Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BT LL 355 install

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2016, 04:27 AM
ILLADELPHFATBOY
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default BT LL 355 install

Well...I'm feeling kind of humbled, if not down right audiophile ignorant. The one set of BT directions says to save and reuse the stock front speaker harnesses from the pods, but the 355 LL directions show the LL plugging in to what i assumed was the stock pod speaker harness, because why else would i be reusing them? Well that can't be correct because the plugs on both components are female. So that means I should actually be plugging the LL in to the plugs that the stock pod speaker harness was plugged in to... correct? I just want to be sure before I power this thing up. Everything else seemed easy enough so far. I have only the speaker wires and the power wire left to hook up from the 4180 amp. Of course final installation is on hold because I'm still waiting on the BOOM grills..smh. Thanks for the help!

Old 03-06-2016, 04:49 AM
bobbyjoes
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

yes that's correct,the plug with white wires goes to clutch side ,gray wires and plug go to brake side,,hope this helps ,I'm green at this too

Old 03-06-2016, 04:54 AM
bobbyjoes
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

on thread about 10 down from this one ,very intimanating for greenhorn I have picture on last post 1st 2 pictures what it looks like. hope it helps

Old 03-06-2016, 06:48 AM
ILLADELPHFATBOY
Cruiser

Thanks BobbyJoes...It seems we have different set ups, as I don't have crossovers to deal with, but it's similar enough.

Old 03-06-2016, 09:49 AM
skibum0607
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It all depends on your bike and whether or not you're using the breakout harness. The LL's come with different connectors on them based on your setup.

If you're using the breakout harness there should be two smaller connectors coming out of each end of the harness. The one set of connectors on one end connects to the matching set of connectors coming from the LL's (and the RCA's going to the amp). The other set of connectors on the other end then connects to matching set of connectors with bare wires hanging off them that then goes to the speaker output connections on the amp. The stock speaker harness plugs in to the same connector it did before.

If you're not using the breakout harness then I believe the connectors on the LL's should plug directly into the stock speaker harness (with the RCA's going to the amp). In this setup the connectors on the LL's would be different than the setup described above and would match the stock speaker harness connectors.

Maybe you have this but it might help.... http://www.biketronics.com/content/BT355.pdf

At least that's my understanding and how it worked on my setup. I wish that I would have taken a picture of the breakout harness with everything connected but I forgot.

Last edited by skibum0607; 03-06-2016 at 09:52 AM.
Old 03-06-2016, 11:00 AM
ILLADELPHFATBOY
Cruiser

Originally Posted by skibum0607
It all depends on your bike and whether or not you're using the breakout harness. The LL's come with different connectors on them based on your setup.

If you're using the breakout harness there should be two smaller connectors coming out of each end of the harness. The one set of connectors on one end connects to the matching set of connectors coming from the LL's (and the RCA's going to the amp). The other set of connectors on the other end then connects to matching set of connectors with bare wires hanging off them that then goes to the speaker output connections on the amp. The stock speaker harness plugs in to the same connector it did before.

If you're not using the breakout harness then I believe the connectors on the LL's should plug directly into the stock speaker harness (with the RCA's going to the amp). In this setup the connectors on the LL's would be different than the setup described above and would match the stock speaker harness connectors.

Maybe you have this but it might help.... http://www.biketronics.com/content/BT355.pdf

At least that's my understanding and how it worked on my setup. I wish that I would have taken a picture of the breakout harness with everything connected but I forgot.
No breakout harness here. The only plugs on the LL that match up with the bike, are the plugs that the pod speakers were plugged in to. Hence the speaker plugs/spades that are attached to the pods are not being used because nothing on my LL will plug in to those...only plugs in to what they (pod harness) was originally plugged in to.

Old 03-06-2016, 08:31 PM
ILLADELPHFATBOY
Cruiser

Update...all sems correct and well after a trial run. Thanks for all the input!