ur speakers input to the outside of the envelope. The good news is that every speaker I tested with the JM/ARC amp was in its respective wheelhouse.
I have the programming dongle so don't spent a penny on that either as we can all share that too.

Just let me know how I can assist!!!

T.

Old 03-11-2016, 02:44 AM
Licopico
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Tailwind
Brotha, I have ur back on the DSP settings. The J&M is an ARC amp with J&M lipstick on it thus ur in a pretty good place minus the ability to tweak ur speakers input to the outside of the envelope. The good news is that every speaker I tested with the JM/ARC amp was in its respective wheelhouse.
I have the programming dongle so don't spent a penny on that either as we can all share that too.

Just let me know how I can assist!!!

T.
Thanks fellas I really appreciate all the help.. When I get to that point I'll def be hollering at y'all..