Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speaker Choice ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2016, 07:44 AM
Bunker
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 494 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by Genius
So whatca think Gannicus 4 602's or will I not get the volume I need with those @ 70mph..? I'd think the Pros (from what I've read) would be fine base wise..but cost wise is got me hung up. I got the cash for the Pros but don't want to spend foolishly either!
You CAN get the 602's to be loud, you just need to push them with some power. I ran a set in my fairing, I'm only a 2 speaker setup, pushed by a bridged TM400x4. That's 200 watts RMS to each and it was loud enough to hear with a full face helmet on at 80 mph.

I'm actually moving to Focal's I think. After hearing Tailwinds bike (Focal's KRC's in fairing and I think it's KRX2's in lids along with 692's in bags) both in the parking lot and also out on the road, I'm sold on the Frenchies (as much as it pains me to support anything French ).

Last edited by Bunker; 03-07-2016 at 07:47 AM.
Old 03-07-2016, 08:27 AM
Genius
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bunker
You CAN get the 602's to be loud, you just need to push them with some power. I ran a set in my fairing, I'm only a 2 speaker setup, pushed by a bridged TM400x4. That's 200 watts RMS to each and it was loud enough to hear with a full face helmet on at 80 mph.

I'm actually moving to Focal's I think. After hearing Tailwinds bike (Focal's KRC's in fairing and I think it's KRX2's in lids along with 692's in bags) both in the parking lot and also out on the road, I'm sold on the Frenchies (as much as it pains me to support anything French ).
So you think the BT4180 will get the job done with 4 of these 602 ?

Old 03-07-2016, 09:49 AM
Bunker
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 494 Likes on 314 Posts

So you think the BT4180 will get the job done with 4 of these 602 ?
I think LL247 did that, I know he's done a couple of the 2180 with a pair of 602's and had great results.

I've never used the BT amps so I can't say for sure but I'd imagine it would work well.

Old 03-07-2016, 10:24 AM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

Given the exact same amount of power the BT Pros will play louder.

From having both speakers pushed by a 4180 and then with a Hertz HDP4, the Pros play louder and clearer but less low end. The Arc's had significantly more bass, didn't play as loud or clear either. If you are looking for bass from a 4 speaker set up, all depends how crazy you want to go to get "bass".

Old 03-07-2016, 10:32 AM
hbsoldier3
Elite HDF Member

Received 797 Likes on 623 Posts

Originally Posted by Tailwind
Hey!!! Was that a bus that just ran me over or did I get thrown under it?

T.
Sorry T,

I will edit that post to remove your comment. Will not happen again.

Paul

Old 03-07-2016, 12:32 PM
Genius
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks guys! Think I'm gonna try the 4180 & (4) 602's
Yeah, I thought we all liked base..just hope the mids & highs don't suffer to much..
For the most part I hope I'll be good considering my riding style and exhaust..
I run V&H Monster Ovals which are fairly tame and rarely run over 70 mph.
I'm a back road 60 mph rider, hopefully I'll thump right alooong...

Old 03-07-2016, 03:25 PM
LL247
Former Sponsor
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks guys! Think I'm gonna try the 4180 & (4) 602's
Yeah, I thought we all liked base..just hope the mids & highs don't suffer to much..
For the most part I hope I'll be good considering my riding style and exhaust..
I run V&H Monster Ovals which are fairly tame and rarely run over 70 mph.
I'm a back road 60 mph rider, hopefully I'll thump right alooong...
I think you'll be just fine with the mids and highs, you're putting plenty of good. clean power to them. Even the 2 speaker setups I've done, you can feel the sound in your chest.

Key to them Arcs is giving them enough power to dance!

Old 03-07-2016, 04:22 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by hbsoldier3
Sorry T,

I will edit that post to remove your comment. Will not happen again.

Paul
Hey Paul, I was totally joking. We are all just trying to share what we know with excellent intentions, so it's all good.

The fact remains that with my amp and HU setup, the guy that buys groceries with the money I give him for speakers & amps (BT) clearly advised me that I would not reach the full potential of the 7.1 Pros with such set up, so I did not take that exemplary honesty lightly.
Many other businesses would has said anything they had to in order to make the sale.

No need to pull any posts down Paul. I'm accountable for what I say, or at least strive to be.

T.

Old 03-07-2016, 05:06 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by Tailwind
The fact remains that with my amp (4180) and HU setup, BT clearly advised me that I would not reach the full potential of the 7.1 Pros with such set up

T.
T.

I hear ya brother, and I know where the comments come from. I was a bit hard on Paul, but I refer back to the group think thread where things we see and hear just get re-posted as fact. If we're are going to pass on info, we owe it to ourselves to put in context. There is a big difference in what you wrote above and the below as if it were a standard rule. Does the below apply with a different amp?

"If you are running the stock Boom 6.5 head unit the Bt Pro's offer no significant difference than the regular 7.1's".

I know, I know. I'm beating a dead horse here.......

Old 03-07-2016, 05:31 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Amen bro!! And thanks for keeping us on the right track.

I hear nothing but great things about the Pros and hopefully we can get some tangible info / field testing regarding how these actually do perform with the 6.5 Rushmore and BT4180.

T.

Quick Reply: Speaker Choice ?