Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to bagger...need stereo help

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2016, 06:42 PM
usaf8ret
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to bagger...need stereo help

Guys I recently bought a 2012 Limited. Love the bike...hate the stereo sound. I already have a RF PBR300x2 amp that I would like to use.

1) Can I use this amp for the front and use the stock stereo wiring for the rear? If so is there a DIY guide to wiring it up?

2) What would be the best speaker you would recommend for the RF amp? I have read the mm651 sounds good but seem to fail frequently. Is there a comparable sounding speaker that is reliable? Would like to stay in the $150 range.

Thanks. I need all the help I can get with this stereo info, as I really don't have much experience to fall back on.

James

Old 03-03-2016, 07:05 PM
HD_Doobie
Road Captain
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Infinity Kappa 62.11i match well with that amp and sound loud and clear.

Old 03-03-2016, 08:04 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by HD_Doobie
Infinity Kappa 62.11i match well with that amp and sound loud and clear.
^^^^^
Yeah That!!

Old 03-08-2016, 08:17 PM
usaf8ret
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gannicus
^^^^^
Yeah That!!
I don't know why I expected more from this forum. Years ago there were quite a few knowledgable members.

Nowadays, it seems this forum is full of wannabes, rubs and people who just don't have much experience.

Sad......

Old 03-08-2016, 08:27 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,239 Likes on 1,002 Posts

Originally Posted by usaf8ret
I don't know why I expected more from this forum. Years ago there were quite a few knowledgable members. Nowadays, it seems this forum is full of wannabes, rubs and people who just don't have much experience. Sad......
Where the hell do you get off with the **** your spewing out of your pie hole? You asked a simple question and got a straight up answer and you come back with this smartass ****. What more do you friggin want fella? There's some really smart folks here but I don't think none of us can read your damn mind.

Old 03-08-2016, 08:28 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

I don't know why I expected more from this forum. Years ago there were quite a few knowledgable members.

Nowadays, it seems this forum is full of wannabes, rubs and people who just don't have much experience.

Sad......
What exactly did you expect. Answers:

1a. Yes you can
1b. No there isn't

2. The most knowledgable, hell actually the most helpful guy on the forum replied with "yeah that" on the best choice of speakers for that amp

If you weren't such an asshat with your last post I'm sure some would be more helpful. You make it really hard to want to help you. That's on you man.

Old 03-08-2016, 09:30 PM
Moto Mike
Road Warrior
Received 122 Likes on 116 Posts

Sad...sad is right...douchebanger comes on forum, douchebanger asks dumb questions that are easily searched! douchebanger gets answer about best speaker that goes with amp, and is in his budget... douchebanger doesn't like answer, douchebanger insults experts on forum...go away douchebanger figure it out yourself!!

Old 03-08-2016, 09:50 PM
09baggerdude
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Sad......
Wow...assholeitis...
Why don't you find another forum to visit? Youve done nothing but bash the people of this forum, even on other threads...

Old 03-08-2016, 11:22 PM
LL247
Former Sponsor
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Wow...what was I thinking becoming a sponsor here? I thought this was a good group of people, a few who know quite a bit about audio from experience, and guys that want to help others. I must've been wrong!

I guess spending the last handful of years building audio systems and doing it for a living means I don't have much experience. Gann, Haze, and you other frequenters of the audio forum, sorry you don't have much experience either apparently.

In all seriousness, I'm glad these types of guys aren't around here very often.

Old 03-09-2016, 02:47 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Sad......
usaf8ret -

Doobie hit the nail on the head with his reply to your question. I simply agreed with his recommendation. Now I'm capable of giving you a long drawn out dissertation but it really wasn't necessary for the simplistic questions asked.

The amp you speak of is a two channel amp. You have 4 speakers. You can use the amp on any two speakers you want front or back. Most would use it on the front. You have a 2012 Ultra limited. The radio is already connected to the back speakers. Once you install the amp to the front speakers the rear speakers are going to play just like they always have except they won't be amped.

To be clear and to use your terminology the most "comparable sounding speaker that is reliable is in fact the Infinity 62.11i speakers in the $150 price range. You won't get a better sounding speaker in that price range with the PBR amp. The DIY guide to wiring it up is right here on the forum. They would be the same guys you insulted with your wanabee comments.

Last edited by Gannicus; 03-09-2016 at 02:53 AM.

Quick Reply: New to bagger...need stereo help