Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speaker Choice ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2016, 04:16 PM
Genius
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default Speaker Choice ?

OK men, rather than bring up my old thread (2014 Ultra $1500 budget)..
I'm going with the BT 4180 amp kit.
Just need to narrow down the correct speakers for me.
Yes I like base, not looking for ghetto base but something with a good thump!
And yes I'm sticking with the 4 stock locations, fairing & TP only.
From what I've read here Motto 602 is my best bet for that...in the rears.
Will the 602's fit in the fairing also or would that be a bad choice?
Then from what I've read, the BT Pro's offer some good base for the front.
My $1500 budget is now BS !...I need to be sure I get speakers that are warm clear and and enough base to make me well aware I spent my money right the 1st time!
So...why not 4 602's if they offer nice base..compared to BT Pro's.
I've been reading here for days trying to do the right thing 1st.
I'd really like to get things ordered up, yet I'm still just not sure of which speakers!!
Sorry be a PIA, help me put an end to my confusion.
Gene

Old 03-06-2016, 04:43 PM
hbsoldier3
Elite HDF Member

Received 797 Likes on 623 Posts

Originally Posted by Genius
My $1500 budget is now BS !...I need to be sure I get speakers that are warm clear and and enough base to make me well aware I spent my money right the 1st time!
I'd really like to get things ordered up, yet I'm still just not sure of which speakers!!
Gene
If you are running the stock Boom 6.5 head unit the Bt Pro's offer no significant difference than the regular 7.1's. The 602's have good base, but for the TP pods you will need adapters such as V-twin audio offers. I am running the BT 4180, which comes with the base plate and two Bt-355 line levelers. In addition, I have their breakout harness. In the rear I am running the 602's, and I am also curious about running 602's up front. Make sure you get the BT brackets to replace the speaker pods up front.

Old 03-06-2016, 04:46 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by hbsoldier3
If you are running the stock Boom 6.5 head unit the Bt Pro's offer no significant difference than the regular 7.1's.
How do you know this?

I've heard in person competition level bikes with the stock HU that were extremely impressive in sound.

Old 03-06-2016, 05:02 PM
hbsoldier3
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by haze324
How do you know this?

I've heard in person competition level bikes with the stock HU that were extremely impressive in sound.
From talking to Bill at BT.

Last edited by hbsoldier3; 03-07-2016 at 10:33 AM.
Old 03-06-2016, 05:11 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

From talking to Bill at BT, and several posts on this forum.One is from Tailwind:"Just sharing the 2 cents that BT provided me, but Bill indicated that I should go with the standard 7.1s because I would ultimately be limited by my 2014 Infotainment HU thus would not be able to reach the full capacity of the Pros. Not sure what HU you are using but this HU factor might be something to consider as you work thru that decision."
T.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/audio...7-1pros-2.html
Yeah see thats the thing man. We just spit out what we read/hear without ever knowing. I know I can hear differences regardless of HU. Just like Tailwind ended up hearing differences with 799.00 Focals! By that theory cheaper ones would sound the same.

Here's another scenario for the" Pros and 7P1 sound the same with the stock HU." The part that is missing from that statement is that's when using a 4180. How about an Arc 600.4 or any other amp with gain and HPF controls? An amp you can dial in. Or how about an amp bridged. The RMS and peak rating are quite different between the two. My point is there's more to a blanket statement that gets copied and pasted over and over. You should try some of this stuff if your going to advise someone. Notice I never post on tour pack pods because I don't have an Ultra. I'd leave that to you guys.

Last edited by haze324; 03-06-2016 at 05:14 PM.
The following users liked this post:
hbsoldier3 (03-06-2016)
Old 03-06-2016, 05:20 PM
hbsoldier3
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by haze324
Yeah see thats the thing man. We just spit out what we read/hear without ever knowing. I know I can hear differences regardless of HU. Just like Tailwind ended up hearing differences with 799.00 Focals! By that theory cheaper ones would sound the same.

Here's another scenario for the" Pros and 7P1 sound the same with the stock HU." The part that is missing from that statement is that's when using a 4180. How about an Arc 600.4 or any other amp with gain and HPF controls? An amp you can dial in. Or how about an amp bridged. The RMS and peak rating are quite different between the two. My point is there's more to a blanket statement that gets copied and pasted over and over. You should try some of this stuff if your going to advise someone. Notice I never post on tour pack pods because I don't have an Ultra. I'd leave that to you guys.
Well, the OP is using a BT 4180 so I shared what information I got from BT.

Old 03-06-2016, 05:22 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Well, the OP is using a BT 4180 so I shared what information I got from BT.
No I get it man.

Until someone copies and paste what you wrote and the crappy telephone game continues.

Old 03-07-2016, 05:42 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by Genius
Gene
LMAO!! Don't worry about getting "ghetto bass" on a bike. You need 10's and 12's for that.
The Moto's will fit in the fairing. As my friend Haze said I've also had the pros on my bike and heard them on the newer bikes. The amp makes a huge difference on the new bikes. If you can tune the thing you can get great sound from the new HU. Especially with the BT line levelers. It's all about the tune bro!!

Old 03-07-2016, 06:27 AM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

From talking to Bill at BT, and several posts on this forum.One is from Tailwind:"Just sharing the 2 cents that BT provided me, but Bill indicated that I should go with the standard 7.1s because I would ultimately be limited by my 2014 Infotainment HU thus would not be able to reach the full capacity of the Pros. Not sure what HU you are using but this HU factor might be something to consider as you work thru that decision."
T.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/audio...7-1pros-2.html
Hey!!! Was that a bus that just ran me over or did I get thrown under it?

T.

Old 03-07-2016, 07:00 AM
Genius
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gannicus
LMAO!! Don't worry about getting "ghetto bass" on a bike. You need 10's and 12's for that.
The Moto's will fit in the fairing. As my friend Haze said I've also had the pros on my bike and heard them on the newer bikes. The amp makes a huge difference on the new bikes. If you can tune the thing you can get great sound from the new HU. Especially with the BT line levelers. It's all about the tune bro!!
Speaking of ghetto base, I must confess.. I run 2500 RMS bridged into a 18in sub in my home shop along with another 1250 x 2 into a set of 2 12's with horns on top, yes I like to rock!
So whatca think Gannicus 4 602's or will I not get the volume I need with those @ 70mph..? I'd think the Pros (from what I've read) would be fine base wise..but cost wise is got me hung up. I got the cash for the Pros but don't want to spend foolishly either!

Quick Reply: Speaker Choice ?