Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who Are You and Whats Your Story?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2016, 10:50 AM
Babyboy
Stellar HDF Member
Received 469 Likes on 394 Posts
Default Who Are You and Whats Your Story?

Were do I start??? I dabbled in a little car audio some 30 yrs ago in high school till I was bitten by the "GO FAST BUG".Well that's another story. My first big bike was 10 yrs ago that was a FLHTC converted to an ULTRA and all it had was 4 speakers and a cassette player. Swapped out the HU for a Sony with CD player and wired in the old PAC AUDIO with the resistors to get the hand controls to work with the Sony. Man I though I was moving up and sounded good thru the little stock speakers ( LMAO now) Than I went to the Flea market and picked up a 2 channel amp for the rear speakers so I could hear them. Cranked up the gains which I had little knowledge of how to properly set.
I finally traded that bike in with the same set up in it almost 2 years ago for my Rushmore limited.
The audio on the limited sounded GREAT from what I was used to.
I stumbled on the HD FORUM looking for info on tuners and engine mods as I was getting the ITCH to go fast again. THEN it all happened when I stumbled on the audio section while taking a break from reading about tuners.
I watched a couple videos read some threads and then read some more. Then the tuner and go fast itch when South and I went in a totally different direction.
I think I became a nuisance to some of the members here in the audio asking so many questions. But with them answering my questions and the suggestions of equipment on my budget .I started to accumulate the system I have today on my scoot which I am VERY HAPPY with.
I have to throw out a few names GANN and HAZE and the rest of the group for all there help ,testing on equipment and so on.

I have met a couple of members from here which are some good dudes.

Hopefully with what knowledge I have about this audio thing that I have learned and the "REARRANGING",making do with what I have type attitude I can help others here.
Ok I'll get off my soap box now.

Again THANKS TO EVERYONE for helping me spend my $$$$$$$

Edit: I am in South suburbs of Chicago if anyone needs a hand

Last edited by Babyboy; 03-04-2016 at 11:23 AM.
Old 03-04-2016, 03:54 PM
ultra_classic
Club Member
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Well I am a Newbie in the audio department, like most I stumbled onto it. I bought my 2005 Ultra Classic used about 6 years ago, and have slowly ungraded stuff with my "beer and Hockey money" aka (not household funds) LOL some of you guys know what I'm talking about. I first did the Hog tunes amp and 4 speakers (big Ultra kit) wow what a difference from tired stock audio, fast forward 2-3 years later after reading on the forum I started to get a feel for what my next system would look like.

So far I have a set of Titan II in the fairing, Sound stream PN4 1000D stuffed in there with A LOT of help and shout outs from almost ALL the members here Sony DSX-S310BTX , ASWC-1, re using my HTunes speakers in the rear pods.
And I'm still asking questions too!

The prices for stuff here in Canada is a little higher and double for shipping some times, and with the exchange rate, sales tax, border duties, additional shipping costs, its crazy, so I try to get good deals from forum members here and so far so good with helping facilitate shipping ( thanks Gan)

Oh and I haven't had the bike outside yet as its -5 and white outside,but in my garage it sounded clean and loud

Just have to get a rain cover, and then next would be lower speakers and amp.....maybe next winters project

Attached Thumbnails Who Are You and Whats Your Story?-img_20160227_154318.jpg   Who Are You and Whats Your Story?-img_20160226_122722.jpg   Who Are You and Whats Your Story?-img_20160226_122729.jpg   Who Are You and Whats Your Story?-img_20160227_154320.jpg   Who Are You and Whats Your Story?-img_20160226_105308.jpg  

Old 03-06-2016, 01:20 AM
LL247
Former Sponsor
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Well, I did my intro thread not too long ago but really enjoyed reading the backgrounds of all you cats so throwing a short version here to keep the thread recent.

For those of you that didn't read my intro when crossing over to the vendor/sponsor side...obsessed audio guy who's been building bike systems for the last 4-5 years (built competition car audio back in the day). I like to run equipment for about 5 minutes then tear my bike back apart just to try new stuff for the hell of it lol. Like to hear things for myself to better make recommendations. For the stuff I don't hear, I lean on some of you guys that can give a true opinion. I like it here because of the people, very rarely does a thread turn to bickering, mostly everyone helping each other out. Towards the end of last riding season was running a full Arc setup but had everyone tell me it was awesome but didn't compare to so-and-so's bike. I eventually faced off with Mr So-and-so...he toasted my Full Arc Moto / PN4.1000D setup with a Digital Designs pro-audio setup running half the watts. At the that point I went into obsession mode and crossed to the pro-audio side of the yard. Eventually got burnt out at work, wife pushed me to do what I've always dreamed of, start my own bike business specializing in audio. Sold all my bikes (except my RG), traded in my new truck, scrapped as much together as we could and I opened my business.

Let me thank all you guys for your support. I will continue to do all I can to support you guys back, you see how low my pricing is but know if you need anything please call me at the shop.

And if any of you are ever in the Pittsburgh area let me know! Love to have some of you cats stop in the shop!

Old 03-06-2016, 07:56 AM
Bunker
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 494 Likes on 314 Posts

Started my bike audio journey last December, was supposed to have a J&M system installed in November but missed my appointment due to rain (traveling to the Lone Star Rally).

I decided to poke around on the audio forum and see what I could do. Stopped by a couple of local car audio installers and got their takes too.

I ended up with a Cerwin Vega B2 and some Infinity Kappas and the BT Line Leveler, it sounded good but I wanted more...

I've gone through several setup since them, lots of videos posted on those setups. My current setup, well that's a mystery (don't want to spoil the videos coming).

Speaking of videos, had the chance Friday and Saturday to meet up with a fellow forum member who I only knew through these boards. He took the time to help me with my idea and offered up two sets of speakers to add to my test. Not only that, he also offered up some terrific hospitality and we ended up touring the Texas Independence Trail, the Bluebonnet Trail, and pretty much every back round from Houston to Lake Somerville! Two days of riding, eating, and some beautiful Texas scenes. Tailwind didn't know me other than a few PM's and some posts back and forth, he took the time to help a brother out and that is what it's all about.

This forum is full of guys who truly want to help. Sure some things get pushed more than others but sometimes what their pushing isn't exactly what they have but it's the better choice for the person asking

Last edited by Bunker; 03-06-2016 at 08:00 AM.
Old 03-06-2016, 06:26 PM
CoachKenB
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow my story is so much...less...than all of yours!

I stalked this forum for several months, reading post after post, stole all of the great info on the board, and recently installed an upgraded system. Sony HU, SS PN4.1000d, Kappa 62.11 in upper and lower fairings. Sounds awesome!

Thanks to you guys for sharing!